Thread: ? From an Out of Towner

Guntechie

? From an Out of Towner

I have a CT Permit and spend a lot of time in VT. In CT even though OC is permitted, CCW is my choice, as it is in VT. I do not have a NH permit, but according to NHSP, not only is OC legal, but for me I have no choice. If I carry it must be openly. (And I know... not in my car ... big pain to take it off and put it on, etc.)
    The State Police were very friendly about it on the phone too.

Are you guys still getting hassled for OC? What can I expect in NH?

I've never got hassled for OC. Do it daily.

And, you do have a choice. There are always choices. You can get a NH non-resident license.

Guntechie
    Quote Originally Posted by nhsig220 View Post
    I've never got hassled for OC. Do it daily.

And, you do have a choice. There are always choices. You can get a NH non-resident license.
    I don't spend enough time there, and I can carry on my CT permit or PA permit in enough states to suit me, but you're right I could have said that better.

Unless and until I get a NH permit, I have to open carry or not carry at all.

I can see winter time carry being a big hassle, though. My usual carry gun is a 3" Ruger sp101 IWB. I am assuming that counts as concealed, so I'd have to carry my very large and very heavy sig 226 in NH

And carry it in a leg holster. If it's under your coat, it is concealed, hanging on the belt or not.
    Last edited by nhsig220; 11-17-2010 at 07:49 AM.