• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

very interesting road rage/self defense

papa bear

eye95

Wow. You really have to watch all three videos to get the full story. It would have been an interesting experiment to post them one at a time and study the reactions before posting the next.

I did wonder why the idiot with the metal bar would admit on camera that he held it up to scare the guy in the truck. It immediately occurred to me, while watching that first video, that if he had the present ability to carry out the threat, then that would constitute assault.

Well, he kept following the truck, playing road games, and followed him off the highway. That tells me that he had full intentions of using that pipe as soon as the driver of the truck stopped or might even use his vehicle as a weapon.

The sheriff kept an open mind, investigated thoroughly, and charged the right man.

I do think that firing a warning shot into the air is foolish, but, in the heat of the moment, adrenaline is not brain juice.

To me, this is a story of a lawfully armed man defending himself with a gun against a violent idiot with two deadly weapons. Good for him.

Last edited:

papa bear

i agree miss-leading story at first that's why i put all three stories up. the guy with the pipe is an idiot. from what i can find out the shot was fired in the air.

we are blessed in this area with good sheriffs, and a lot of the police officers too. most have a lot of common sense

eye95

i agree miss-leading story at first that's why i put all three stories up. the guy with the pipe is an idiot. from what i can find out the shot was fired in the air.

we are blessed in this area with good sheriffs, and a lot of the police officers too. most have a lot of common sense

Oh, I did not believe that you (or anyone else) was trying to mislead. I was making a point about the knee-jerk reactions we often get here based on scant information.

By all means, you made sure the whole story got out in one shot. (One shot. heh heh.)