• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

French TV interviews for the ladies 11/21 Sunday

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Two of the ladies ended up spending a couple of more hours with Sabrina and Cyril in a domestic setting - in a private home, location held in confidence. Gave them time for personal conversations and cleared firearms handling/methods of carry demonstrations.

The day ended on a super high note, with one of the ladies taking Sabrina and Cyril to the range. Both received thorough safety instruction first and then shot several handguns. It was Sabrina's first time ever touching a gun, Cyril had some limited prior experience - both did well and seemed to enjoy the experience.

The lady involved is both an NRA certified instructor and range safety officer. I never had a clue - still waters run deep. :D Maybe I should shut up and listen more.

Again to all the ladies, "Thank You" so much for making my contribution so easy. You all carried the ball and scored a game winning touchdown.

You just can't buy advertising as good as this.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Now that the interview is over, it's time to give credit where credit is due.

I got a call about this from Grapeshot over the location.

From that point on, GS handled it with his usual efficiency.

While all the ladies deserve a big hand, Grapeshot is the one to really thank. He made it happen and made it easy for everyone involved.

This is normal for him and he never takes any credit, he just makes it work...quietly.

Thanks Grape!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Stop it Peter or I'll introduce Zeus to your motorcycle. That would make a chew toy more keeping with his size. :lol:

All facilitating requires is asking enough questions, often enough until you get the answers you want. In other words being a pleasant, but persistent pest. Of that I am guilty.

No not me - the recognition belongs to the ladies in this case. Routinely, the members of VCDL step forward, into the breach; they rise to the occasion, meet the challenge and with aplomb and grace on Sunday. Those of you here that are not active members should give serious consideration to correcting that - the sum total (our collective voices) is more effective than the mass of us all individually........Join VCDL

I did what I do best Sunday - I was a bump on a log.

ClumsyCandy

It really did go well. At first I was concerned that her questions were going to be twisted, especially when she asked me if I could take out my gun and show her. I was like uhhhh..no....after that the conversation turned around and we were a lot more comfortable.

I want to thank two of the ladies in particular for sharing their stories. You ladies are an inspiration to us all, and very effectively proved my point about the statistics. You are the strong ones.

I want to thank the male companions who tagged along and waited quietly in the wings. You deserve recognition here too. It was definitely a group effort and without Grapeshot's work behind the scenes to gather the ladies it would not have happened. And without the ladies willingness to be filmed it wouldn't have happened. Kudos to us all.

Thanks Peter for recording it as well.

It couldn't have gone better when we went outside to do the outside shots and had a total stranger (male) come over and say he was very excited and proud to see a group of ladies armed. They got it on camera. It was awesome and just another boost to what we were all telling them inside. It's not to intimidate or cause fear.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
It couldn't have gone better when we went outside to do the outside shots and had a total stranger (male) come over and say he was very excited and proud to see a group of ladies armed. They got it on camera. It was awesome and just another boost to what we were all telling them inside. It's not to intimidate or cause fear.

That was awesome! We had already told them that most of the encounters we have with others are positive, and that biker really reinforced the message. We couldn't have planned that any better.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
That was awesome! We had already told them that most of the encounters we have with others are positive, and that biker really reinforced the message. We couldn't have planned that any better.

He's a CHP...person:mad:. Rides a Harley but needed a lecture. I guess that's why he went over to you all.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I videoed about 85% of the interview in case the finished product did not represent what really happened.

I hadn't planned to do anything with any of it since it's rude to muscle in on another Doc. She wasn't real happy with me being there anyway.

But since the Northerners posted a few pictures, I made up a teaser, cut the resolution and muted the audio.
That should keep the French happy.:lol:

[video=vimeo;17268214]http://vimeo.com/17268214[/video]

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I videoed about 85% of the interview in case the finished product did not represent what really happened.

I hadn't planned to do anything with any of it since it's rude to muscle in on another Doc. She wasn't real happy with me being there anyway.

But since the Northerners posted a few pictures, I made up a teaser, cut the resolution and muted the audio.
That should keep the French happy.:lol:

Nice clip Peter - presume the rest is in the vault. :D

See you all Thursday at the VCDL membership meeting.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12/02/10 - UNO's Restaurant 13933 Hull Street Road Midlothian VA [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

7:30 - 8:00 pm -- Informal Gathering[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]
8:00 - 9:30 pm -- Meeting

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]9:30 - ?:?? pm -- Informal dinner following
[/FONT]

Last edited:

67GT390FB

See you all THURSDAY at the VCDL membership meeting.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12/02/10 - UNO's Restaurant 13933 Hull Street Road Midlothian VA [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

7:30 - 8:00 pm -- Informal Gathering[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]9:30 - ?:?? pm -- Informal dinner following
[/FONT]

12-2-10 is THURSDAY you'll have to wait two more days until you can purchase an overpriced hotpocket they dare to call a calzone

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
12-2-10 is THURSDAY you'll have to wait two more days until you can purchase an overpriced hotpocket they dare to call a calzone

The good news is...service will be slow you'll be hungry enough to eat it.
The bad news is...It'll be so crowded you will have to hold your plate.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

See you all Thursday at the VCDL membership meeting.

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Fixed it - preshimate it.

Long week-ends always do mess with my mental calendar. :cry: