• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A 7 Day Ban For Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Brokensprocket,

I did not give Spartacus a license to behave badly. I repeatedly asked him to tone it down and I edited, deleted or unapproved (hid) his posts that I found to be in violation of the rules or just distasteful. I did that because I didn't want those coming here (media etc) to see it, not because I was trying to hide something from other posters.

As for why I waited so long and only started with a 7 day ban ... Spartacus IS a dedicated gun rights advocate and activist in the real world and puts his time and money into the struggle. The fact that he is over the top on the internet doesn't detract from that. I gave him a lot of chances because he earned them in the real world. Period. You can be angry with me for that but it is my reasoning and I stand by it.

And finally, as for your request to be banned ... I will not ban you for criticizing me. That is your right as a forum member. I am not perfect but I will always accept your complaints and tell you why I did something even if you think it is wrong.

John

JOHN, I do not believe you.

You gave 'Fair Warning' months ago. Instead of following through with it, you gave Spartacus a license to behave the way he does. You began to completely delete his threads to remove any evidence that he had broken a rule. Entire threads dissappeared. I feel that type of moderating in unethical.

You just banned him for seven days, TODAY! How does that old saying go, "A day late and a dollar short". One day and one dollar? It's alot worse than that.

BAN ME, SO I CAN'T COME BACK.

B

bhancock

Brokensprocket,

I did not give Spartacus a license to behave badly. I repeatedly asked him to tone it down and I edited, deleted or unapproved (hid) his posts that I found to be in violation of the rules or just distasteful. I did that because I didn't want those coming here (media etc) to see it, not because I was trying to hide something from other posters.

As for why I waited so long and only started with a 7 day ban ... Spartacus IS a dedicated gun rights advocate and activist in the real world and puts his time and money into the struggle. The fact that he is over the top on the internet doesn't detract from that. I gave him a lot of chances because he earned them in the real world. Period. You can be angry with me for that but it is my reasoning and I stand by it.

And finally, as for your request to be banned ... I will not ban you for criticizing me. That is your right as a forum member. I am not perfect but I will always accept your complaints and tell you why I did something even if you think it is wrong.

John

For some of us, the first way or only way we meet some of the other people is here on the forum. I do not know this man other than here so I have the same perception as Sprocket, way too many chances and intervention way too late. I would be happy to perhaps cut him a little slack if I or anyone else here could point to some of his awesome achievements we all hear so much about. Even so, I do not expect others to put up with my disrespect of them just because I have accomplished something great or am a tireless worker for the cause. I attempt to earn respect and encourage others whether it is here or in person. It is a bogus excuse, no one should be allowed to abuse or disrespect others just because they have had some great achievements. All the rhetoric left a bad taste in my mouth for the forum and it became way less valuable to me as the posts were repeatedly cheapened and dramatized. Many started out as great discussions that I would love to have been involved in. I can only get to a few events a year so most of my info comes from here and my action is responding to events with letters, calls and donations. Yes there is the ignore feature and the ability to personally ignore someone, but after so many times for so long it just gets maddening.

I am going to hang in there for a while and see if the situation improves. With appropriate moderation, not the limiting of ideas and free discussion, but appropriate moderation this board can be a great asset to the various RKBA efforts.

skipbadger

Best Behavior

I have been following the Wisconsin forum for a while now. First as a lurker, then signed up to respond to some posts. A most interesting place it is.

As a former resident of the Badger State, I feel Wisconsin is poised to be a national leader in gun rights over the next couple of years. With the latest court decision on concealed carry, the Culver's incident, and the change of power with the state legislature, all sorts of 2A goodness is coming out of the state.

That said, it is time to represent. It is time to put on the coat and tie and act professional. Trim your nails, brush your hair, and brush your teeth, because the nation is watching.

A previous poster said it best by simply asking folks to reread what is written and ask if it is really on topic and if it really needs to be stated.

Good luck to all of you in the coming battle for your right to carry. You are poised to leap frog ahead of my state of North Carolina!

paul@paul-fisher.com

I have been following the Wisconsin forum for a while now. First as a lurker, then signed up to respond to some posts. A most interesting place it is.

As a former resident of the Badger State, I feel Wisconsin is poised to be a national leader in gun rights over the next couple of years. With the latest court decision on concealed carry, the Culver's incident, and the change of power with the state legislature, all sorts of 2A goodness is coming out of the state.

That said, it is time to represent. It is time to put on the coat and tie and act professional. Trim your nails, brush your hair, and brush your teeth, because the nation is watching.

A previous poster said it best by simply asking folks to reread what is written and ask if it is really on topic and if it really needs to be stated.

Good luck to all of you in the coming battle for your right to carry. You are poised to leap frog ahead of my state of North Carolina!

I actually wore a suit and tie visiting Kedzie and Nass last week.

Spartacus

Banned
Despite my repeated requests, the fighting here continues. I have banned Spartacus for 7 days and hope that when he comes back, he will be more civil.

John

Well I'm sure gonna try John. From now on "civil" is my middle name.

I've been very busy lately what with buying a winter home in AZ and all so I haven't had time to post or participate with WCI much lately but I look forward to mixing it up here and in real life again with all my OC buddies real soon.

Thanks for all the PM's, emails and phone calls I received since I've been away and also for the nice complements in this thread and a few others I've read. With a few exceptions y'all are a fantastic cross-section of humanity.

Congrats to Gray for his promotion to moderator. A fine gentleman and a great pick IMO. I hope to not be too much of a bother to you sir especially since the signal to noise ratio here has toned down considerably.

pullnshoot25

California will give Wisconsin a run for its money.

Also, the cows are TOTALLY happier here! ;)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
snip....Let's get back to discussing open carry.

Thanks.

John

Well I'm sure gonna try John.

icon14.png

Last edited:

1FASTC4

California will give Wisconsin a run for its money.

Also, the cows are TOTALLY happier here! ;)

I'd bet the farm those happy cows are on that California doesn't get anything positive done on the 2nd amendment. Your state voters keep electing liberal nutjobs, ..Maxine Waters.

Tweety

Banned
I have Spartacus on ignore so I don't see his posts. From your response, I can imagine it. He likes chasing off new guys or anyone else that doesn't agree with him. Hang in there.

I see, thanks for the heads up. Since this thread is titled 7 day ban for spartacus I will take it that it is safe to assume he has learned nothing from it at all.

HankT

State Researcher
I have Spartacus on ignore so I don't see his posts. From your response, I can imagine it. He likes chasing off new guys or anyone else that doesn't agree with him. Hang in there.

I'm curious, paul@, if you have Spartacus on ignore, uhm, ... er, shouldn't you be... ignoring him?

I dunno, the Admin took an action, Spartacus did his time,he's back.... time to, as E95 puts it... move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.