• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sorry about being gone for the last month..

flb_78

My wife and I purchased a house and there is no internet access at the house, no cable, no wireless, no DSL so I have been offline for the last month or so. Today I brought the laptop into Danville and Im sitting at a McD's using their WiFi.

Anywho, since moving to Kentucky, I've been open carrying almost everyday. So far I have had only 1 negative experience and that was at the Kroger's in Danville. After I had finished shopping, the manager asked to speak with me and said that he had received a complaint about me OCing and he asked me to leave it in the car from now on. He said he wasn't aware of their "corporate policy" but he supported my rights, just not in his store.

I may go back and speak with him to see if he ever found out the "corporate policy".

Armed and Harmless

[ He said he wasn't aware of their "corporate policy" but he supported my rights, just not in his store.

QUOTE]

WWWHHHHAAAAATTTTT???? He supports your rights, just not in his store? I would've told him that you'll feel better as you're shopping at the local independent grocery market across town knowing that he supports your rights while you're shopping there....just not his store. He clearly does not support your rights at all....just your business.

Tribunal Power

That guy seriously needs to evaluate the freedom he exercises to pursue capitalism. My rights don't change just because I stepped into 'his' store. I would have (politely) rubbed his nose in the fact that I don't lay my rights down for jumpy customers, and that I've heard the Danville Walmart is more OC-friendly (I recently OCed there myself, had zero issues whatsoever). Walmart's always happy to have more money, even if it comes from a low-down no-good right-wing nutjob extremist OCer like me, and even if that money wasn't good enough for Kroger.

If my competitor was the all-powerful Walmart, I wouldn't be turning people away for any reason whatsoever. That's business they can't afford to lose.

Last edited:

langzaiguy

And I'm sure Kroger Corporate would like to know of a manager that was turning business away in this economy.