• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

F-22 Raptor goes missing in Alaska

Coded-Dude

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — A search was under way Wednesday for an overdue Air Force F-22 fighter jet based at a military facility near Anchorage.

Corinna Jones, a spokeswoman at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, said the jet was on a training mission and lost contact with air traffic control at 7:40 p.m. Tuesday. The plane carries one pilot.

The aircraft is assigned to Elmendorf's 3rd Wing, Jones said. The Air Force has not released the pilot's name.
source - full article

eye95

No. Military aviation accidents are part of the business. The only way someone would need to be fired is if it were proven that the cause was either willful or negligent.

I suspect he thought the headline meant the it-was-just-here-a-second-ago or the anyone-seen-my-plane kind of missing.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
F22 Raptor missing?

Watch. It will be just my luck. The next time I'm stopped by a cop, he'll want to seize my F22 Raptor "for officer safety" and then run the serial number to see if it has been reported stolen.

"No, officer. I do not consent to any searches or seizures. And, I don't know where those air-to-air missles came from. The pylons were empty when I left the grocery store just a few minutes ago."

:D

Last edited: