Thread: Texas NBC 56 News - Open carry laws...coming to Texas?

Moderator / Administrator

Texas NBC 56 News - Open carry laws...coming to Texas?

http://www.ketknbc.com/regional/open...oming-to-texas w/ video report

SNIP

. . .

Now, in Texas, there a couple of ways you can carry a pistol. You can now carry it in your car. Or, if you have a license, you can carry it concealed on your person. But what if you could carry it out in the open?

John Pierce founded OpenCarry.org, and from him we found out an interesting and little known factů

There are 43 of the 50 states where open carry is permissible in one form or another.

. . .

Pierce says that Governor Rick Perry has promised to sign an open carry bill if it lands on his desk.

He says though that although some legislators are friendly to the idea, no one has stepped forward to propose the bill.

Campaign Veteran
    deleted -- should not respond to Sticky posts...sorry.

Please delete this...
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 11-16-2010 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudcroft View Post
    deleted -- should not respond to Sticky posts...sorry.

Please delete this...
    Why not? If the admins don't want you to reply, they can disable the feature.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Campaign Veteran
    Well, that's what I thought they could do, so I don't get the "Sticky" title as most posts so named are locked.

Anyway, I was going to say we ALREADY HAVE OC here in Texas, so we don't need anything more. Just ask the guys saying so over in the other thread:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...io-to-Virginia

Technically, yeah, if you are "traveling" 46.02 doesn't apply. Run across the wrong cop and you will go to the slammer anyway.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    Technically, yeah, if you are "traveling" 46.02 doesn't apply. Run across the wrong cop and you will go to the slammer anyway.
    payday. i'm going to be traveling for thanksgiving. unlawfully arrest me for carrying, it will make missing my family worth the while.

Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    It doesn't even have to be the "wrong" cop. The law is so open for interpretation that it would be difficult for ANY cop (I know because I was one in Texas) on the street to make the correct call 100% of the time to 100% of the people. The wording needs to be more clear because you really need to bounce between 46.02, 46.03 and 46.15 to truly gather the INTENT of the law...which is what law is based on.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Desert Doc View Post
    It doesn't even have to be the "wrong" cop. The law is so open for interpretation that it would be difficult for ANY cop (I know because I was one in Texas) on the street to make the correct call 100% of the time to 100% of the people. The wording needs to be more clear because you really need to bounce between 46.02, 46.03 and 46.15 to truly gather the INTENT of the law...which is what law is based on.
    Glad to have you here. I've got a couple of "Desert Docs" in the big sandbox, namely my son and his wife, both Army combat medics serving with an armored cavalry unit.

I appreciate your view, but I disagree about the complexity. It's really pretty simple, except for certain prohibited locations.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    Glad to have you here. I've got a couple of "Desert Docs" in the big sandbox, namely my son and his wife, both Army combat medics serving with an armored cavalry unit.

I appreciate your view, but I disagree about the complexity. It's really pretty simple, except for certain prohibited locations.
    Glad to be here and thanks for the warm welcome. My best to your Son and Daughter-in-Law. Hopefully they'll be home soon.

We absolutely want the law to be simple, as it should be. However, America has the best lawyers around and if there is wiggle room anywhere they'll exploit it and it's then you hope your lawyer is craftier than the State Prosecutor!