• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Doug Huffman Has Been Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
And unlike Spartacus, Doug's ban is permanent. He sent me an email this morning in which I think he threatened to use alternates to disrupt the forum (although he may have been proposing marriage for all I understand his gibberish).

In any case, please let me know if you see what you think is a Doug Huffman alternate.

Also, he copied other users here on the email and seemed to imply that they were also conspiring to disrupt the Wisconsin forum with him. Since he placed misguided trust in the security of blind-carbon-copy, I know who those members are and will be keeping a close eye on their posts. A lot of the high drama on the forum these last few months suddenly makes sense when you look at the intersection of Doug and these other users.

Now ... Wisconsin is on the cusp of something great and we all need to rally behind WCI and stop in-fighting.

John

M

McX

this is a sad and black day for all of us. The loss is immeasureable to me.

metalman383

What would be the motive of disrupting the forum? I guess I'm kind of confused why people, unless the are anti-gun libs would do that.

P.S Thank you John, for trying to keep everybody focused on the real fight. Thank you, to all of the great people on here, that have put so much time and money into restoring our rights!

Last edited:

Captain Nemo

I do not know if I am one of the carbonees on Doug's email. I don't really care. I inform you that there has been and is no colusion between Doug and I in regards to disrupting this forum. Our only connection is that Doug and I have had mutual respect for each others opinions. Doug is an excellent researcher and there is no question of his intelligence. He has posted much valuable and needed information on this forum. He speaks his mind and to some of you he may speak in riddles and just because some don't understand him is no evidence that he is being disruptive, such as the likes of Spartacus. Doug's contributions since 2006, when there were only 12 members on this forum, have been invaluable to the open carry movement to which there is no question of his dedication.

In utter disgust to his treatment by the administrator I, Captain Nemo, will no longer contribute to this forum and will not renew my WCI membership.

jimd_21

I am fairly new to the forums and i do alot of browsing and reading to help educate myself and offer an opinion here and their. With that said i have seen alot of negativity, brash, and down right rude comments. And thru my observations they come from a select few who seem they think they can get away with it because of age, experience, or having a certain number of posts.

I see these forums as a way to learn, ask questions, and share experiences and try to offer my help. When i see alot of the negative comments, it makes me wonder why anyone would want to come back to post at OCDO.

I have to say i agree with the bans and think more should be handed out to help curb the problem.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Nemo,

You should feel free to feel as angry as you wish toward me but my actions should not reflect negatively on your WCI membership since I have nothing to do with WCI (other than being a big believer in what they are doing).

John

I do not know if I am one of the carbonees on Doug's email. I don't really care. I inform you that there has been and is no colusion between Doug and I in regards to disrupting this forum. Our only connection is that Doug and I have had mutual respect for each others opinions. Doug is an excellent researcher and there is no question of his intelligence. He has posted much valuable and needed information on this forum. He speaks his mind and to some of you he may speak in riddles and just because some don't understand him is no evidence that he is being disruptive, such as the likes of Spartacus. Doug's contributions since 2006, when there were only 12 members on this forum, have been invaluable to the open carry movement to which there is no question of his dedication.

In utter disgust to his treatment by the administrator I, Captain Nemo, will no longer contribute to this forum and will not renew my WCI membership.

J.Gleason

Banned

+100000

I can not say this any better. I will follow Nemo's lead. I will no longer post and also will not renew any memberships.
The fact that a true disruptor is banned only for 7 days after threats, intimidation and disrespectful remarks to the other members here and then Doug is banned permanently? I wash my hands of this whole thing. I will cease all work on the maps to be used in the GFSZ law suit at this time.

There is no point in any of this other than moderators abusing their authority in a power trip.

Captain Nemo

John:
There is a connection between WCI and OCDO. WCI exists in a large part because of urging from OCDO. You are correct these are exciting times for firearm carry in Wisconsin and I intend to be a part of it through other channels. Your harsh treatment of Doug while turning a more tolerant eye to other much more disruptive people i.e. Spatacus, Bunker, German and a number of others is even more evidence of the self-destruction of this forum.

For those members that would like my opinion on an issue my new email is dlamminen7@gmail.com

Last edited:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Although Doug broke forum rules, specifically about bashing other gun rights groups, much more tolerance was given to those who make personal attacks; for some reason. :eek:

I worked out my differences with Doug a long time ago and those were mostly based on his use of the english language in his posts. He makes me look up words a lot but other than that I think he contributed much valued information to the forum. That being said, I adamantly disagree with his position on SOME gun rights groups.

Although it's your choice by ownership of the forum to ban Doug, I'll have to disagree with it.

If you truly believe that it was the best course of action I believe that you should post the PM/email you received from him so that we can see why you made that choice. Some may be able to translate the "Douglish" for you. You don't need to post the BCC recipients unless you believe that is also necessarry. I know I didn't receive anything from Doug in the last few days so I'm not worried.

Did Doug attack people and other gun rights groups? Yes.
Did Doug contribute valued information to the forum? Yes.

Some other member(s) did the first without doing the second and are still allowed.

That being said; I'm glad you are finally taking a proactive role in trying to get the WI forum functional again; though it's possible you may make some mistakes along the way.

Last edited:

anmut

IMHO while Doug had some strange posts some times you could sure dig up and post case law like no one else. I don't understand his reasonings to disrupt or the henceforth reasonings for the ban, but it seems like a loss to our community.

Unlike the *other* person banned, I've never seen any childish attacks or personal vendettas with Doug - just the occasional rambling incoherent post.

*shrug*

Canard

Very disappointed in this banning. At first I felt he was disruptive but learned how valuable he really was within this forum. His benefit significantly outweighed his problems.

Hate to use this name in the same post but Spartacus on the other hand contributed little to nothing on this forum in spite of his contributions (so i understand through others) in real world.

I think you may have this backwards mr administrator.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Unfortunately, WCI has no control over the moderation of this forum.

If we did, TRUST ME, we would have banned more people. I have ONLY ONCE stooped to the level of suggesting someone be banned, and that person was NOT banned, so TRUST ME, I don't have any control over who gets banned and who doesn't.

We have always respected the ownership of THIS forum to make the decisions they felt were best for it. PERIOD. My signature line has made that clear for months.

I've made multiple posts asking ALL to stop the bickering going back MONTHS. A handful of people, 4 or 5, polluted the forum for the rest.

Yes, some may stomp their feet and leave. Truthfully, I don't believe they really will. People have threatened to leave before. That is usually short lived. Sometimes not even a day.

MOST show up under a different username.

I've said this for months... You can't win an argument on the internet. its not possible. The "other guy" can just keep posting, you can just keep firing back, you HAVE to just STOP. UNFORTUNATELY we don't have a "post ration". if people only had a set number of posts per week, I'll BET they would think twice before posting a useless snipe at someone or participate in petty bickering. They'd ask themselves "is this really worth posting" knowing they only have a limited number of posts.

In the same vein, MAKE NO MISTAKE, the choice to leave the forum won't hurt the forum. The forum will go on. The internet WILL NOT MISS YOU.

Anyone who chooses to leave should do so if that is what is best for them. DON'T kid yourself, the internet won't miss YOU, there are plenty to populate the space.

Those who threatened to leave in this thread will be back.

Lastly, I will state that WCI's efforts go SO far and away beyond this or any internet forum. We have thousands and thousands of members, 98% of which do not use this forum. We are limiting our participation here to mostly just announcements because we think getting involved in the day to day debate drags us into drama we don't want to, and shouldn't be a part of. The false accusations and misrepresentation of fact a couple people are willing to spew about WCI are SHOCKING. So we have no choice but to take a higher road. We WILL continue to post announcements here as we DO believe the forum quality will improve and continue to be a resource for freedom-minded people to share information.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
Everyone seems to be weighing in without the benefit of relevant information. Only John (and Doug and his BCCs) know what was in the PMs. John has demonstrated considerable forebearance in accommodating some posters on this board, and I believe that his taking this action has to be based on egregious activity.

JJC

This forum, I feel was supposed to be for the sharing of information. That's why I joined.
They're some individuals that strive to cause conflict and agitation with others.
Their agenda is open to question.
This conflict attitude is not good for a forum such as this.
I've posted things in the past and have been slammed for my posts. (this after getting a green light for my post).

