Thread: O/C Toledo, OH

O/C Toledo, OH

I am from Toledo, OH and would like to start an OC group here. I have tried this several times through this forum, but no luck. Hope it can become a reality. I am not new to this forum, I just haven't used it in a long time.
    And interested? I hope we have some takers.

Reason: Maybe to late?
    I am very pissed how we (OH) was just railroaded as a state on SB239, SB247 after a lot of hard work of my own calling Armond Budish, State Rep district 8, and Tracy Maxwell Heard State Rep district 26 - chairman of Subcommittee on Public Safety and Homeland Security. These two reps, of their own free and private anti-gun agenda are blocking a vote on these pieces of legislation. Especially Rep. Budish whom is the Speaker and could order a session of the House and its subcommittee's before the end of the year and refuses to do so. I have spoke to his secretary about this several times - take a guess. Sessions are suspended until the end of the year when Gov. Strickland leaves office and Gov. Elect Kasich enters office. This, simply put, is politics, and I for one am at the end of my rope with watching the "Legislative Process" destroy our state, and our country. These pieces of Leg. were passed last Spring and we still can't get a vote on them. IMO, that should be illegal. But, hey, who am I?
    There is a lot more being talked about on other channels on how SB184 is going to be the center of attention coming soon, and the local news has already started talking about it as well.
    Simply put, I feel our gun rights in general are in jeopardy.

there is going to be a OC in Dundee MI soon. Not too many people of OC.ORG do much OC'ing. They talk a lot. If you want to be active in the OC community follow :

http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewfor...562ac360db692f

OFCC and Open Carry Ohio are active in education and activism.

ty

is this an active OC group? If it is, I want to join immediately.
    Last edited by cilcannonvryce; 11-19-2010 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JSlack7851 View Post
    there is going to be a OC in Dundee MI soon. Not too many people of OC.ORG do much OC'ing. They talk a lot. If you want to be active in the OC community follow :

http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewfor...562ac360db692f

OFCC and Open Carry Ohio are active in education and activism.
    when and where in Dundee, mi. is the OC going to be held & what time
    "Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books...Men should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives and say: 'I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't. I can. And my children will."
    ,,, So Mote Be

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.-- JC

Quote Originally Posted by JSlack7851 View Post
    Not too many people of OC.ORG do much OC'ing. They talk a lot.
    Well I know for the fact I open carry every single day and so do a lot of people on here, much more so than most who Conceal carry. it seem to me to be the other way around.
    Last edited by zack991; 11-22-2010 at 10:20 AM.

Dundee has come and gone, but the next one will be at Cracker Barrel in Findley, oh, 12/19 2 pm. Hope to see you there.

bump
    "Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books...Men should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives and say: 'I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't. I can. And my children will."
    ,,, So Mote Be

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.-- JC

Quote Originally Posted by nwo2340 View Post
    Dundee has come and gone, but the next one will be at Cracker Barrel in Findley, oh, 12/19 2 pm. Hope to see you there.
    AFAIK only 2 of us showed up at Cracker Barrel. We had lunch by ourselves. The place was packed and we didn't hook up either.

People talk about going but nobody shows up. Just myself and Teddybear94. We were the only 2 that showed up at the Lima walk too.

I, personally am going to abstain from M & G's for a while. I'm tired of driving 2 - 3 hours for lunch by my self.

OC Toledo

count me in

Sorry to completely necro a thread, but I would be more than willing to participate in a group like this.

I'm in Toledo, as well.
    Last edited by Noel Avenelle; 06-20-2012 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    Well I know for the fact I open carry every single day and so do a lot of people on here, much more so than most who Conceal carry. it seem to me to be the other way around.
    Honestly I haven't seen anyone oc.I feel people are to scared to practice their rights I'm proud to oc, shoot if I could Oc at work I would.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost913 View Post
    Honestly I haven't seen anyone oc.I feel people are to scared to practice their rights I'm proud to oc, shoot if I could Oc at work I would.
    I open carry everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Avenelle View Post
    I open carry everywhere.
    Me too I just wish I could open carry in a vehicle. What I'm at a stop light and some crackhead runs up on me with a gun, I'm not gonna be able to he like hold on let me put the car in park open the glove box get in by trunk and then be able to shoot ya. Yap know

Welp hopefully they will pass that more common sense definition of loaded, then at least your mags won't be too far away.

Also is anyone interested in a meet up at some point in Toledo?

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Avenelle View Post
    Also is anyone interested in a meet up at some point in Toledo?

sure.. when and where

Quote Originally Posted by Yiteurp View Post
    sure.. when and where
    not really sure. It's the weekend, so I guess now's the time (albeit a bit sudden) to make the plans.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost913 View Post
    Me too I just wish I could open carry in a vehicle. What I'm at a stop light and some crackhead runs up on me with a gun, I'm not gonna be able to he like hold on let me put the car in park open the glove box get in by trunk and then be able to shoot ya. Yap know
    Get your CHL.