• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Times of London journalist in NYC seeking young moms in VA for article

Joanna

Hello and respectful greetings to Open Carry forum readers in Virginia, I'm a British reporter based in New York and I'm writing a feature for The Times of London on the increasing number of women carrying firearms to protect themselves and their families. I'm examining the issues and talking to firearms experts and different women all over the US, but this particular post is a request for any moms in their twenties or thirties with a baby/young child/children who carry a gun for protection and live in northern Virginia and would like to discuss being interviewed for the article. I'm planning to drive to the area from New York City towards the end of this week and, at your convenience, would like to visit to talk in person. Please feel free to post here to respond or you'll reach me more quickly if you email joanna_walters@hotmail.com or call 917 676 0158.
Thanks.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I'm too lazy to go do the search, but we had this sort of event in the not-too-recent past which resulted in a fairly decent magazine article - not too biased.

As I recall, there were requests for the reporter to vett herself via some basic employer verification info and a curriculum vitae allowing us to read previous published works in order to scout out potential biases before falling all over ourselves with stories and opening of doors to unknown reporters.

I'm going to be so bold as to ask you to do the same.

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Sorry, Ed. I was referring to Andreina Cordani and Eli Meir Kaplan who did the piece for Marie Claire magazine. The write-up about it is here: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ls-With-Guns-Well-Done-Article-In-UK-Magazine but I can't locate the thread where she first came on and asked for folks to volunteer to be subjects of the article - that's where we had the discussion I was referring to.

Additionally, I am of the opinion that a writer ought to submit their bona fides rather than have us go looking them up. Maybe that's just me.

stay safe.

TFred

...was not 100% accurate about my friend OpenCarrie.. They twisted some words and changed context of some comments.. maybe not even on purpose but was a little weird.

Ed
These are professional writers here... It's likely a bigger insult to give them the benefit of the doubt that it might not have been "on purpose"...

TFred

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Sorry, Ed. I was referring to Andreina Cordani and Eli Meir Kaplan who did the piece for Marie Claire magazine. The write-up about it is here: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ls-With-Guns-Well-Done-Article-In-UK-Magazine but I can't locate the thread where she first came on and asked for folks to volunteer to be subjects of the article - that's where we had the discussion I was referring to.

Additionally, I am of the opinion that a writer ought to submit their bona fides rather than have us go looking them up. Maybe that's just me.

stay safe.

While I'm always suspicious of a London Reporter doing a piece on firearms, everything I've read that she's done has been quite good and by the book.

It's all been just the facts and no personal bias.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
I think she is interviewing OpenCarrie

Photos in Feb 2011 WASHINGTONIAN
180366_158469727536452_100001202771197_342321_2760322_n.jpg

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Sorry, no idea what you mean - how can anyone put pictures on somebody else's FB page?
It was not really an "article" more like a photo essay from the stack of pics they took last year. How do I put a pic on your WALL? I "tag" you in it. I tagged you because they referenced THIS forum. You can go to your Facebook wall and "untag" to remove it.

Ed