• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HTC Evo

Do you have a smartphone?

• No, I don't have a cellphone

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rotty

I also have the EVO and I do like it EXCEPT for battery life issues. If they can get those patches in place I will be jumping for joy. Until my battery lasts more than 5 hours I can not give it the raving review I would like to.

EDIT: Complained enough to Sprint and received in the mail today the extended life battery and new back for the phone free of charge. Can not WAIT to see what kind of life I get from a full charge.

Last edited:

Jack House

I also have the EVO and I do like it EXCEPT for battery life issues. If they can get those patches in place I will be jumping for joy. Until my battery lasts more than 5 hours I can not give it the raving review I would like to.
Ah yes, the battery. Such a horrible flaw with what is otherwise an excellent device. :(

Fortunately there are a few options to remeby that, all of which cost more than they should(IE: more than free). You can buy larger batteries or spare batteries. I will probably end up buying one sooner or later. The good thing is that the phone boots up fairly quickly, unlike the ObamaBerry, which takes like five minutes to even respond to the power button, then still has to boot. :banghead:

cbpeck

This is a soapbox issue for me: Your survey should say Android, not Droid.

Droid is a series of Android based devices manufactured by Motorola & marketed by Verizon. MY HTC G1 & G2 are both Android phones, but not Droids. There are many Android phones that are not Droids. The Droid line comprises a very small portion of the entire Android market. This is part of why Android has been so popular: you have choices.

BTW, the G1 was released in October 2008 as the very first Android phone, long before the first Droid.

Sorry for the rant.

Last edited:

Steve9MMinMO

I have an iPhone 4 (personal use) and an HTC Evo (work). Like them both, they are both strong in the areas I use them in. The battery life sucks on both of them as well. The Evo will run through its battery in a matter of an hour or so if you turn on 4G and then wirelessly share that 4G connection back out to your other devices/laptops/etc.

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
I have an EVO (android, not droid!) running the latest versions of Amon ra's recovery and Fresh's EVO rom. I made a trip to Yellowstone a few months ago with both it and my jailbroken 3G iPad. It was really sad that I had to tether my iPad to the Evo half of the time just to get internet. AT&T really does have an atrocious network.

ETA: I open carried the entire trip btw (through Washington, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. It included several friendly interactions with park rangers. One of which ocurred while a mama bear and two cubs were less than 50 feet away (that range is technically against the park rules, but the bears were down a cliff; until they decided to climb it and he told us to scram!)

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
If I were to upgrade, I'd definately get a Droid. The reception is far better than iPhone, and the apps are just as cool, if not more so.

Apple makes great computers.

Jack House

I know the difference between the Droid phone and Android OS. I just like saying Droid better, seeing as how I've been referring to androids as droids for ever, it just makes more sense that I'd do the same for the OS. :p

The only thing Apple does well is overcharging for underpowered devices. :rolleyes:

I totally recommend the Android platform to anyone looking to buy a smartphone. Windows is too new and will probably suck. iPhail I mean, iPhone is closed and tightly controlled with ridiculous censors. Android is based on Linux and is open source with very few censors. The only apps that are denied/removed are malicious apps. Atleast, that's the way it is for now. In the future, who knows.