Thread: Budget cuts, stand your ground and the ‘Wild’ West

Budget cuts, stand your ground and the ‘Wild’ West

"...This may be remembered as the year when government started crashing down. Make sure you don’t crash with it...."

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...-the-wild-west

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/3adswpe

Spot on Dave!

A+ and a damn good read!

I think that a person should be able to use lethal force protecting personal property on their residence. I also think that people should have more personal responsibility. I do not see these cutbacks as a bad thing.

Someone steps on your property to rob, injure or kill you, there should be only one response, shoot first, ask questions later.

Since the law doesn't allow for that, I am not encouraging nor condoning that type of behavior, just wishful thinking.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

I think that a person should be able to use lethal force protecting personal property on their residence.
    We do... sort of... it's the wording and intent you need to clarify. You are not protecting your "home/property" You are protecting yourself and your loved ones from harm. If an intruder breaks into your home - you have no requirement to "leave." Other states do have some provision where you need to make an attempt to leave. In Washington you do not. You can "stand your ground."

If you come across the intruder and they threaten you - you have every right in Washington to use "force" necessary to protect yourself.

This doesn't mean you chase the intruder 3 miles down the road and then start shooting. Keep it simple.

Also as Dave points out - get his book. Washington State Gun Rights and Responsibilities. A good read.
    http://www.danddgunleather.com/pages...gun_rights.htm
    Last edited by oldkim; 11-16-2010 at 09:16 PM.

I have sated it more than once, and I'll say it again.
    “I am personally responsible for the safety and security of myself, my loved ones and my property!”
    I will fight back!

Semper Fi
    I am a Sheep Dog, ... Wolves Beware !

Quote Originally Posted by oldkim View Post
    If you come across the intruder and they threaten you - you have every right in Washington to use "force" necessary to protect yourself.
    Also as Dave points out - get his book. Washington State Gun Rights and Responsibilities. A good read.
    Read(e) it, a couple of times...nice little book to have around...good job Dave BTW, with the booklet.

I understand that...when the police show up, you better not say you were shooting the perp for taking your favorite Barbara Streisand LP...that is not justified...even though it should be IMO!
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post

I understand that...when the police show up, you better not say you were shooting the perp for taking your favorite Barbara Streisand LP...that is not justified...even though it should be IMO!
    When the police show up it's best that you say nothing other than "I will be happy to give a statement after I have spoken with an Attorney.

As for the Barbara Streisand LP's, I'd pay him to take away any that found their way to my house.
    Last edited by amlevin; 11-17-2010 at 10:53 AM.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    as for the barbara streisand lp's, i'd pay him to take away any that found their way to my house.
    lmao!

Lightbulb Wishful thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by oldkim View Post
    Sure wish Dave would publish this as an e-book so I could put it on my Nook.

Quote Originally Posted by heresolong View Post
    Sure wish Dave would publish this as an e-book so I could put it on my Nook.
    Just curious but would they call the smaller version of this e-reader a "******"?
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

blast from the past April 2009
    http://www.seattlepi.com/local/405240_guns17ww.html

Through April 14, law enforcement agencies sent the department 27,252 approved concealed-pistol applications. That's 1,945 higher than the full four-month period last year, and an increase of 3,706 from those four months in 2007.

"It's not paranoia, but it's certainly being portrayed that way," said Dave Workman, author of "Washington State Gun Rights and Responsibilities" and senior editor of Gun Week. "I call it being prepared.

"People are looking at the budget crisis facing police and sheriff's departments and they are concerned about being able to defend themselves. Certainly part of this can be can be linked to the concerns that gun owners have about what the Obama administration has in store at some point."

In the same month....
    State Sen. Tim Sheldon, a Democrat, asserted that Mason County residents could withstand police budget cuts, saying there is "no bag limit" and that home invaders may get a "hot lead enema."

Quote Originally Posted by M1Gunr View Post
    I like this picture better:

Shows that NOTHING gets in the way of business, not even the lack of BDU pants.

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    I like this picture better:

Shows that NOTHING gets in the way of business, not even the lack of BDU pants.
    You know what Star Trek things about people in red shirts ...

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    You know what Star Trek things about people in red shirts ...
    Poor guy, he doesn't even know that the alien around the corner will be aiming for the red shirt. =[
    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Psalms 23:4

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

“It’s always open season on criminals in Mason County, and there’s no bag limit.” Sen. Tim Sheldon (D)

Molōn labe!

Quote Originally Posted by M1Gunr View Post
    blast from the past April 2009
    http://www.seattlepi.com/local/405240_guns17ww.html

...snip...

In the same month....
    State Sen. Tim Sheldon, a Democrat, asserted that Mason County residents could withstand police budget cuts, saying there is "no bag limit" and that home invaders may get a "hot lead enema."
    Oh that's absolutely grand. Does hot lead work against zombies?!?

Things are looking gloomy with cuts and the lack of LEOs around as well as how the LEOs are treated by peop .... criminals on the street last year. Be prepared people. Don't tell me I'm paranoid. GoGoDawgs said it best ...

I'm not paranoid, I have the gun (I'd quote, but can't find it now)

Thanks Dave.

Thanks Dave.

I always like the Wild West analogy as it can be turned around on those who try to use it against us gun owners. I like to cite that crime rate from Dodge City and compare it to modern day Tacoma.

There was a local comedy show called Almost Live. Great show. In one of their skits they gave city slogans for various local cities. The one for Fife was "Last chance to reload before Tacoma".