• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitutional Carry States

LOERetired

Constitutional Carry

constcarrymap.png

From http://www.opencarry.org/constcarry.html

Last edited:

jpm84092

Utah is probably next

Utah is probably next. I was talking with a Utah Highway Patrol Lt who works in the Concealed Firearm Division of Utah BCI. He told me that several Utah legislators have been discussing the wording of a Bill they will introduce in January that would, if passed and signed by the Governor, make Utah the 3rd Constitutional Carry (open or concealed) State.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Utah is probably next. I was talking with a Utah Highway Patrol Lt who works in the Concealed Firearm Division of Utah BCI. He told me that several Utah legislators have been discussing the wording of a Bill they will introduce in January that would, if passed and signed by the Governor, make Utah the 3rd Constitutional Carry (open or concealed) State.

Would it not be 4th? AK, AZ and VT are today.

GlockRDH

We are half way there...its in the state constitution that we can USE arms for defense....not sure if the other states have this yet or not. All it would take is for the state to recognize that the method of carry is acceptable...I also cant see a permitting system being implemented since no other 'rights' require a permit to exercise them...correct me if im wrong :)

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
Wisconsin could be the 5th or 6th state to have constitutional carry, But as said elsewhere the old dogs have been fighting so long for the bone that they that they are unwilling to fight for the steak right there in front of them!

Wisconsin could be a leader in so many areas , What better way to show the rest of the country we're no longer followers, By going straight to constitutional carry without first going to a permit system.
Wisconsin needs to take a leadership role if we are to prosper in other areas of growth.

M

McX

Wisconsin could be the 5th or 6th state to have constitutional carry, But as said elsewhere the old dogs have been fighting so long for the bone that they that they are unwilling to fight for the steak right there in front of them!

Wisconsin could be a leader in so many areas , What better way to show the rest of the country we're no longer followers, By going straight to constitutional carry without first going to a permit system.
Wisconsin needs to take a leadership role if we are to prosper in other areas of growth.

Boooya! now springfield, get off the computer, get out in the woods, and kill something.

LR Yote 312

That would be violating my friend, Will wait till Sat. am, All be safe.

Good Luck !!!

Should be an interesting hunt.
Northern deer numbers down from "wolves".
Southern numbers down from "CWD"

Cant wait for the "Dumb Naked Rednecks" (DNR) to wake up remove their heads from a warm dark place.

LR Yote

protias

Let's hope Wisconsin will be the fourth, Utah after that.
Doesn't matter to me if we are 4th or 5th, as long as we get it soon!

Forward!

M

McX

pulled this from the west virginia thread, bet we'll see it here under a permit system too:

Cabell county sheriff says you cannot open carry once you receive a concealed permit.

1FASTC4

pulled this from the west virginia thread, bet we'll see it here under a permit system too:

Cabell county sheriff says you cannot open carry once you receive a concealed permit.

Geez,

One of the few things I love about living in AZ is their correct approach on our 2nd amendment. The only time I get deer-in-the-headlights or looks of terror are from displaced Californians....those people are way off in the looney left.

I'm hoping I only miss constitutional carry for a while once I move to WI....miss it for only a while because WI adopts the same policy!

M

McX

i hate you arizona guys (joking) you got all kinds of rights were still battling here for. but then again, i recall you got some serious border/drug lord problems there, so maybe it aint so bad here.

protias

i hate you arizona guys (joking) you got all kinds of rights were still battling here for. but then again, i recall you got some serious border/drug lord problems there, so maybe it aint so bad here.
You should know better than that! Milwaukee is still a pretty dangerous city. The news just doesn't report it.