Thread: very interesting road rage/self defense

very interesting road rage/self defense

Sorry for if this has already been posted, or if this is the wrong category. not really a open carry issue either. just thought about the issue of self defense and of how the sheriff dept. acted on it.
    follow all three reports it get more interesting as it goes.

http://www.wxii12.com/video/25801700/detail.html

http://www.wxii12.com/video/25806708/detail.html

http://www.wxii12.com/video/25830276/detail.html

Extremely sloppy "reporting" initially.

Sheriff's Guys did good though.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Banned
    Wow. You really have to watch all three videos to get the full story. It would have been an interesting experiment to post them one at a time and study the reactions before posting the next.

I did wonder why the idiot with the metal bar would admit on camera that he held it up to scare the guy in the truck. It immediately occurred to me, while watching that first video, that if he had the present ability to carry out the threat, then that would constitute assault.

Well, he kept following the truck, playing road games, and followed him off the highway. That tells me that he had full intentions of using that pipe as soon as the driver of the truck stopped or might even use his vehicle as a weapon.

The sheriff kept an open mind, investigated thoroughly, and charged the right man.

I do think that firing a warning shot into the air is foolish, but, in the heat of the moment, adrenaline is not brain juice.

To me, this is a story of a lawfully armed man defending himself with a gun against a violent idiot with two deadly weapons. Good for him.
    Last edited by eye95; 11-18-2010 at 12:37 PM.

i agree miss-leading story at first that's why i put all three stories up. the guy with the pipe is an idiot. from what i can find out the shot was fired in the air.

we are blessed in this area with good sheriffs, and a lot of the police officers too. most have a lot of common sense

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    i agree miss-leading story at first that's why i put all three stories up. the guy with the pipe is an idiot. from what i can find out the shot was fired in the air.

we are blessed in this area with good sheriffs, and a lot of the police officers too. most have a lot of common sense
    Oh, I did not believe that you (or anyone else) was trying to mislead. I was making a point about the knee-jerk reactions we often get here based on scant information.

By all means, you made sure the whole story got out in one shot. (One shot. heh heh.)

That turned out well!
    Let's hope there's a reasonable judge who will give the guy some time behind bars to cool his rage.