Thread: Gun Show - Dulles Expo, Nov 19-21

Gun Show - Dulles Expo, Nov 19-21

www.TheNationsGunShow.com

Anyone here planning to go?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CHILINVLN View Post

"The Size of 2 football fields!" WOAHH.........

No I am not going, its too far away.
    Last edited by ocholsteroc; 11-17-2010 at 09:50 PM.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

I am working the VCDL booth on Saturday..

The show has updated the rules..

ONE LAST WORD OF CAUTION AND EXPLANATION.
    DUE TO PUBLIC SAFETY ISSUES AND INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS, THERE WILL BE NO LOADED GUNS, OR MAGAZINES, ALLOWED ON THE SHOW FLOOR. THIS APPLIES TO VENDORS AS WELL AS THE GENERAL PUBLIC. SORRY, BUT WITHOUT MEETING THE INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS THE SHOW CANNOT GO ON, AND AS MUCH AS WE MIGHT AGREE ( or disagree ) WITH YOUR OBJECTIONS, WE MUCH PREFER TO CONTINUE THE SHOW IN SPITE OF THIS SMALL INCONVENIENCE. THIS MATTER IS NOT OUR POLICY OR DECISION, BUT WE CANNOT AND WILL NOT CHANGE IT OR MAKE EXCEPTIONS.
    APPLYING FOR TABLES. EACH EXHIBITOR MUST ORDER THEIR OWN TABLES. This means that each table holder must send in their own completed application form requests. Requests by exhibitors desiring tables next to each other will be honored when possible. However, we would like a mutual request to be made by both exhibitors, to insure it is someone who would like to be beside you. Please note request in the request blank on the order form. Table covers are required.
    PLASTIC WIRE TIES MANDATORY ON ALL CARTRIDGE WEAPONS, MAKING THE WEAPON TOTALLY UNSERVICEABLE - UNTIL REMOVED - THIS IS A MUST. Ties are provided at the registration desk.
    EXHIBITOR BADGES: Limit of two (2) exhibitor badges per application up to 4 tables. If you purchase 5 to 9 tables you may request 3 badges. If you purchase 10 or more tables you may request 4 badges. ONLY YOU AND THAT NAMED PERSON WILL BE PERMITTED IN THE SHOW EARLY. ALL BADGES MUST BE WORN DURING SET-UP. THIS RULE IS CLEARLY FOR YOUR SECURITY. We enforce this rule with enthusiasm...so don't loan your badge...expulsion will result!
    Promoter reserves the right to refuse space to anyone when in the opinion of the promoter such space would not be in the best interest of the show, other exhibitors of the arms collecting fraternity. The promoter further reserves the right to request an exhibitor to change or remove a display what would be considered offensive with social, political and/or collecting ideals.
    No cameras allowed with out authorization from show promoter.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    I'll be teaching our gun safety class at the Nation's Gun Show on Saturday and Sunday. I may swing by the show for a bit Friday night.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

yup, i'll be there. most likely friday afternoon/evening, but that might change.

dislike the new loaded magazine rule. stupid people make things suck for the rest of us. oh well...

see y'all there :-D

I'll be at the VCDL booth Saturday afternoon.

I'll be hunting Friday & Saturday, but I'll try and make it Sunday morning before work. I think my VCDL membership expired, I should probably renew that there...

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonton View Post
    dislike the new loaded magazine rule. stupid people make things suck for the rest of us. oh well...

With all of the ND's at gun shows across the country (and a bunch here in Va), its a miracle that we can even still have a gun show.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

As usual a few knotheads get the rules ratcheded down on the rest of us.

I still, in my nightmares, see the muzzle of the HK P-7 that the idiot vendor swept me with demonstrating his "wonder" holster at a show. No, that one did not have an orange zip tie band on it and, yes, the mag was in it. I rapidly moved away from that part of the show with the safety of my wife and self being my motivation for speed. Do we have documentation on NDs at fun shows? I read the occaisional reference to it but have not seen published accounts on them. Does this portend similar rules at other Va. shows?

Smile

[QUOTE Anyone here planning to go?[/QUOTE]

I will be at the table on Friday (come on by for a free sticker), so there is NO POINT in any of you coming on Saturday or Sunday, because ALL THE GOOD STUFF WILL BE GONE.

I wish.

