• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Show - Dulles Expo, Nov 19-21

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
www.TheNationsGunShow.com

Anyone here planning to go?
I am working the VCDL booth on Saturday..

The show has updated the rules..

ONE LAST WORD OF CAUTION AND EXPLANATION.
DUE TO PUBLIC SAFETY ISSUES AND INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS, THERE WILL BE NO LOADED GUNS, OR MAGAZINES, ALLOWED ON THE SHOW FLOOR. THIS APPLIES TO VENDORS AS WELL AS THE GENERAL PUBLIC. SORRY, BUT WITHOUT MEETING THE INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS THE SHOW CANNOT GO ON, AND AS MUCH AS WE MIGHT AGREE ( or disagree ) WITH YOUR OBJECTIONS, WE MUCH PREFER TO CONTINUE THE SHOW IN SPITE OF THIS SMALL INCONVENIENCE. THIS MATTER IS NOT OUR POLICY OR DECISION, BUT WE CANNOT AND WILL NOT CHANGE IT OR MAKE EXCEPTIONS.
APPLYING FOR TABLES. EACH EXHIBITOR MUST ORDER THEIR OWN TABLES. This means that each table holder must send in their own completed application form requests. Requests by exhibitors desiring tables next to each other will be honored when possible. However, we would like a mutual request to be made by both exhibitors, to insure it is someone who would like to be beside you. Please note request in the request blank on the order form. Table covers are required.
PLASTIC WIRE TIES MANDATORY ON ALL CARTRIDGE WEAPONS, MAKING THE WEAPON TOTALLY UNSERVICEABLE - UNTIL REMOVED - THIS IS A MUST. Ties are provided at the registration desk.
EXHIBITOR BADGES: Limit of two (2) exhibitor badges per application up to 4 tables. If you purchase 5 to 9 tables you may request 3 badges. If you purchase 10 or more tables you may request 4 badges. ONLY YOU AND THAT NAMED PERSON WILL BE PERMITTED IN THE SHOW EARLY. ALL BADGES MUST BE WORN DURING SET-UP. THIS RULE IS CLEARLY FOR YOUR SECURITY. We enforce this rule with enthusiasm...so don't loan your badge...expulsion will result!
Promoter reserves the right to refuse space to anyone when in the opinion of the promoter such space would not be in the best interest of the show, other exhibitors of the arms collecting fraternity. The promoter further reserves the right to request an exhibitor to change or remove a display what would be considered offensive with social, political and/or collecting ideals.
No cameras allowed with out authorization from show promoter.

Jonton

yup, i'll be there. most likely friday afternoon/evening, but that might change.

dislike the new loaded magazine rule. stupid people make things suck for the rest of us. oh well...

see y'all there :-D

hunter45

I'll be hunting Friday & Saturday, but I'll try and make it Sunday morning before work. I think my VCDL membership expired, I should probably renew that there...

The Wolfhound

As usual a few knotheads get the rules ratcheded down on the rest of us.

I still, in my nightmares, see the muzzle of the HK P-7 that the idiot vendor swept me with demonstrating his "wonder" holster at a show. No, that one did not have an orange zip tie band on it and, yes, the mag was in it. I rapidly moved away from that part of the show with the safety of my wife and self being my motivation for speed. Do we have documentation on NDs at fun shows? I read the occaisional reference to it but have not seen published accounts on them. Does this portend similar rules at other Va. shows?

nemo

[QUOTE Anyone here planning to go?[/QUOTE]

I will be at the table on Friday (come on by for a free sticker), so there is NO POINT in any of you coming on Saturday or Sunday, because ALL THE GOOD STUFF WILL BE GONE.

I wish.

I also wish that I did not have to go unarmed into the victim disarmament zone, even for my own safety. Sigh.

TFred

Interesting note

I pulled up the link to the gun show's website, and noted that they are heavily promoting the idea to DC residents that they are now allowed to buy a gun for self-defense in the home.

As a part of that promotion they have a link to a document titled, "Firearms Registration for Washington, D.C., General Requirements and Study Guide".

Seems to be something inherently wrong when you need a "Study Guide" to exercise a basic human right. Of course, they still don't see it that way... but wow. It's telling.

TFred

SIGguy229

The promoter further reserves the right to request an exhibitor to change or remove a display what would be considered offensive with social, political and/or collecting ideals.

So, are they going to stop the idiots from selling the nazi memorabilia?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I am working the VCDL booth on Saturday..

The show has updated the rules..

quote snipped.

what's new about that? Haven't the rules always stated that? Enforcement of the rules on loaded magazines seems to be iffy, in my experience.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Since I didn't RSVP in time, I'll not be going to the VCDL banquet Saturday evening. Anyone else not going to that who wants to meet up for dinner after the show on Saturday?

CHILINVLN

I pulled up the link to the gun show's website, and noted that they are heavily promoting the idea to DC residents that they are now allowed to buy a gun for self-defense in the home.

As a part of that promotion they have a link to a document titled, "Firearms Registration for Washington, D.C., General Requirements and Study Guide".

Seems to be something inherently wrong when you need a "Study Guide" to exercise a basic human right. Of course, they still don't see it that way... but wow. It's telling.

TFred

Eh, I wouldn't go as far as saying it's a basic human right, it's a constitutional right. :)

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Eh, I wouldn't go as far as saying it's a basic human right, it's a constitutional right. :)

Gotta get out the popcorn to watch this one.

Many of us believe self-defense, using arms if we choose, is a basic human right that is codified in our Constitution.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member

Even prior the drafting of the Magna Carta the right of armed self defense was understood in English law and tradition to be an inherent human right that goes right along with life itself. The only thing the second amendment to the US Constitution did was clearly spell out for remembrance that right that was already an understood concept to be protected.