• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Westboro Baptist Church Counterprotest

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
Details here: http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=112230

Essentially, a longstanding member of Michigan Gun Owners lost his son last week to some scumbags in Afghanistan during a small arms firefight. PFC Reifert's funeral is this Wednesday.

Westboro Baptist Church released a press release http://www.godhatesfags.com/fliers/20101114_Dead-Soldier-Marine-City-MI-Shane-Reifert.pdf and it sounds like they're going to be there in force.

I'm getting some people together so that, if the family wants it, we can make sure to drive out the scumbags from Westboro and give the fallen soldier the respect he deserves.

NHCGRPR45

i've dealt with these scum bags on 2 other occaisions, good luck, and i will see if i can get the day off work, also i would need a ride up to ann arbor if you wanted me to attend, i would throw the uniform on for this one also!

shaun

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
i've dealt with these scum bags on 2 other occaisions, good luck, and i will see if i can get the day off work, also i would need a ride up to ann arbor if you wanted me to attend, i would throw the uniform on for this one also!

shaun

The actual funeral is in Marine City.

Wed., Nov. 17, at 10:15 a.m.
Our Lady on the River Holy Cross Parish
610 South Water St., Marine City, MI

DetroitBiker

There are non violent ways to deal with these piece of crap protesters.
remember ,the last thing we want is to have something get out of hand in front
of family and friends of PFC Shane Reifert.

The Patriot Guard Riders will have a flag line Mon,tue and wed
Here are a couple of links if anybody is interested in joining us
www.patriotguard.org
www.pgrmichigan.org

flag line mon. from 6:00pm-8:00pm
tuesday 3:00pm-5:00pm also 6:00pm-8:00pm
Gendernalik Funeral Home
35259 23 Mile Rd
New Baltimore, MI 48047
MAP: http://tinyurl.com/GendernalikFH-NewBaltimore

Please bring your 3'x5' Flags

Wednesday, November 17th, 2010 - Funeral Service
610 S Water St
Marine City, MI 48039
MAP: http://tinyurl.com/HolyCrossCatholic-MarineCity

Staging: 8:45 AM
Briefing: 9:15 AM
Arrival Honors: TBA
Flag Line: 10:00 AM
Service begins: 11:00 AM

Please standby for further details ...

Ride Captains: Partnr
and JohnnyMc

Per Sam Cottle,
Michigan State Ride Captain

Last edited:

COMMANDER1911

This burns me up and brings a tear to my eye. They were going to come to camp lejeune a few years ago, but got so many death threats from us Marines they never came. If I saw them at one of my fellow brothers or sisters funerals, I might not be able to contain my anger. So it's a good thing I live down here in GA.

Cpl
USMC
2005-Aug 2010

Bailenforcer

No matter what ones personal beliefs are, no matter their politics, no matter their religious views what these idiots do is misguided and wrong headed. To capitalize on the grief of those who are victims of this war is beyond reason and logic and without compassion which is required of a Christian. The only good that comes from this is the growing public anger and disgust over what they do. They are sealing their own fate and destroying any possible credibility they might have once had. Violence would feed their goals so everyone must remember these idiots are looking for a violent reaction to gain sympathy from. Lets not give them what they want.

My heart goes out to the family and friends of PFC Shane Reifert.

The fact that these people thank they are Christians sickens me. They worship the false idol of Westboro Baptist Church. I am so disgusted.

Long guns?

I say call the national guard... Just to be a friendly barrier, let them have their stupid protest, I'll fight for their first amendment rights, but whose to say a FRIENDLY National Guard barrier wouldn't be a good idea. The family has the first amendment rights to have their peaceful service, so why not have a barrier between the two?

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
The fact that these people thank they are Christians sickens me. They worship the false idol of Westboro Baptist Church. I am so disgusted.

Long guns?

I say call the national guard... Just to be a friendly barrier, let them have their stupid protest, I'll fight for their first amendment rights, but whose to say a FRIENDLY National Guard barrier wouldn't be a good idea. The family has the first amendment rights to have their peaceful service, so why not have a barrier between the two?

Long guns discouraged. - Straight from the Father's mouth. I'll try to coordinate with the Patriot Riders.

The Father encourages all of us to attend.

ALL: If you're planning on attending, please post in this thread how many (You, You+1, etc). Thank you.

Last edited:

Sefner

WBC is not very large, you will find. They are maybe 15 people max. It's pretty much the pastor's immediate family. The way they protest makes them seem large. They stay in one area for a short amount of time, then quickly move to another, then another, then another. They are able to do this because they have a ton of money somehow. I don't know how. The Patriot Guard will outnumber them easily.

Beerme

Banned
WBC is not very large, you will find. They are maybe 15 people max. It's pretty much the pastor's immediate family. The way they protest makes them seem large. They stay in one area for a short amount of time, then quickly move to another, then another, then another. They are able to do this because they have a ton of money somehow. I don't know how. The Patriot Guard will outnumber them easily.
Wish I could come and pay my respects to the fallen but I have to work all week while the boss is hunting.
Im sick of these crazy westboro fucks.
do not let them phase the funeral
thank you patriot guards!

Onnie

Proudly riding with the Patroit Guard for the last year; Ill be there!

Attachments

• RandyandBike.jpg
    RandyandBike.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 108

DetroitBiker

Proudly riding with the Patroit Guard for the last year; Ill be there!
See ya there brother.
Here is a pic from yesterday at Selfrige ANG
35k3hx3.jpg

G22

As Steve said on MGO "Remember those that anger you control you".

And as Ziggy said "Long guns discouraged. - Straight from the Father's mouth.
The Father encourages all of us to attend."

I just joined PGR and planning on being there Wednesday.

I had to sell my bike so I'll be following in my truck.

From the PGR site:

Q. HOW DO WE SHIELD THE MOURNERS FROM PROTESTORS?
A.

If protestors are in attendance we simply hold our flags with our backs turned to the protestors. We, in no way, engage the protestor either verbally or physically. We may sing, rev our engines or say the Pledge of Allegiance but that is strictly up to the direction of the SC/RC. Take your cues from them.

3fgburner

The "ton of money" is because 11 of Phelp's 13 spawn are LAWYERS. They deliberately P!$$ people off, provoking them into doing something like "driving them off", to quote the OP. Then, they sue for assault.

Here's how a group in my area, including some friends of mine, dealt with them: http://woodbridge-va.patch.com/articles/woodbridge-counter-protest-dwarfs-westboro-baptist-church

ManInBlack

Details here: http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=112230

Essentially, a longstanding member of Michigan Gun Owners lost his son last week to some scumbags in Afghanistan during a small arms firefight. PFC Reifert's funeral is this Wednesday.

"Scumbags?" Didn't you mean to say, "patriots resisting an illegal (due to no constitutionally-required declaration of war) foreign invasion and occupation of THEIR country?"

I have nothing but disgust for the members of the Westboro Baptist Church, and I pray every day that all US service personnel will be swiftly brought home from all foreign countries to protect and defend the borders of the United States, but let's have a little perspective here. What would we be doing if the shoe were on the other foot, if foreign soldiers were occupying our nation? As for me and my house, we would be manufacturing IED's, setting ambushes, and in general, doing all the things that used to be considered "acts of war" but that our government now considers grounds for indefinite imprisonment as a "terrorist."