• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPS and opencarry

choover

Ok, to keep this on topic I will ask, can I OC when dealing with CPS - - Now the heart of the matter

I have a family situation maybe someone here can help with. The long and the short of it is this - A few months back my brother and his wife disassociated themselves with a long time friend after she had begun a pill popping habit. Out of revenge this person called CPS and made a lot of baseless claims. CPS came to his house and interviewed his kids ( nine of them ) and inspected the house. The worker said that the house looked good and she was filing the claims as baseless. The drug addict has since passed away from a OD.

Fast forward to yesterday. A CPS worker showed back up at the house wanting entry again while my brother was at work. His wife told her to come back when he got home and the worker got rude and was threatening to get the cops to let her in. The purpose of her visit was that the other agent left before the file was officially closed so now they have to re-investigate all over and stop in every month until the file is closed. The also went to the kids school to interview them prior to them getting home. The woman is supposed to come back friday. Her attitude is what has him wanting to refuse her, the other was polite and he let her in and let her interview the kids alone ect and she left saying she was closing it out.

From what I have found online the 4th amendment applies here and without warrant, consent or immediate danger the worker cannot gain entry, but the question remains.. When does this end? The worker found it to be baseless but now a new one wants to keep coming. If he refuses her entry what is the next step for him? What are his rights?

Oh..and again back on topic..can he OC during the investigation ;)

OC4me

Are any of his kids old enough to legally OC around the house? Might as well give the CPS government agent something to wet his/her panties over.

All kidding aside, I'd definitely require the CPS agent to jump through all the legal hoops forward and backward over such an unwarranted intrusion into theit private lives, but that is just me! There is nothing good that can happen over cooperating in my humble opinion. Just make sure he sets his mind to going the distance with these folks, encourage him not to give up his rights. Good luck!

If dealing with CPS on his own property, I don't see any reason why he couldn't OC. Don't foget to advise him to cover hishiney with several video and audio recorders. Having some witnesses present wouldn't hurt either.

Last edited:

Bailenforcer

I could be wrong but it is illegal to interview children without the parents knowing. SUE THEM!

As far as Friday I might have the police waiting with prior knowledge to her abusive demeanor, and when she shows u I would inform her that her activities of interviewing the children without our knowledge was in fact illegal and her abusive behavior, I now consider her unstable and hostile behavior threatening to my family, oh yes I would turn the whole thing 180 degrees against the state worker.

But my best advice would be to talk to a lawyer right now before Friday, these bastards are evil and the Federal Government funds the state for every child seized, it is a big money maker for the State to seize a child or children. I would also deny access to the worker and I might even allow the police in to see everything is fine if you have a good relationship with the local Law Enforcement.

Heres one for you. I and several others filed a emergency complaint against one of my renters who several others and I witnessed this insane bitch balled her fist and punch her 2 year son in the mouth so hard he flew a good three feet and landed on the ground, bloodied he face good. Later that night she got drunk and attacked her husband with a 10 inch bladed butcher knife, and he was forced to knock her to the floor and disarm her. Now a little history they lived with me for about a year prior to the child being born when they fell on hard times, I was suddenly single and had a huge 3 bedroom home so why not be there for someone in need. When the child was born at 2 weeks of age I came home from work and heard her screaming so loud I thought someone was murdering her I came running in the house and found her hovering over the child screaming at him so loud it literally hurt my ears, and she wasn't quitting so I grabbed her shook her then she quit finally the child was hysterical I took the kid and rocked him while talking sense into her. The kid finally quit crying as she was explaining how she hated him. This was her first so I assumed it was post pardom depression or whatever they call it. plain and simple she is a psychopath and knowing her since she was age 13 the history and her mothers mental illness was also well established. This gal had known and repeated violent behaviors.

The State sent over a worker from Cps who knocked on my door first and as GOD as my witness she looked 15 years old. I am betting she wasn't older than 19 at best. She couldn't even get the address right! I showed her next door and after the meeting the State worker ordered the neighbor to seek a mental Health professional and she saw a shrink for 3 visits then quit saying he was nuts. The state never followed up to make sure the idiot was still seeing the shrink. Numerous calls to cps in the following months by neighbors were not followed up on. She left her husband kidnapped the kids from him and the State did nothing. She moved in with a Registered sex offender yes I checked him out. He was charged with 1st and third degree rape on children under age 13. and to my utter disgust even though he was registered and served ten years, there is no probation requirements or release requirements that he stay clear of children. WTF! I called everyone from the parole board to the State police you name it and all said there's nothing that can be done short of him failing to register. The little boy was acting out sexually at age 5 in a bad way which most would say he was raped by what he was doing, too graphic to say here, and nothing has been done and when they found out her still husband called cps she and the child rapist moved to Montana and now both States refuse to get involved because he registered as required when he got to Montana.

Wanna know what I think of cps workers and their whole system....

NEVER trust them never ever have witnesses always outside of your immediate family there always they are all liars in my experience and remember I was an investigator for 21 years and I don't criticize other investigators without reason.

1. contact an attorney experienced in cps cases. The first meeting is normally free.
2. have a reliable witness or a couple outside of your immediate family there.
3. remember fall back on your 4th amendment rights if you have any doubts.
4. inform them because the case was closed you consider this an invasion of privacy and you are under duress due to this. {if your attorney allows such a meeting to take place, which I doubt he or she would]

This is incompetence right out of the box because the case was not closed so I would be highly suspicious that the incompetence isn't ending soon, and may balloon into something huge.

Ok, to keep this on topic I will ask, can I OC when dealing with CPS - - Now the heart of the matter

I have a family situation maybe someone here can help with. The long and the short of it is this - A few months back my brother and his wife disassociated themselves with a long time friend after she had begun a pill popping habit. Out of revenge this person called CPS and made a lot of baseless claims. CPS came to his house and interviewed his kids ( nine of them ) and inspected the house. The worker said that the house looked good and she was filing the claims as baseless. The drug addict has since passed away from a OD.

Fast forward to yesterday. A CPS worker showed back up at the house wanting entry again while my brother was at work. His wife told her to come back when he got home and the worker got rude and was threatening to get the cops to let her in. The purpose of her visit was that the other agent left before the file was officially closed so now they have to re-investigate all over and stop in every month until the file is closed. The also went to the kids school to interview them prior to them getting home. The woman is supposed to come back friday. Her attitude is what has him wanting to refuse her, the other was polite and he let her in and let her interview the kids alone ect and she left saying she was closing it out.

From what I have found online the 4th amendment applies here and without warrant, consent or immediate danger the worker cannot gain entry, but the question remains.. When does this end? The worker found it to be baseless but now a new one wants to keep coming. If he refuses her entry what is the next step for him? What are his rights?

Last edited:

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
I could be wrong but it is illegal to interview children without the parents knowing. SUE THEM!

this may or may not be true. every state is going to be different. I know in Tx, it is perfectly legal for CPS workers to talk to children without their parents, so research your state laws before asserting this stand.

Rasher

rasher:
Under no circumstanses do you have to let them in the house-EVER, unless they are there whith a LEO with a search warrent. Espessially if they are rude with you.

back to choover:

Yes he can, but that being said, do not do this--EVER-EVER-EVER-EVER--EVER, see where I'm going with this, these people can and do make life miserable for people and are trained to HATE GUNS OF ANY TYPE, I will ask around for some advise for them I have social workers in my close network-none for cps though.

Last edited:

budlight

No warrant, no entry.........the 4th amendment applies. If she shows back up tell him to politely advise her that all communications will need to go through his attorney and to leave it at that.