• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Drivers draw guns on each other during road rage incident in Bonney Lake

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
  1. Apples and oranges, yes, but they both grow from trees. Cornering a person in their car, especially when they have made it clear they have a shotgun (not sure if they just shown a round or the shotgun itself)...if your car can't get out safely, personally, I think the person should exit the car and take cover.
  2. Similar in that you have some POS hell-bent on engaging you in a hostile manner. If a guy blocks me from leaving, gets into the back of his car and pulls a shotgun...I would be really considering the exit the vehicle option if I were alone.
  3. Asking someone WTF their problem is is not starting a fight...sometimes people need to be made aware that they are being uncivil. I realize that all of us are responding to a situation that was read(e) from the paper...hard to say what we all would do in the moment though, right?
  4. I wonder though, if a person blocks you, gets out of their vehicle with a shotgun, can you legally run their a$$ over trying to get away?...I would think that you could.
formatted for ease of response only.

1 & 2 I concur as well.

3. In this situation the driver of the SUV (proclaimed victim) choose to escalate the encounter of "staring angrily"at him by rolling down his window and stating "asked the driver what his problem was." which escalated the encounter, he plainly contributed to the problem.
Can someone make the statement of WTF, you bet but do not expect a warm hug!

4. The issue of using your vehicle as a defensive weapon when threatened has been discussed on many forums and personally I see the use of, as with any other deadly weapon and they were blocking your path of escape, Thump Thump and call 911

Deleted_User

1 & 2 I concur as well.

3. In this situation the driver of the SUV (proclaimed victim) choose to escalate the encounter of "staring angrily"at him by rolling down his window and stating "asked the driver what his problem was." which escalated the encounter, he plainly contributed to the problem.
Can someone make the statement of WTF, you bet but do not expect a warm hug!

4. The issue of using your vehicle as a defensive weapon when threatened has been discussed on many forums and personally I see the use of, as with any other deadly weapon and they were blocking your path of escape, Thump Thump and call 911

+1 :lol:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
I am sorry, but that made me laugh a little. Someone pulls out a gun after blocking me in they are getting one of two things, thump thump, or bang bang.

1. Most trainers will recommend to hit the gas for a couple of reasons;
  2. Creating distance between you and them
  3. Unless you get a lucky hit and stop the threat immediately you are still in danger for sometime.
  4. Once you here Thump Thump two things happen, they are disarmed and dismantled, thus end of threat.

• Initial Response :eek:
  • Momentary Thought :lol:
  • Done :dude:
I should add, driving around the block and then return to do the thump thump would not play out so well
:lol: Just Saying !

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

Between the things we all chat about on here and the news that i read concerning self-defense situations, I hope that I never am confronted with crap like this. SHTF, say a disaster, natural or social, I am saving up lots of food so we don't have to go out much.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Some years ago I was heading home in the north end. None of the side streets in Tacoma have stop signs except at major intersections. Two of us were cruising up to the same intersection, the other driver to my left. The other driver blew thru the intersection and I gave him a look and threw up m hands at him in disgust (no gesture mind you just a roll of the wrists to say what the hell?). He proceeded to turn around and harass me for the next few blocks, even passing me to cut me off. I gave him plenty of room and let him run his course, even turning to get away which caused him to race to other intersections and again cross paths.
As I got to another intersection he had pulled thru and was standing next to his car as I approached the intersection. He then reached in his car and pulled out a small revolver and held it in the air for me to see.
I stopped my vehicle, got out of the car and slammed my holster and 1911 on my car roof and screamed at him "Do you really want to go there? I've got 9 years shooting on various Army pistol teams!" He got in his car and left and to my knowledge I've never seen him again.

Looking back, it was a really dumb thing to do but I think we both learned something that day.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

So you are going to cruise up along side someone who is OBVIOUSLY already displaying hostility, roll your window down and CHALLENGE them? That appears to be directly LOOKING to get into a confrontation to me.

Does this mean that if someone looks at you funny you should "swagger up" to them hand on your hip and say "you muthafuc4a what the hell is your problem?" Come on it is the same type of thing here, just let the idiots be idiots...

Umm no you missed the point the other guy trailed him and pulled up to him. Are you going to let him follow you to your home or work and cause problems for you there in the present or in the future? I also encourage my kids to fight back at school when bullies bother them. Guess what it works, they stop the bullying and move on.

I am keenly aware of such questions. When I had an incident I had plenty of people asking why I spoke up when someone was harassing and intimidating my family and me.

Bunch a F-ing cowards as far as I am concerned, people who say that you should avoid a situation at any cost...yea, perpetuate what's already been established as the social norm, let the criminals be criminals and harass you as much as they like without any legitimate, justifiable response from the law-abiding citizen minding their own business.

Exactly.

Last edited:

devildoc5

Umm no you missed the point the other guy trailed him and pulled up to him. Are you going to let him follow you to your home or work and cause problems for you there in the present or in the future? I also encourage my kids to fight back at school when bullies bother them. Guess what it works, they stop the bullying and move on.

Exactly.

ok maybe we are just not understanding each others points here or something, I am not sure.

I am trying to make the point that if you ask someone who is ALREADY upset what their problem is you are going to ESCALATE the situation. There is not need to escalate a situation such as this. Having been in a few "rolling argument matches" myself I can tell you that the best thing you can do (at least in MY experiences) is just let the jug-head go. Ignore them. Confronting them will only cause an ESCALATION in the situation.

9/10 from what I have noticed they will steam for a mile or two and then peel out down the road. There is also evasive actions you can take, if they are beside you turn at the next corner unexpectedly and "circle the block" they will think you kept driving straight and be long gone by the time you get back on your original route.

There is a time and place for being "macho" and a time and place for knowing when it is not worth your time cause you wont teach the imbecile anything anyways...

sudden valley gunner

Yea I am not for escalating and being macho.

But I think it's a bad precedent to accuse the accosted of wrong doing when he didn't start the scene. We are a stand your ground state, and doing so isn't being macho it is simply not encouraging future bad behavior by "bullies".

I had a guy following me one time flashing lights and yelling. I rolled down the window finally and said what's your problem? He told me your cell is on your back bumper. LOL. Dohhhhh. :banghead:

amlevin

There is a time and place for being "macho" and a time and place for knowing when it is not worth your time cause you wont teach the imbecile anything anyways...

It's also important to not take any action that will put your legal position in jeopardy. If someone initiates a hostile confrontation and you choose to escalate, at what point do you cease to be the "defender". If it does result in a "shootout" who is the one that gets to use the Self Defense plea? It can be not only a case of not being worth your time, it can also be a case of not being worth your freedom. The Statutes (Laws) may not require that you retreat but there is also the "Law of Common Sense". The one that is all too often ignored when someone is bound and determined to show that "their's is bigger than the other's".