• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Leavenworth

BAMF

Has anyone had any issues OCing in Leavenworth,KS? I have looked at the city laws and there not very clear.

Last edited:

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
Has anyone had any issues OCing in Leavenworth? I have looked at the city laws and there not very clear.

I OC'd in Leavenworth this year for several hours going in and out of shops in the area, and am happy to report zero issues. Who cares what the city laws are? That's what preemption is for :D If you are afraid of being harassed by the local law enforcement, bring cameras and people.

RCW 9.41.290 (State Preemption): http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.290

BAMF

I OC'd in Leavenworth this year for several hours going in and out of shops in the area, and am happy to report zero issues. Who cares what the city laws are? That's what preemption is for :D If you are afraid of being harassed by the local law enforcement, bring cameras and people.

RCW 9.41.290 (State Preemption): http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.290

Leavenworth,KS sorry for the confusion

BAMF

I did see that post on the forum. I am just curious because that section say's nothing about firearms CC or OC.

marine0300

With open carry if the city ordinance doesn't say anything then it reverts to KS state law and is legal. This is the way we want it to be!!

Concealed carry is preempted by state statutes so cities can't pass anything move restrictive than state law and can only post no gun signs to restrict