• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Control Debate Grips Yakima

amlevin

Wonder how these protesters can explain how Cities and States in this country, where restrictions on purchasing a handgun are the strictest, the crimes involving guns are among the highest in the nation.

When will they get it through their mind that Criminals are not intimidated by any law?

Unfortunately these people are linear thinkers and can't see anything but their own agenda.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
These protesters hit it every year in their gibberish here in Yakima.
Last year they were made to leave by law enforcement when they setup outside the gun show with Men, Women and Children with Ketchup poured on them to simulate gun shot victims and death.

It appears this time they were setup outside the fairgrounds and if it was not in the local news, it would still be a non event, did you see the crowd LOL, 1 at outside the fairgrounds and 2 at 3rd ave and Nobhill blvd.

A quick reminder the City and County of Yakima have brought their ordinances into compliance with State Preemption, City of Union Gap and Selah are moving toward doing the same, this area is becoming more and more pro gun.

tombrewster421

These protesters hit it every year in their gibberish here in Yakima.
Last year they were made to leave by law enforcement when they setup outside the gun show with Men, Women and Children with Ketchup poured on them to simulate gun shot victims and death.

It appears this time they were setup outside the fairgrounds and if it was not in the local news, it would still be a non event, did you see the crowd LOL, 1 at outside the fairgrounds and 2 at 3rd ave and Nobhill blvd.

A quick reminder the City and County of Yakima have brought their ordinances into compliance with State Preemption, City of Union Gap and Selah are moving toward doing the same, this area is becoming more and more pro gun.

I don't know if I would call it "Pro-gun", but At least "Gun-tolerant" due to being forced to follow state law so they don't get sued.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
I don't know if I would call it "Pro-gun", but At least "Gun-tolerant" due to being forced to follow state law so they don't get sued.

Tom I would agree with you except it took little prodding to get the local cities and county to come into compliance and I was thanked by the council and commissioners in bringing this forward.
Thus far on all votes were unanimous and no opposition to speak of.

tombrewster421

Tom I would agree with you except it took little prodding to get the local cities and county to come into compliance and I was thanked by the council and commissioners in bringing this forward.
Thus far on all votes were unanimous and no opposition to speak of.

I'm just saying to keep an eye out, that's all. There's still lots of anti gun people wherever you look. If you were to open carry you'd probably notice more. And no I'm not trying to pit you down so don't go there.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
I'm just saying to keep an eye out, that's all. There's still lots of anti gun people wherever you look. If you were to open carry you'd probably notice more. And no I'm not trying to pit you down so don't go there.

I agree there are plenty of anti gun people out there to go around, what I am referring to there is little opposition here compared to the Puget Sound Arena along with Yakima County being more to the rural country side of things versus them there City Folk.

Do we have them (anti's) sure but they barley make a squeak, not to say they should not be ignored.

Not trying to PIT me down, now you have done it insulting us church going, card carrying, gun toting Nascar Fans! :banana:

tombrewster421

I agree there are plenty of anti gun people out there to go around, what I am referring to there is little opposition here compared to the Puget Sound Arena along with Yakima County being more to the rural country side of things versus them there City Folk.

Do we have them (anti's) sure but they barley make a squeak, not to say they should not be ignored.

Not trying to PIT me down, now you have done it insulting us church going, card carrying, gun toting Nascar Fans! :banana:

Oops, my thumbs are too big for my phone keyboard. I wish the opposition would just be as tolerant as we are towards them.