Thread: Constitutional Carry States

Constitutional Carry States

Constitutional Carry

From http://www.opencarry.org/constcarry.html
    Last edited by cowboyridn; 11-16-2010 at 11:08 PM.

Got a LONG way to go....

I hope we become one of the green states soon!

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carcharodon View Post
    I hope we become one of the green states soon!
    +1!!

Utah is probably next

Utah is probably next. I was talking with a Utah Highway Patrol Lt who works in the Concealed Firearm Division of Utah BCI. He told me that several Utah legislators have been discussing the wording of a Bill they will introduce in January that would, if passed and signed by the Governor, make Utah the 3rd Constitutional Carry (open or concealed) State.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    Utah is probably next. I was talking with a Utah Highway Patrol Lt who works in the Concealed Firearm Division of Utah BCI. He told me that several Utah legislators have been discussing the wording of a Bill they will introduce in January that would, if passed and signed by the Governor, make Utah the 3rd Constitutional Carry (open or concealed) State.
    Would it not be 4th? AK, AZ and VT are today.

Erratum

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Would it not be 4th? AK, AZ and VT are today.
    My Bad Paul. You are correct. VI, AK, and AZ are the three current CC States. If UT goes CC, it will be the 4th. Here is hoping that the more States that go CC the harder it will be for WI to resist.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Let's hope Wisconsin will be the fourth, Utah after that.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

We are half way there...its in the state constitution that we can USE arms for defense....not sure if the other states have this yet or not. All it would take is for the state to recognize that the method of carry is acceptable...I also cant see a permitting system being implemented since no other 'rights' require a permit to exercise them...correct me if im wrong :-)

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    Wisconsin could be the 5th or 6th state to have constitutional carry, But as said elsewhere the old dogs have been fighting so long for the bone that they that they are unwilling to fight for the steak right there in front of them!

Wisconsin could be a leader in so many areas , What better way to show the rest of the country we're no longer followers, By going straight to constitutional carry without first going to a permit system.
    Wisconsin needs to take a leadership role if we are to prosper in other areas of growth.

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by springfield 1911 View Post
    Wisconsin could be the 5th or 6th state to have constitutional carry, But as said elsewhere the old dogs have been fighting so long for the bone that they that they are unwilling to fight for the steak right there in front of them!

Wisconsin could be a leader in so many areas , What better way to show the rest of the country we're no longer followers, By going straight to constitutional carry without first going to a permit system.
    Wisconsin needs to take a leadership role if we are to prosper in other areas of growth.
    Boooya! now springfield, get off the computer, get out in the woods, and kill something.

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    Boooya! now springfield, get off the computer, get out in the woods, and kill something.
    That would be violating my friend, Will wait till Sat. am, All be safe.

That would be violating my friend, Will wait till Sat. am, All be safe.
    Good Luck !!!

Should be an interesting hunt.
    Northern deer numbers down from "wolves".
    Southern numbers down from "CWD"

Cant wait for the "Dumb Naked Rednecks" (DNR) to wake up remove their heads from a warm dark place.

LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

Quote Originally Posted by johnny amish View Post
    Let's hope Wisconsin will be the fourth, Utah after that.
    Doesn't matter to me if we are 4th or 5th, as long as we get it soon!

Forward!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

McX
    pulled this from the west virginia thread, bet we'll see it here under a permit system too:

Cabell county sheriff says you cannot open carry once you receive a concealed permit.

pulled this from the west virginia thread, bet we'll see it here under a permit system too:

Cabell county sheriff says you cannot open carry once you receive a concealed permit.
    Geez,

One of the few things I love about living in AZ is their correct approach on our 2nd amendment. The only time I get deer-in-the-headlights or looks of terror are from displaced Californians....those people are way off in the looney left.

I'm hoping I only miss constitutional carry for a while once I move to WI....miss it for only a while because WI adopts the same policy!

McX
    i hate you arizona guys (joking) you got all kinds of rights were still battling here for. but then again, i recall you got some serious border/drug lord problems there, so maybe it aint so bad here.

i hate you arizona guys (joking) you got all kinds of rights were still battling here for. but then again, i recall you got some serious border/drug lord problems there, so maybe it aint so bad here.
    You should know better than that! Milwaukee is still a pretty dangerous city. The news just doesn't report it.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)