I also wish that I did not have to go unarmed into the victim disarmament zone, even for my own safety. Sigh.

Thanks for the heads up on the new rule. Given that, Im much less likely to go now.

Interesting note

I pulled up the link to the gun show's website, and noted that they are heavily promoting the idea to DC residents that they are now allowed to buy a gun for self-defense in the home.

As a part of that promotion they have a link to a document titled, "Firearms Registration for Washington, D.C., General Requirements and Study Guide".

Seems to be something inherently wrong when you need a "Study Guide" to exercise a basic human right. Of course, they still don't see it that way... but wow. It's telling.

TFred

The promoter further reserves the right to request an exhibitor to change or remove a display what would be considered offensive with social, political and/or collecting ideals.
    So, are they going to stop the idiots from selling the nazi memorabilia?

I miss that gun show, it was always ridiculously huge and a lot of fun.
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post
    I am working the VCDL booth on Saturday..

The show has updated the rules..
    quote snipped.

what's new about that? Haven't the rules always stated that? Enforcement of the rules on loaded magazines seems to be iffy, in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by SAvage410 View Post
    I'll be at the VCDL booth Saturday afternoon.
    As will I! 1-5.

Since I didn't RSVP in time, I'll not be going to the VCDL banquet Saturday evening. Anyone else not going to that who wants to meet up for dinner after the show on Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    I pulled up the link to the gun show's website, and noted that they are heavily promoting the idea to DC residents that they are now allowed to buy a gun for self-defense in the home.

As a part of that promotion they have a link to a document titled, "Firearms Registration for Washington, D.C., General Requirements and Study Guide".

Seems to be something inherently wrong when you need a "Study Guide" to exercise a basic human right. Of course, they still don't see it that way... but wow. It's telling.

TFred
    Eh, I wouldn't go as far as saying it's a basic human right, it's a constitutional right.

Eh, I wouldn't go as far as saying it's a basic human right, it's a constitutional right.
    Gotta get out the popcorn to watch this one.

Many of us believe self-defense, using arms if we choose, is a basic human right that is codified in our Constitution.

Founder's Club Member
    Even prior the drafting of the Magna Carta the right of armed self defense was understood in English law and tradition to be an inherent human right that goes right along with life itself. The only thing the second amendment to the US Constitution did was clearly spell out for remembrance that right that was already an understood concept to be protected.

Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    Since I didn't RSVP in time, I'll not be going to the VCDL banquet Saturday evening. Anyone else not going to that who wants to meet up for dinner after the show on Saturday?
    i might be down :-)

not sure what time i'm going, but that's up for discussion.

Many of us believe self-defense, using arms if we choose, is a basic human right that is codified in our Constitution.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmelvin View Post
    Even prior the drafting of the Magna Carta the right of armed self defense was understood in English law and tradition to be an inherent human right that goes right along with life itself. The only thing the second amendment to the US Constitution did was clearly spell out for remembrance that right that was already an understood concept to be protected.
    Yep, what they said, and what almost every other Constitutional scholar (who is interested in what the Constitution originally intended, not what they can get away with making it say today) also says.

"Endowed by their creator..." The paper just reminds the Government that they cannot take it away.

TFred

quote snipped.

what's new about that? Haven't the rules always stated that? Enforcement of the rules on loaded magazines seems to be iffy, in my experience.
    Yea.. I've never had an issue with loaded mags before. Seems as if the enforcement lax, which is fine by me. I wont be dumping my loaded mag into anything.

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    "Endowed by their creator..." The paper just reminds the Government that they cannot take it away.
    TFred
    Yup!!

I might go to the show just Sunday only. Never hurts to pick up more boolets
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

Be there tomorrow around noonish with the girlfriend. anyone else?

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wolfhound View Post
    I still, in my nightmares, see the muzzle of the HK P-7 that the idiot vendor swept me with demonstrating his "wonder" holster at a show. No, that one did not have an orange zip tie band on it and, yes, the mag was in it. I rapidly moved away from that part of the show with the safety of my wife and self being my motivation for speed. Do we have documentation on NDs at fun shows? I read the occaisional reference to it but have not seen published accounts on them. Does this portend similar rules at other Va. shows?
    As of this morning I can't remember if it was this year or last year, but there was a ND at Dulles right before the show started. My EMT coworker assisted the dealer who had shot himself in the leg after the round had ricochet off the concrete.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast