• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Golden Corral - Mon Nov 15 6:15 pm - Impromptu OC Event!

since9

Campaign Veteran
I know this one's coming in just under the wire, but in less than an hour I'll be leaving for the Golden Corral on the North side of Woodman, just West of Powers, in Colorado Springs in celebration of their Military Appreciation Monday Free "Thank You" Dinner:

"The free meal is a special "thank you tribute" to any person who has ever served in the United States Military. If you are a veteran, retired, currently serving, in the National Guard or Reserves, you are invited to join us for Golden Corral's Military Appreciation Monday dinner."

The military issue is just for the free buffet. You don't have to be or have been in the military to eat there this evening.

I'll be arriving at 6:15 pm, and will (hopefully) be sitting towards the right of the cash register line when you walk in. I'll be wearing a tan floppy hat with the sides buttoned up, and am wearing a black sweater.

We'll probably have to make do with smaller groups, but it would be nice to see one or two of our regulars there this evening!

- since9

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Follow-up

The meal was wonderful, the place was packed, and the company was friendly. I wound up sitting next to three other retirees, and we mainly discussed religion. On the way out, one of them asked me why was I carrying a firearm, to which I replied, "personal protection." Another asked me the same question outside, so I answered with something more definative, along the same lines as the letter I just sent to Golden Corral for honoring those of us who served our country:

As a retired USAF veteran, who protected and defended our Constitution for more than twenty years, I would like to thank you both for the wonderful dinner, as well as your support of and respect for our Constitutional freedoms, in particular the right to keep and bear arms in defense of self, friends, and family.

THANK YOU!

All three of them grinned, and one of them said, "I like that." :)

Last edited:

Gunslinger

Not surprised it was packed. A lot of us in the Springs. And hats off once again to Golden Corral for what they do every year. Plus, they have great fried chicken!

kel

I was wondering why there were lines out the door of Golden Corral.

I need to check the forums more often.

Last edited: