Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Texas NBC 56 News - Open carry laws...coming to Texas?

  1. #1
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711

    Texas NBC 56 News - Open carry laws...coming to Texas?

    http://www.ketknbc.com/regional/open...oming-to-texas w/ video report

    SNIP

    . . .

    Now, in Texas, there a couple of ways you can carry a pistol. You can now carry it in your car. Or, if you have a license, you can carry it concealed on your person. But what if you could carry it out in the open?

    John Pierce founded OpenCarry.org, and from him we found out an interesting and little known factů

    There are 43 of the 50 states where open carry is permissible in one form or another.

    . . .

    Pierce says that Governor Rick Perry has promised to sign an open carry bill if it lands on his desk.

    He says though that although some legislators are friendly to the idea, no one has stepped forward to propose the bill.

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    1,877
    deleted -- should not respond to Sticky posts...sorry.

    Please delete this...
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 11-16-2010 at 12:25 AM.

  3. #3
    Regular Member rodbender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Navasota, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudcroft View Post
    deleted -- should not respond to Sticky posts...sorry.

    Please delete this...
    Why not? If the admins don't want you to reply, they can disable the feature.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    1,877
    Well, that's what I thought they could do, so I don't get the "Sticky" title as most posts so named are locked.

    Anyway, I was going to say we ALREADY HAVE OC here in Texas, so we don't need anything more. Just ask the guys saying so over in the other thread:

    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...io-to-Virginia

  5. #5
    Regular Member rodbender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Navasota, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,524
    Technically, yeah, if you are "traveling" 46.02 doesn't apply. Run across the wrong cop and you will go to the slammer anyway.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

  6. #6
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bedford, Texas, USA
    Posts
    834
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    Technically, yeah, if you are "traveling" 46.02 doesn't apply. Run across the wrong cop and you will go to the slammer anyway.
    payday. i'm going to be traveling for thanksgiving. unlawfully arrest me for carrying, it will make missing my family worth the while.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Navy Desert Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    D/FW Texas
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    Technically, yeah, if you are "traveling" 46.02 doesn't apply. Run across the wrong cop and you will go to the slammer anyway.
    It doesn't even have to be the "wrong" cop. The law is so open for interpretation that it would be difficult for ANY cop (I know because I was one in Texas) on the street to make the correct call 100% of the time to 100% of the people. The wording needs to be more clear because you really need to bounce between 46.02, 46.03 and 46.15 to truly gather the INTENT of the law...which is what law is based on.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Desert Doc View Post
    It doesn't even have to be the "wrong" cop. The law is so open for interpretation that it would be difficult for ANY cop (I know because I was one in Texas) on the street to make the correct call 100% of the time to 100% of the people. The wording needs to be more clear because you really need to bounce between 46.02, 46.03 and 46.15 to truly gather the INTENT of the law...which is what law is based on.
    Glad to have you here. I've got a couple of "Desert Docs" in the big sandbox, namely my son and his wife, both Army combat medics serving with an armored cavalry unit.

    I appreciate your view, but I disagree about the complexity. It's really pretty simple, except for certain prohibited locations.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Navy Desert Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    D/FW Texas
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    Glad to have you here. I've got a couple of "Desert Docs" in the big sandbox, namely my son and his wife, both Army combat medics serving with an armored cavalry unit.

    I appreciate your view, but I disagree about the complexity. It's really pretty simple, except for certain prohibited locations.
    Glad to be here and thanks for the warm welcome. My best to your Son and Daughter-in-Law. Hopefully they'll be home soon.

    We absolutely want the law to be simple, as it should be. However, America has the best lawyers around and if there is wiggle room anywhere they'll exploit it and it's then you hope your lawyer is craftier than the State Prosecutor!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •