Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banned

Banned

For those of you that have been on the forum for a while you might have had a discussion or two with Doug Huffman (member since 2006). Doug helped me out a few times and was a researcher who could find some of the most obscure laws and show you how they fit to your particular issue. He was out spoken and sometimes went off the deep end and that at times upset folks (we have a few of those in Washington State as well). His knowledge & dedication will be missed.

John Pierce posted info in the Wisconsin forum that you can read here:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...as-Been-Banned

It would appear, by reading the posts on the WI site, that he was banned more for what went on in PM's with the Forum Owner than his direct actions on the Forum itself.

We should all keep in mind that while we are entitled to express our opinions, we should do so with respect for the sensibilities of others. We can disagree, get mad, blow off some steam, but threats to do harm or disrupt are out of order.

As for the ramblings of this banned party, I just clicked on to another post or topic. Just like the some others that are not banned (yet?).
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by M1Gunr View Post
    For those of you that have been on the forum for a while you might have had a discussion or two with Doug Huffman (member since 2006). Doug helped me out a few times and was a researcher who could find some of the most obscure laws and show you how they fit to your particular issue. He was out spoken and sometimes went off the deep end and that at times upset folks (we have a few of those in Washington State as well). His knowledge & dedication will be missed.

John Pierce posted info in the Wisconsin forum that you can read here:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...as-Been-Banned
    Last edited by Deleted_User; 11-17-2010 at 04:05 PM.

It had to be pretty concerning to the owners of the forum to make this choice and likely many things were taken into consideration.

The Washington forum has had some pretty heated discussion in where I and many others have been involved in and likely did not reach the level in which this current decision was made, was not in haste.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Besides, if someone here's just too annoying, we can ignore them. COMMENT REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Personal attack

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    That's why I have stopped posting when I have had too much too drink. For the most part, anyway!

I got banned from two other forums for my open carry and 4th amendment views. I love this forum and the fact that we can have heated debates and I think it would take something serious for a member to get banned, so I am sure it was no small situation.
    How did that Toby Keith Song go? You're not as much fun since you quick drinking? or something like that LOL or was it "Get Drunk and Be Somebody" Oh Heck it's a party!
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.

No BigDave, its "you ain't much fun since I quit drinkin'!" Which is extremely true!

A little light humor...

So if I was to take this literary, since you sobered up, there has been happier times for you, Good for You! Good for you!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Doug did have some useful information. Must have been the PM's.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

... I think it would take something serious for a member to get banned, so I am sure it was no small situation.
    Exactly ... besides actual spammers and anti-gun instigators, there have been fewer than 5 members to get banned in the entire history of the forum and it is something we work very hard to never have to do.

A few things to avoid doing that will almost certainly keep you safe:

- Don't make racist remarks that make us look bad
    - Don't make sexist remarks that make us look bad
    - Don't make hate-filled anti-(fill in religion here) remarks that make us look bad
    - Don't make anti-gay remarks that make us look bad
    - Don't make general LEO bashing remarks that make us look bad
    - Don't repeatedly and viciously attack others (especially new posters)
    - Don't promote illegal activities
    - Don't compare the forum to a Nazi Death Camp in an angry, rambling, disjointed diatribe where you also break several of the other rules as well.

You may feel free to guess amongst yourselves which are applicable to recent events.

John

Just a quick question, John...

I know that myself as an Admin elsewhere always feel a sense of personal failure, a letdown, when I am forced to ban a member.

I'm always followed around by thoughts and second-guesses, wondering if there were any other way I could have managed things to keep them around.

You too?
    No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: The officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets. -- Edward Abbey

• • • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Faciémus!• • •

Yes. Anytime we lose an actual member, it is a personal failure.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    Just a quick question, John...

I know that myself as an Admin elsewhere always feel a sense of personal failure, a letdown, when I am forced to ban a member.

I'm always followed around by thoughts and second-guesses, wondering if there were any other way I could have managed things to keep them around.

You too?

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Yes. Anytime we lose an actual member, it is a personal failure.

John
    I am not an administrator but as a self employed person I know I feel the same way if I have to let someone go. It sucks, even when they deserve it.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Even public forms are privately owned...

I was banned from forum for my pm's to the moderator (not the owner) because he edited one of my posts and refused to acknowledge it publicly. I asked him to make a note that it had been changed by the moderator and he refused. I then demanded he either delete it, put it back or admit that he had changed it and he responded by banniing me completely and permanently. Now there is a post on that forum with my name attached that I did not make. Oh well, life goes on.

[QUOTE=Administrator;1403809]Exactly ... besides actual spammers and anti-gun instigators, there have been fewer than 5 members to get banned in the entire history of the forum and it is something we work very hard to never have to do.

A few things to avoid doing that will almost certainly keep you safe:

- Don't compare the forum to a Nazi Death Camp in an angry, rambling, disjointed diatribe where you also break several of the other rules as well....................

How about a North Vietnamese "Re-education" camp?
    Last edited by Gunslinger; 11-19-2010 at 05:58 PM.

Yes, losing Doug is a huge loss to this forum.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Why couldn't it have been......well you know....

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Why couldn't it have been......well you know....
    Now, now! I have dealt with Doug a few times myself. He may be smart on 2A, but I felt that his arrogance was more than I wanted to deal with.
    Last edited by Squeak; 11-21-2010 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeak View Post
    Now, now! I have dealt with Doug a few times myself. He may be smart on 2A, but I felt that his arrogance was more than I wanted to deal with.
    I know what you mean the hubris of a few posters on here are just.....well after reading some of their posts unexplainable. LOL.

Whine Whine Whine, the owners of the forum made their decision upon what occurred, let it go.

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    Whine Whine Whine, the owners of the forum made their decision upon what occurred, let it go.
    There's that hubris again!
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I know what you mean the hubris of a few posters on here are just.....well after reading some of their posts unexplainable. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
    There's that hubris again!
    Cheese with that whine! let it go.

How many here received a PM that included a copy of Doug's strange e-mail that some Nazi titles on the site's owner? That also accused Gray Petersen of being a "Secret Moderator" , deleting posts and even full threads that he didn't agree with?

Just curious. If this e-mail was any indication of the communications with the "Administrator", banning was not enough. Some mental health treatment might also be in order.

Just wondering.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    How many here received a PM that included a copy of Doug's strange e-mail that some Nazi titles on the site's owner? That also accused Gray Petersen of being a "Secret Moderator" , deleting posts and even full threads that he didn't agree with?

Just curious. If this e-mail was any indication of the communications with the "Administrator", banning was not enough. Some mental health treatment might also be in order.

Just wondering.
    I got one of those. Kind of reminded me of Lyndon LaRouche (sp?), the guy who accused Queen Elizabeth of heading an international drug cartel. Also the reason some politicians run as Republicans instead of Libertarians.
    Last edited by Bookman; 11-23-2010 at 04:32 AM.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    Cheese with that whine! let it go.

Bubba, no one's whining but you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast