• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Backlash Over New Body Scanners. “One thing .. respect everyone’s right to bear arms"

eye95

When I have to get a physical every now and then and a doc has to fondle my junk or groin I make sure its a woman doctor. I'll certainly not let some male TSA looser grope me.

Seriously. When did they start saying during airport screenings, "Turn your head and cough."?

Daylen

Seriously. When did they start saying during airport screenings, "Turn your head and cough."?

the enhanced pat down sounds like a grope to me. The mention of a doc is to highlight that I don't let any dudes, even doctors, touch my junk; the idea that TSA is forcing such an intrusive search on people is to me that much more offensive and illegal.

eye95

the enhanced pat down sounds like a grope to me. The mention of a doc is to highlight that I don't let any dudes, even doctors, touch my junk; the idea that TSA is forcing such an intrusive search on people is to me that much more offensive and illegal.

Yes. I got that. I made the same point in the other thread.

Just thought I'd try out that joke before Leno stumbled on it.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Yep. Next up... short arm inspection.

Yesterday I was watching an interview with a judge who said, in no uncertain terms, that what TSA is doing is illegal. He says that the feeling or groping of someone's body, and in particular, without their consent, or under duress or coercion (such as submitting to it in order to obtain something else), is sexual harassment. He added that the neither government nor any of its agencies are exempt from these laws.

This could get interesting.

Last edited:

MamaLiberty

I'll be first in line when some airline offers a complimentary box of frangible ammo for my sidearm with the ticket. Until then, I'm not flying anywhere.

But if this TSA thing isn't eliminated, and soon, what makes anyone think those machines and sexual assault won't come to train and bus stations, or roadside checkpoints next...

They push to find just what people will tolerate. If the sexual assault is eliminated, will we be content to go back to the old style invasion of privacy and dignity? Will taking off our shoes and going through a metal detector after stripping off our belts, etc. seem good and kind after that?

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
I'll be first in line when some airline offers a complimentary box of frangible ammo for my sidearm with the ticket. Until then, I'm not flying anywhere.

But if this TSA thing isn't eliminated, and soon, what makes anyone think those machines and sexual assault won't come to train and bus stations, or roadside checkpoints next...

They push to find just what people will tolerate. If the sexual assault is eliminated, will we be content to go back to the old style invasion of privacy and dignity? Will taking off our shoes and going through a metal detector after stripping off our belts, etc. seem good and kind after that?

You're right. The camel's nose under the tent once again rears its ugly face.

In the event we are hit again with large scale and effective attacks that are more personal than what happened on 9/11 (that's the way I would do it if I were of a mind to disrupt a society), watch some serious invasions of our liberty take place. One of those is cameras posted around strategic locations. Now let's say you're doing a little window shopping and you are carrying openly. You turn and bend over to examine something in a shop window and your firearm is suddenly visible to a camera. A monitor sees this and calls out in his headset, "MWAG" and before you know it, you're slammed to the sidewalk, handcuffed, and dragged off to a holding area. People monitoring these cameras are going to respond in more extreme ways because they see may not project the entire picture. Suppose our friend in this example had just exited the shop and was taking one last look at an item he was considering. The monitor may not know this. All he sees is a gun and what he perceives as a threat.

Liberties are rarely taken from a people in short order. More often, they are surrendered a little piece at a time, the frog in the pot, until we wake up and suddenly realize we can no longer do something that was part of our normal life before.

Former president Clinton, while in office, said that, ".., minor departures from America's traditional civil liberties" were going to be needed. When an elected servant, a sitting president no less, utters words to this affect, you have to ask yourself what the hell is happening to our nation.

"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect Republic. But will they keep it, or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the surest way to destruction."

- Thomas Jefferson

Last edited:

eye95

The problem is that most people confuse the camel's nose with the camel's ass. They think the camel is fully within the tent, and too many don't really mind. This is not the end of the denial of our rights. It is the beginning.

Unless we smack the camel on its nose. This Wednesday is a scheduled smacking. I just wish there were a was for those of us not traveling on that day to put a rolled up newspaper to use. Maybe just going to the airport and adding to the confusion...

MamaLiberty

eye95, that will only really start happening when most people decide to take personal responsibility for their lives.

Until then, this mess is an isolated response to something perceived as an excess. And as soon as the "excess" goes away, the chains will rest lightly on them again because they think someone else, government or otherwise, is obligated to "keep them safe" or that they have some "right" to feel safe, comfortable and provided for, no matter what it costs other people.

oldbanger

I was pleased to see that my local airport (MCI, Kansas City) has kicked the TSA out in favor of one of the third party firms. Of course, that doesn't help in getting back home, but I can at least leave the city without being molested.

The TSA points out that even if an airport decides to use a private firm for security, the screeners still must follow TSA guidelines. That would include using enhanced pat-downs and the full-body scanners if they are installed at the airport.

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/11/18/revolt-orlando-airport-to-drop-tsa-as-security-screeners/

eye95

The TSA points out that even if an airport decides to use a private firm for security, the screeners still must follow TSA guidelines. That would include using enhanced pat-downs and the full-body scanners if they are installed at the airport.

