• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Show - Dulles Expo, Nov 19-21

TFred

Eh, I wouldn't go as far as saying it's a basic human right, it's a constitutional right. :)

Many of us believe self-defense, using arms if we choose, is a basic human right that is codified in our Constitution.

Even prior the drafting of the Magna Carta the right of armed self defense was understood in English law and tradition to be an inherent human right that goes right along with life itself. The only thing the second amendment to the US Constitution did was clearly spell out for remembrance that right that was already an understood concept to be protected.
Yep, what they said, and what almost every other Constitutional scholar (who is interested in what the Constitution originally intended, not what they can get away with making it say today) also says.

"Endowed by their creator..." The paper just reminds the Government that they cannot take it away.

TFred

Walt_Kowalski

quote snipped.

what's new about that? Haven't the rules always stated that? Enforcement of the rules on loaded magazines seems to be iffy, in my experience.

Yea.. I've never had an issue with loaded mags before. Seems as if the enforcement lax, which is fine by me. I wont be dumping my loaded mag into anything.

"Endowed by their creator..." The paper just reminds the Government that they cannot take it away.
TFred

Yup!!

I might go to the show just Sunday only. Never hurts to pick up more boolets :)

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
I still, in my nightmares, see the muzzle of the HK P-7 that the idiot vendor swept me with demonstrating his "wonder" holster at a show. No, that one did not have an orange zip tie band on it and, yes, the mag was in it. I rapidly moved away from that part of the show with the safety of my wife and self being my motivation for speed. Do we have documentation on NDs at fun shows? I read the occaisional reference to it but have not seen published accounts on them. Does this portend similar rules at other Va. shows?
As of this morning I can't remember if it was this year or last year, but there was a ND at Dulles right before the show started. My EMT coworker assisted the dealer who had shot himself in the leg after the round had ricochet off the concrete.

nova

quote snipped.

what's new about that? Haven't the rules always stated that? Enforcement of the rules on loaded magazines seems to be iffy, in my experience.

Well, last time I attended the show they strictly enforced that rule, going as far as snatching my magazine and unloading it right there and taking the ammo. They refused to give it back until I left.

I was going on minimal sleep and was with a friend or else I would have demanded both my money and ammo back and left or would have been involving a police officer for larceny.

I haven't been back to that show since.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Well, last time I attended the show they strictly enforced that rule, going as far as snatching my magazine and unloading it right there and taking the ammo. They refused to give it back until I left.

I was going on minimal sleep and was with a friend or else I would have demanded both my money and ammo back and left or would have been involving a police officer for larceny.

I haven't been back to that show since.

Hmmm. I've never seen it enforced, and yesterday there were an awful lot of people with loaded magazines in carriers on their belts. You must have caught someone on a terribly bad day, or someone who thought you looked like their sister's brother-in-law's cousin's nasty ex-boyfriend <grin>. Only once have I seen someone turn in a magazine, and that person asked.

nova

Hmmm. I've never seen it enforced, and yesterday there were an awful lot of people with loaded magazines in carriers on their belts. You must have caught someone on a terribly bad day, or someone who thought you looked like their sister's brother-in-law's cousin's nasty ex-boyfriend <grin>. Only once have I seen someone turn in a magazine, and that person asked.
probably just my luck :(:banghead: