Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45

Thread: Another citizen saved by his A/V recorder. TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Another citizen saved by his A/V recorder. TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport

    http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...sing-security/
    Quote Originally Posted by SignOnSandiego.com
    Tyner was simultaneously thrown out of San Diego International Airport on Saturday morning for refusing to submit to a security check and threatened with a civil suit and $10,000 fine if he left.

    And he got the whole thing on his cell phone. Well, the audio at least.
    With link URL to the recordings

    http://johnnyedge.blogspot.com/

    http://johnnyedge.blogspot.com/2010/...y-between.html

  2. #2
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    I like the last paragraph:

    Tyner points out that every terrorist act on an airplane has been halted by passengers. "It's time to stop treating passengers like criminals and start treating them as assets," he said.

    +1!

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    I am truly sorry for the hassle this man has already gone through and the future hassle he is bound to face. I hope he wins his civil suit and enough money to accomplish two things:

    1. That he feels like he came out ahead and that his efforts proved to be worthwhile for him personally.

    2. That his efforts prove worthwhile for the rest of us and that the TSA is reigned in.

    We should not have to subject our naked bodies to view or our clothed bodies to groping of our private parts as a condition of flying.

    The TSA agents were trying to do their job as they have been instructed and did not force the groping. They found themselves in the horrible position of trying to justify an unjustifiable system. I wouldn't hold them responsible. The TSA and the "government agent" (for lack of a better term) both should be held financially responsible for violating the civil rights of this man. The "agents" actions were particularly reprehensible. He should have recognized that, even if the law required screening once the man entered "the secure area," then the mistake was on the part of the TSA for escorting him out. Once he was out, the government had nothing more to say in the matter.

    Disgusting.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

  5. #5
    Regular Member oldbanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    beckofbeyond - Idaho
    Posts
    476



    CAIR tells Muslims how to limit TSA inspection
    'They SHOULD NOT subject you to a full-body or partial-body pat-down'

    http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=227513

  6. #6
    Regular Member Batousaii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Kitsap Co., Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,234

    Make it count ...

    ... I'd instruct them to provide me with their hottest, curvy, sultry female TSA agent they have.... then I'd tell her to "Make it count..."

    Bat.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Homeland Secretary Janet Napolitano
    And we ask the American people to play an important part of our layered defense. We ask for cooperation, patience and a commitment to vigilance in the face of a determined enemy.
    NO!

    I will not cooperate with scanners or pat-downs.

    You may not view nor touch my junk!

  8. #8
    Regular Member OldCurlyWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    912
    You could always do as was reported a airline pilot did recently. He supposedly cold cocked the TSA jerk who supposedly gave him an "extra" feel. That needs to happen to the onsite TSA supervisor at EVERY airport in the country.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

    Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    I like the last paragraph:

    Tyner points out that every terrorist act on an airplane has been halted by passengers. "It's time to stop treating passengers like criminals and start treating them as assets," he said.

    +1!
    +2!
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  10. #10
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bedford, Texas, USA
    Posts
    834
    Quote Originally Posted by OldCurlyWolf View Post
    You could always do as was reported a airline pilot did recently. He supposedly cold cocked the TSA jerk who supposedly gave him an "extra" feel. That needs to happen to the onsite TSA supervisor at EVERY airport in the country.
    then what to do with the inevitable felony assault on a federal official charges? do we trust a jury to nullify the assault?

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Yeah, it is important that those who fight for their rights remain reasonable. Striking the officer could take the focus off the rights violation and put it on the assault.

    Tyner acted very reasonably and remained under control at all times. His response was measured, during the event and in later interviews. I am impressed with the young man, his principles, and his demeanor. He is the kind of person who will help all America understand that these scanners and pat-downs are clear invasions of privacy that should not be tolerated.

    A pilot slugging a TSA officer will be seen by most as the aggressor.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    581
    There are safer and more effective methods of preventing a hijacking:

    - A locked cockpit door, great start (and nearly implemented on every commercial plane). - Ballistic reinforcements to prevent the cockpit area being breached.
    - Random air marshals on flights (mix them up every flight to prevent recognition)
    - People taking responsibility and challenging a would be hijacker. You may get a few of us, but we WILL get you.

    A search that is on par with a search incident to arrest is unacceptable. The TSA was a kneejerk reaction to 9/11. That being said, I drive everywhere I need to go. I've put some mileage on some vehicles traipsing through Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, and Alabama from SE VA.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193
    Quote Originally Posted by palerider116 View Post
    There are safer and more effective methods of preventing a hijacking:
    Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by palerider116 View Post
    There are safer and more effective methods of preventing a hijacking:

    - A locked cockpit door, great start (and nearly implemented on every commercial plane). - Ballistic reinforcements to prevent the cockpit area being breached.
    - Random air marshals on flights (mix them up every flight to prevent recognition)
    - People taking responsibility and challenging a would be hijacker. You may get a few of us, but we WILL get you.

    A search that is on par with a search incident to arrest is unacceptable. The TSA was a kneejerk reaction to 9/11. That being said, I drive everywhere I need to go. I've put some mileage on some vehicles traipsing through Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, and Alabama from SE VA.
    The best solution?

    Lawfully carried and properly holstered firearms should be allowed on commercial aircraft. Drawing the weapon on the airplane for any reason other than the defense of self and others should be a federal crime.

    It was ordinary citizens who saved the Capitol Building by bringing one of the planes down in PA on 9/11. Law-abiding citizens are our first line of defense against those who would harm us. If we may lawfully carry on the ground, I see no reason we may not lawfully carry in the air.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    The best solution?

    Lawfully carried and properly holstered firearms should be allowed on commercial aircraft. Drawing the weapon on the airplane for any reason other than the defense of self and others should be a federal crime.

    It was ordinary citizens who saved the Capitol Building by bringing one of the planes down in PA on 9/11. Law-abiding citizens are our first line of defense against those who would harm us. If we may lawfully carry on the ground, I see no reason we may not lawfully carry in the air.
    Agreed. The problem is reclaiming a right that has been yielded by previous generations. It is going to be a long battle to reclaim that fundamental right. A right yielded is an open invitation for more government intervention.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth.
    Doug,

    That statement appeals to a fundamental truth that "all men are created equal". But that has never been the case. Not in 2010. Not in 1964. Not in 1865. Not 1776. Not in 1607. Some are more equal than others. Rights and liberty have been conceded for over 400 years. As long as the majority are content to keep yielding rights, we will never be equal.

    Would an armed citizen be the best response for a hijacker? Yes. Help that hijacker make the journey over the river Styx. Talk about reward mileage.

  17. #17
    Regular Member Coded-Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Roseville
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by palerider116 View Post
    Doug,

    That statement appeals to a fundamental truth that "all men are created equal". But that has never been the case. Not in 2010. Not in 1964. Not in 1865. Not 1776. Not in 1607. Some are more equal than others. SNIP
    I just watched an interesting video on global empathy and how it has progressed over the years. let me see if I can dig it up.....of course the case for global empathy would inadvertently create the allusion of peace as well(no more guns?).

    If guns cause crime.....mine must be defective.

  18. #18
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    As posted by Eye95
    "Quote Originally Posted by Homeland Secretary Janet Napolitano
    And we ask the American people to play an important part of our layered defense. We ask for cooperation, patience and a commitment to vigilance in the face of a determined enemy."

    All I DEMAND of Government at ANY and ALL levels is an understanding and recognition of the Constitution of these United States, the limits placed up ANY government agent/agency, the rights of the various States, and the Rights and powers of the Citizens of the Country---- you know, all those Other rights and privileges NOT granted to the federal Government or the individual states THAT ARE RESERVED TO THE PEOPLE.

    Yep, in this case the caps may be both for emphasis and yelling, again for further emphasis!

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Yell away!

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,026
    Homeland Secretary Janet Napolitano:
    "And we ask the American people to play an important part of our layered defense. We ask for cooperation, patience and a commitment to vigilance in the face of a determined enemy."
    Funny....the only determined enemy I see affecting our lives right now is YOU (and your DHS ilk), and in fact you ARE seeing a 'commitment to vigilance'...so why exactly are you complaining?

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,226
    committed to vigilance... she is a vigilantly!

  22. #22
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Homeland Secretary Janet Napolitano:
    "And we ask the American people to play an important part of our layered defense. We ask for cooperation, patience and a commitment to vigilance in the face of a determined enemy."
    Quote Originally Posted by Phssthpok View Post
    Funny....the only determined enemy I see affecting our lives right now is YOU (and your DHS ilk), and in fact you ARE seeing a 'commitment to vigilance'...so why exactly are you complaining?
    +1 on Phssthpok's "commitment to vigilance."

    One of my all time favorite quotes is from a speech by Edmund Burke to Parliament in March 1775. Speaking about the American colonists, he said, "They augur misgovernment at a distance; and snuff the approach of tyranny in every tainted breeze."


    End of the sixth paragraph:

    http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/found...s/v1ch1s2.html

    Also, note the subject matter of the sixth paragraph. Compare to our reading statutes and court opinions.

  23. #23
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Coded-Dude View Post
    ...of course the case for global empathy would inadvertently create the allusion of peace as well(no more guns?).
    How are they planning to get the bears, mountain lion, wolves, and coyotes out there to watch TV and become similarly empathic with respect to not attacking or eating myself, my son, and any pets we might have?

    More importantly, what's the plan to turn bad guys into good guys? Genetic identification at birth? Lifetime incarceration of 3rd-graders for pulling someone else's hair?

    Are corrupt governments going to turn themselves in because they're "good-natured? (the antithesis of corruption)

    Yeah! I didn't think so!

    It's a pipe dream. We'll always have bad guys (and bad animals, and corrupt governments) against which we need to remain armed.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    How are they planning to get the bears, mountain lion, wolves, and coyotes out there to watch TV and become similarly empathic with respect to not attacking or eating myself, my son, and any pets we might have?

    More importantly, what's the plan to turn bad guys into good guys? Genetic identification at birth? Lifetime incarceration of 3rd-graders for pulling someone else's hair?

    Are corrupt governments going to turn themselves in because they're "good-natured? (the antithesis of corruption)

    Yeah! I didn't think so!

    It's a pipe dream. We'll always have bad guys (and bad animals, and corrupt governments) against which we need to remain armed.
    its worse than that. Its a push for global governance and less sovereignty for us. With much more than passing thought I think it should become clear that this video is trying to appeal to us to be a herd instead of individuals. Empathy is a useful tool, not something to be guided by as they are hoping and suggesting we should change society to do. This is a steaming pile of progressive mess that has been around for a long time. They just add in an appeal to science to make their idea seem new and exciting.

  25. #25
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    With much more than passing thought I think it should become clear that this video is trying to appeal to us to be a herd instead of individuals.
    This is the goal of human control, as has been attempted countless times throughout human history, including England's failed attempt to squash their colonies as well as many succeeding governments' attempts to silence our U.S. civilians.
    Last edited by since9; 11-19-2010 at 12:16 AM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •