• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlevin

How many here received a PM that included a copy of Doug's strange e-mail that some Nazi titles on the site's owner? That also accused Gray Petersen of being a "Secret Moderator" , deleting posts and even full threads that he didn't agree with?

Just curious. If this e-mail was any indication of the communications with the "Administrator", banning was not enough. Some mental health treatment might also be in order.

Just wondering.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
How many here received a PM that included a copy of Doug's strange e-mail that some Nazi titles on the site's owner? That also accused Gray Petersen of being a "Secret Moderator" , deleting posts and even full threads that he didn't agree with?

Just curious. If this e-mail was any indication of the communications with the "Administrator", banning was not enough. Some mental health treatment might also be in order.

Just wondering.

I got one of those. Kind of reminded me of Lyndon LaRouche (sp?), the guy who accused Queen Elizabeth of heading an international drug cartel. Also the reason some politicians run as Republicans instead of Libertarians.

Last edited:

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator

Just wondering.

The only part of what Doug stated was true about me being a "secret moderator". For the last 5 or 6 months, John Pierce tasked me with the job of keeping an eye on the forums. Granted, my moderation style was rather light and I didn't really intervene except when it got really extreme.

In the Wisconsin forum (which Doug was primary a part of), the atmosphere in that state had gotten so toxic that people were leaving because of breaking the rules and nothing being done about the off-topic posting, the personal attacks, and the trolling going on there. Because of my familial and friendship ties to Wisconsin, and with full permission from John, dropped the hammer on posts which violated the rules.

Despite what has been claimed, I did not cause arguments and then proceed to delete the opposing viewpoint. What actually happened was that I made legal and political argument, and in kind, I was responded to with certain members of the forum taking out the ad-hominem stiletto and started slashing away at me, making personal attacks towards me, often attacking me because I resided out of state. In kind, rather than allowing the rule violations to stand, I moderated the posts which broke the rules.

How moderate works is that moderate doesn't delete posts. It merely makes it viewable to the forum admins and the posters themselves only, and disappeared from view from the rest of the forum. All moderating of posts and entire threads being moderated is subject to the oversight of John Pierce, who can overturn my decisions. To my knowledge, not once has my decisions been overturned.

Certain members of the Wisconsin forum, to put it bluntly too used to being able to abuse other members of the forum and "run them out of the forum". The "inmates running the asylum" would be an apt description.

Never once, ever in my time as a member or ever since becoming moderator, have been viciously personally attacked to the level that the members of the Wisconsin forum have done.

I've seen the email that was sent to John Pierce. The contents of it basically told John that he would continue to violate the rules by creating alternate usernames to post on the OCDO forum. Doug has also been banned on a term-limited basis in the past for pretending to be a member of the Wisconsin Carry Inc leadership, among other things.

Doug may have contributed much to the forum, but that doesn't make up for violating the forum rules. This isn't the first time he was banned, but for the first time, this is a permanent situation because of previous transgressions. Keep also in mind that I myself did not ban Doug. That decision rests solely with John.

UPDATE: I also did not lock this thread, either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.