• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Wedding?

ElTeeRanDee

I'm Getting Married in May, we're trying to find a place to do so in Southern VA (a Plantation type setting) or possibly Northern NC, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to make it an open carry wedding, I'm just putting my feelers out there for anyone that has ideas of places that may exist for either the actual wedding or even a nice place for the reception.

Naturally, my (new) friends would be invited - Obviously I'll hammer out the details, but I mentioned it to my wife (I have a strong dislike of the word Fiance`) and she loves the idea.

Though, I'd say an Open-Carry Bachelor's party sounds like a bad idea, lol.

Cheers,

Randy

Phssthpok

I think it's a fantastic idea!

Not something you'd want her to toss into the crowd, though... :uhoh:

Well...since traditionally it's the groom that pulls it off and tosses it, one would presume that the sidearm would be removed first.:rolleyes:

(I know *I* would throw away a perfectly serviceable sidearm.:p)

sultan62

I had some friends get married in Asheville, NC at the Botanical Gardens. I didn't OC during the ceremony, but I did when checking out the place and setting up.

HankT

State Researcher
I'm Getting Married in May, we're trying to find a place to do so in Southern VA (a Plantation type setting) or possibly Northern NC, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to make it an open carry wedding,

Congratulations. And best of luck to your happy union.

Though, I'd say an Open-Carry Bachelor's party sounds like a bad idea, lol.
Why so? A lot of bachelor parties involve drinking but I don't think Virginia has any prohibitions against OCing and drinking. Go ahead. Have a whooping good time. Four Loco for everyone! And OC while you're doing it.

What could happen, anyway?

ElTeeRanDee

Congratulations. And best of luck to your happy union.

Why so? A lot of bachelor parties involve drinking but I don't think Virginia has any prohibitions against OCing and drinking. Go ahead. Have a whooping good time. Four Loco for everyone! And OC while you're doing it.

What could happen, anyway?

Virginia is just dandy with OC while drinking, but somehow slapping a stripper on her hind end with the barrel of my 1911 just doesn't seem entici....

OPEN CARRY BACHELOR PARTY IS ON.

I jest. Mostly.