• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Disarmed in a daycare?

jeremy002

:confused::confused:Ok I had a …..interesting experience yesterday before I explain what happened I want to explain my “look” so you don’t think I look like a “thug” I do security for a living and when im off duty I carry my badge on a belt clip (I tend to get less antis trying to question me when I OC if I do this) I am 6 foot tall 225lbs a “buzz cut” wearing dark jeans a polo shirt a badge on my waist and oc a ruger p95 I think I look like a respectable person. But yesterday as I was picking up my little sister from daycare I walked in and went to her classroom and a few seconds later I was approached by the daycare “administrator” she looked at me and said “your gunna have to put that in your car” then I realized that I may be illegally carrying inside of a school so I said oh I didn’t realize it was posted (which it wasn’t) then I went to the car and disarmed myself after I went back in she thanked me but after speaking to some of the teachers who are surprisingly pro 2a I felt cheated they told me that leo dressed in uniforms and detectives in polos come in all the time and are not asked to disarm. That part doesn’t bother me as much as im sure it should. I was just curious as to rather I was breaking the law by carrying in a daycare. the daycare is owned by a church it is called Bethany stepping stones I have no idea rather this place is a “school” or what so any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated

smlawrence

My church has a daycare along with a school from K-6 grades and upon talking to some of our Church Security Team, they are under the same rules as any Government School which would prohibit this. Just my 2 cents.

sultan62

Its a PRIVET school, so it HAS to be posted.

Not in NC. Only if you are a homeschool does the ban not count.

§ 14‑269.2. Weapons on campus or other educational property.

(a) The following definitions apply to this section:

(1b) School. – A public or private school, community college, college, or university.

sultan62

and i Stand corrected.

But is a daycare a "school"

This is the problem with stupidity in government. If you look at the definition above, the word 'school' is used to help define what a school is...well guess what, that doesn't work. Does a shooting school count? Driving school? Cooking school? Assuming, of course, that these take place off of obvious educational grounds such as a community college.

I would say that no, a daycare is not a school. That might change somewhat if it has some kind of certification for pre-kindergarten schooling, I don't know. Of course, private property laws would still apply.

Resto Guy

If I may offer a little bit of advise, even having the handgun in your car while it's on campus/school property is in violation. This also applies to churches that have a private school.
Secondly, please do us old guys a favor and inject a "." occasionally when typing. Even used in the wrong place, it's better than reading run-on sentences that exceed 90 words. Hell, even beginning a new paragraph now and then would help.

Last edited:

oldgoat

Exceptions

Sorry your state has that restriction. LoUiSiAna has an exception for your vehicle.

As long as its wholly within the vehicle it's all good. It does not address motorcyclist.