• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just Curious, email?

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Even good old fashioned Simple Mail Transport Protocol listserv e-mail list servers and Network News Transport Protocol/Usenet servers have been largely absorbed by G00gle and YouHoo. I just looked to see that only my Anaerobic Digestion e-mail list and RadSafe Radiation Health Safety e-mail list are still hosted by dedicated academic servers. I watch one NNTP Newsgroup on comp.graphics.GIMP from nntp.aioe.org.

IOW, unlikely. And spam and flame wars are rampant - killed 'em.

I think Gleason refers to a e-mail gateway to forums.opencarry.org

Last edited:

J.Gleason

Banned
Ahhh..... OK. I guess my question would be why? Not trying to start a fight, just curious.

No reason to fight

Well because you could use the email on a regular basis when emailing friends, legislators or whom ever. By doing that it would get the forum name out there more and direct more people to the OCDO forum and ultimately WCI. Just a thought.

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

No reason to fight

Well because you could use the email on a regular basis when emailing friends, legislators or whom ever. By doing that it would get the forum name out there more and direct more people to the OCDO forum and ultimately WCI. Just a thought.

Won't happen. Not that it shouldn't. Liability Issues.