View Poll Results: Do you have a smartphone?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have a Droid

8 38.10%
  • Yes, I have an iPhone

2 9.52%
  • Yes, I have a BlackBerry

1 4.76%
  • Yes, I have one that's not listed

1 4.76%
  • No, I have a phone that makes phone calls *gasp*

8 38.10%
  • No, I don't have a cellphone

0 0%
  • Not yet, but I want to/will get a...

1 4.76%

Thread: HTC Evo

HTC Evo

Got me one. I love it, almost as much as I love my Maria.

Anyone else have the Evo or a similar Droid?

I also have the EVO and I do like it EXCEPT for battery life issues. If they can get those patches in place I will be jumping for joy. Until my battery lasts more than 5 hours I can not give it the raving review I would like to.

EDIT: Complained enough to Sprint and received in the mail today the extended life battery and new back for the phone free of charge. Can not WAIT to see what kind of life I get from a full charge.
    Last edited by rotty; 01-19-2011 at 01:29 PM.
    - Knowledge is power and there IS strength in numbers -

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by rotty View Post
    I also have the EVO and I do like it EXCEPT for battery life issues. If they can get those patches in place I will be jumping for joy. Until my battery lasts more than 5 hours I can not give it the raving review I would like to.
    Ah yes, the battery. Such a horrible flaw with what is otherwise an excellent device.

Fortunately there are a few options to remeby that, all of which cost more than they should(IE: more than free). You can buy larger batteries or spare batteries. I will probably end up buying one sooner or later. The good thing is that the phone boots up fairly quickly, unlike the ObamaBerry, which takes like five minutes to even respond to the power button, then still has to boot.

This is a soapbox issue for me: Your survey should say Android, not Droid.

Droid is a series of Android based devices manufactured by Motorola & marketed by Verizon. MY HTC G1 & G2 are both Android phones, but not Droids. There are many Android phones that are not Droids. The Droid line comprises a very small portion of the entire Android market. This is part of why Android has been so popular: you have choices.

BTW, the G1 was released in October 2008 as the very first Android phone, long before the first Droid.

Sorry for the rant.
    Last edited by cbpeck; 11-18-2010 at 03:09 PM.

I have an iPhone 4 (personal use) and an HTC Evo (work). Like them both, they are both strong in the areas I use them in. The battery life sucks on both of them as well. The Evo will run through its battery in a matter of an hour or so if you turn on 4G and then wirelessly share that 4G connection back out to your other devices/laptops/etc.

Lone Star Veteran
    I have an EVO (android, not droid!) running the latest versions of Amon ra's recovery and Fresh's EVO rom. I made a trip to Yellowstone a few months ago with both it and my jailbroken 3G iPad. It was really sad that I had to tether my iPad to the Evo half of the time just to get internet. AT&T really does have an atrocious network.

ETA: I open carried the entire trip btw (through Washington, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. It included several friendly interactions with park rangers. One of which ocurred while a mama bear and two cubs were less than 50 feet away (that range is technically against the park rules, but the bears were down a cliff; until they decided to climb it and he told us to scram!)
    Last edited by diesel556; 11-18-2010 at 04:50 PM.

Thirty years in retail has made me hate phones of all kinds, all I need to call is 911 so a pay as you go phone is all I have.

I don't have a Droid, but my Cliq runs Android 1.6x - LOVE it

You have to enjoy when even the co-founder of Apple thinks Android will dominate iOS

http://www.osnews.com/story/24049/Wo...ome_Out_on_Top

If I were to upgrade, I'd definately get a Droid. The reception is far better than iPhone, and the apps are just as cool, if not more so.

Apple makes great computers.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

I know the difference between the Droid phone and Android OS. I just like saying Droid better, seeing as how I've been referring to androids as droids for ever, it just makes more sense that I'd do the same for the OS.

The only thing Apple does well is overcharging for underpowered devices.

I totally recommend the Android platform to anyone looking to buy a smartphone. Windows is too new and will probably suck. iPhail I mean, iPhone is closed and tightly controlled with ridiculous censors. Android is based on Linux and is open source with very few censors. The only apps that are denied/removed are malicious apps. Atleast, that's the way it is for now. In the future, who knows.