• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Embarassing OC moment at Loveland Hooters

mahkagari

Wife, myself, and two daughters went to the gun show at the Loveland Outlet shops today. As I handed my Taurus .357 over to be tied, my 3.5yo asked why I had my gun. "Because I always have my gun, sweetheart."

We went to lunch up the road at Hooters. Did you know Hooters had a kids' menu? I didn't know Hooters had a kids' menu. There was another large table that also had kids behind us and smatterings of solo guys and other pairs watching football.

We ordered and I was playing tic tac toe with my 6yo. I went to take my turn and knocked my 32oz of iced tea across the table. *facepalm* I grabbed my daughter out of her chair before it splashed her. Somehow, I don't think that quick reflex negated onlookers thinking I was too clumsy to skillfully handle a firearm when called for. Fortunately, wing joints have paper towel rolls on the table and a waitress brought me another roll.

We got our food and it wasn't too long before my 3.5yo fell off HER chair and spilled HER drink all over the floor. I didn't even TRY to play that one off. When our waitress arrived with a mop I tried to joke, "We all had too much butter on our popcorn earlier". She laughed politiely but I think she was looking forward to us getting out of there. Maybe that's just my imagination, though.

Oysters were decent, wings were a bit scrawny for the price. I try to tip well because of the recession, but I try to tip even better when OCing to portray a positive image. I tip even more when the staff has to clean up after my kids. That was an expensive meal. Manager smiled and wished us a good day.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Somehow, I don't think that quick reflex negated onlookers thinking I was too clumsy to skillfully handle a firearm when called for.

I think we OCers tend to be more self-conscious than others tend to be critical.

A couple weeks ago, while walking through a display towards the store counter, I inadvertantly knocked over a display of glass bottles thrust out into the middle of the isle. I'm just glad it wasn't expensive! The clerk noticed my firearm immediately, and said, "Don't worry about it," but I thought this would be an excellent opportunity to demonstrate the fact that we're upright citizens, and insisted on paying for it.

He was rather surprised, and I had to say, "No, no - I knocked it over, I'll pay for it" several times. I even offered to mop it up, but he laughed and said he couldn't possibly let me go that far!

mahkagari

I think we OCers tend to be more self-conscious than others tend to be critical.

A couple weeks ago, while walking through a display towards the store counter, I inadvertantly knocked over a display of glass bottles thrust out into the middle of the isle. I'm just glad it wasn't expensive!

Yep, I'm always paranoid my gun is going to knock something over or hook on something, etc. etc. I think that self-conciousness can lend itself to situational awareness if directed appropriately.