This forum can and should be a platform for the sharing of information. JMHO

Perhaps the agitators are/were trying to undermine this forum.

We need to stick together and move forward in our drive to make Wisconsin a Carry state.

In doing so, we must remember that there are others in this forum that will continue to push an agenda not in line with what the majority of us are working for.

Let's attempt to quit the infighting. The anti's love to see us doing just that (infighting).
It reinforces their beliefs that they are right in their opinion of us.

Carry On

JJC

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Everyone seems to be weighing in without the benefit of relevant information. Only John (and Doug and his BCCs) know what was in the PMs. John has demonstrated considerable forebearance in accommodating some posters on this board, and I believe that his taking this action has to be based on egregious activity.

I too was not privy to the relevant information, but I put my full support behind John and Mike.

John has been allocating vast amounts of time to dealing with petty drama on the Wisconsin forum for too long. I support whatever measures he takes to clean things up in here.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
This is a shock and I really don't understand your reasoning

And unlike Spartacus, Doug's ban is permanent. He sent me an email this morning in which I think he threatened to use alternates to disrupt the forum (although he may have been proposing marriage for all I understand his gibberish).

In any case, please let me know if you see what you think is a Doug Huffman alternate.

Also, he copied other users here on the email and seemed to imply that they were also conspiring to disrupt the Wisconsin forum with him. Since he placed misguided trust in the security of blind-carbon-copy, I know who those members are and will be keeping a close eye on their posts. A lot of the high drama on the forum these last few months suddenly makes sense when you look at the intersection of Doug and these other users.

Now ... Wisconsin is on the cusp of something great and we all need to rally behind WCI and stop in-fighting.

John

You THINK? You dole out the ultimate punishment available to you and you're not sure of his intentions? This is a real shocker. I certainly wouldn't call Doug's antics a disruption... more of a mild diversion. When he periodically went off on a tangent I just chalked it up to too much wine before dinner and didn't pay any attention. His tangents were more than compensated for by his research and his grasp of the many issues that we discussed on this forum. To dismiss him like this is unconscionable. Where Spartacus was mean-spirited and a bully, Doug was sometimes like that old guy yelling at you to get off his lawn. The two men were totally different and I personally wouldn't speak of them in the same sentence if it wasn't for this development.

Doug didn't suffer fools gladly and wasn't afraid to call a spade a spade... this pissed off certain people who thought that they should be shown more deference because of their title or position or their opinion of themselves.

As far as as his blind carbon copy emails, don't you think his computer knowledge is sufficient to know that you would be able to see the other addresses? It was probably just his way of tweeking your nose.

I've been away all morning so I haven't had a chance to catch up on the postings, but something obviously set him off. I hope you will take a step back, John, and reconsider your actions. To ban Doug permanently and allow Spartacus back after a week shows that you aren't in touch with the soul of this forum like you believe you are.

Maybe you will ban me for saying it, but I have been in agreement with many of Doug's controversial opinions about the goings on here. I just didn't always have the balls to chime in openly on his side. My mistake.

As far as continuing my participation on this forum, it's something I'm going to have to think long and hard about. Right now I don't know.

metalman383

People have been working for years, to try to get WI straightened out. Why is it that now, when we are so close to very good outcomes, that so many people are losing their minds? I don't know what happened with Doug, but he has contributed some great info, and although he can be quite belittleing at times, I thought as of late he seemed to have toned it down. We should be happy, and hopefully celebrate the fruits of our labor soon. Different types of people, came together to fight for one common goal, lets remember what brought us all together!!

paul@paul-fisher.com

Wow! 7 days for someone who went out of his way to pick fights and contributed close to zero to the forum and a permanent ban for someone who, while crotchety and despising pro-gun groups of any kind, was consistent and helpful when it came to statutes. :banghead: I'm a little confused.

This won't cause me to stop posting, however, we have lost a valuable resource in Doug. Spartacus, not so much.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
Doug knew his crap, he provided opposing viewpoints that got people to think and had cites to back it up.

Spartacus on the other hand was nothing but disruptive, and he continually attacked newer members using his post count as a reason that he felt he was superior to any new member.

Keep Spartacus out, and let Doug continue to provide us with his wisdom and superior ability to hunt down case law and everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.