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/11/18/revolt-orlando-airport-to-drop-tsa-as-security-screeners/

Yeah, I thought that congressman's position was kinda silly and pointless. We need new legislation allowing airlines and airports to entirely opt out of the TSA structure, choosing their own screening methods. People would then be able to choose the airlines and airports they use. Free market forces would produce the most acceptable and effective methods of screening. That's Liberty. What the TSA is currently doing is tyranny.

END_THE_FED

One thing that really gets me is how they attempt to justify this by saying air travel is "voluntary".
So whats next? DOT naked body scanners at random checkpoints for the "privilege" of using our interstate highway system?

"When you bought you ticket you gave up your rights" Uh, really? How's that?
I, a private individual, made a transaction with a private company. The Company didn't inform me that as a condition of using the product/service I purchased, I Would have to submit to a strip search, or genital groping.
I seriously doubt you would find it in the "contract of carriage".

So to whom or what did I waive my rights? Certainty not to the federal government that had absolutely nothing to do with said transaction between private parties.

Last edited:

oldbanger

October 6, 2009
Al-Qaeda-linked suicide bombers are now using ’suppository bombs’ to evade stringent security checks at airports and elsewhere, according to a report in French daily Le Figaro...

The target of the attack, prince Mohammed bin Nayef, son of the Saudi interior minister, suffered only minor injuries when his attacker, wanted Islamist Abul Khair detonated the bomb using a mobile phone...

“Khair either swallowed the explosives or inserted them as a suppository...:eek:

Only X-ray’s would have been able to detect the ’suppository bomb’ device...

http://noapologies.ca/?p=4553

Sonora Rebel

"He who defends against all, defends nothing" Sun Tzu

I s'pose an explosive suppository would tear you a new ass... 'Just sayin'.

Dreamer

There are NO laws that require airlines to have TSA personnel screening passengers--they just moved in, set up shop, and began molesting people under color of law.

Also, TSA "agents" are NOT sworn LEOs. They are, effectively, a cross between the private security force of DHS and the "in the field" regulatory arm of an agency that is NOT under DOJ.

What this really boils down to is that the airlines have been bullied into letting a cadre of non-sworn, unconstitutional, sociopathic thugs invade their PRIVATE PROPERTY and regulate their businesses and harass their paying customers.

The TSA is no different that a Mafia protection racket. They threaten legitimate business owners with fines, imprisonment or worse, and then move in and begin harassing and shaking down the locals (customers)...

It needs to end. And the ONLY thing that needs to happen to end it is for the airlines to tell them to leave their private property, and hire legitimate, well-trained, and respectful PRIVATE security companies to do their screening.

Don't fly. But if you do, OPT OUT of the naked body scanners, and then INSIST that they conduct their "grope-down" in full view of the assembled masses.

Men who fly wearing kilts (Regimentally, of course!) is also a GREAT idea, and if I fly in the near future, I plan to don my favorite SportsKilt specially for the trip...

I'm currently working on a design for t-shirts and card-stock luggage inserts printed with special inks that are invisible to the naked eye, but show up on x-rays. As soon as I get the designs finalized and get the special ink in-hand, I'll post pics of the designs, and let you folks know how you can get them.

Let's just say that the "secret messages" I'm working in to the designs are NOT polite, complimentary, or civil, and hopefully will make these illegitimate thugs stop a minute and think about exactly what it is they are doing and exactly what they are turning this Nation into...

Daylen

You might want to do it for terahertz or millimeter wave as well. I hear those scanners are very prevalent. I'm curious what ink you will use for the x-rays though, its hard to get x-rays to interact with anything.

Dreamer

Special magnetic ink used for printing MICR numbers on checks and other financial instruments. It contains a high percentage (over 60%) of Iron Oxide as it's primary pigment.

It should interact VERY well with any sort of microwaves, x-rays, or other such technologies. Any imaging system that identifies iron or steel should highlight this stuff pretty well. if it's laid on as a thick layer using silkscreen or relief printing.

I'm going to contact the radiology department at our university and see if they can help me testing out some prototypes, so I can determine how much ink to use, and how to print it so it images optimally.

Being a grad student has it's advantages... ;)

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Yeah, I thought that congressman's position was kinda silly and pointless. We need new legislation allowing airlines and airports to entirely opt out of the TSA structure, choosing their own screening methods. People would then be able to choose the airlines and airports they use. Free market forces would produce the most acceptable and effective methods of screening. That's Liberty. What the TSA is currently doing is tyranny.

+1

October 6, 2009
Al-Qaeda-linked suicide bombers are now using ’suppository bombs’ to evade stringent security checks at airports and elsewhere, according to a report in French daily Le Figaro...

The target of the attack, prince Mohammed bin Nayef, son of the Saudi interior minister, suffered only minor injuries...

Even if it's the size of a hand grenade, it's liklihood of being lethal is minimal. Except to the terrorist, of course.

I think they should practice before each mission.