Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekly San Diego OC Meet 6

Weekly San Diego OC Meet 6

Monday the 22nd is approaching quickly, I decided to ask those attendees who regularly join us for some ideas for a meet location. I'll select a location in short order, 7-9 pm as usual.
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

Hey Mark,

I'm planning on being there. Just let me know where.

I have 2 places in mind. The 94th Aero squadron:
    8885 Balboa Avenue
    San Diego, CA 92123-1505
    (858) 560-6771

Or the Studio Dinner on Ruffin road just south of American Shooting Center.

+1 for the Studio Dinner.

Studio Diner?

yep check it out. http://www.studiodiner.com/

Dinner at the diner. I'm in.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Diner, the majority approval

The Studio Diner sounds like a great place, and many people are in agreement, my quick check of my map web sites shows no k-12 anywhere near the location. Has anyone yet UOC there before???

Has anyone spoken to the owner previously to give him/her a heads up about UOC? Or know any employees that work there?

I always try to communicate with the owner prior to showing so they are educated, and hopefully are pro 2A. Things seem to work for us so much better if we are in agreement with the proprieter prior to arriving.

let me know otherwise ill attempt to contact by close of business today.

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

I will say this. Be prepared for higher than normal likelihood of LEO contact over there. That's been my experience. I've eaten there several times and it's a favorite of a lot of LEOs. It may be because it's open so late or the proximity to a substation, but just be aware.

I decline to answer any questions without legal advice.
    I don't consent to any search of my person.
    Sorry, I don't have any ID with me.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Checked with general manager today, he says he does not have a problem with us showing up, UOC'ing on monday and eating at the diner, he did however gently remind me they share property with SDPD SWAT and the regularly serve Sheriffs and SDPD personnel throughout the day, just in case that might be a problem.

But im sure none of you guys knew that before suggesting it did you???

Quote Originally Posted by Firemark View Post
    Checked with general manager today, he says he does not have a problem with us showing up, UOC'ing on monday and eating at the diner, he did however gently remind me they share property with SDPD SWAT and the regularly serve Sheriffs and SDPD personnel throughout the day, just in case that might be a problem.

Recorders, and no ID!!!
    Last edited by Gundude; 11-20-2010 at 02:09 AM.

Actually I had no idea. All I knew was that it was right around the corner from Gores office

Maybe we can all stop by beforhand to pick up our CCW applications.

Yeah... that's what I figured as I mentioned earlier that every time I go there, there's LE personnel there. Should be fun! A big ol' group 12031 check.

I'll be there! I was supposed to be out of town but I'll make it for sure! This will be fun as always. Remember, bring your weapon, your recorder and a newbie!

Sweet! I'll be there at 7.

I assured the GM after he wanted to make sure that none of our group would get nervous if we saw police cars or uniforms.

I informed him that many of our group have lots of experience with police and are quite comfortable around them, and dont forsee any problems whatsoever.

He looks forward to serving our group on Monday.

Ill put in a reservation for 7 pm for at least 6, they charge gratuity as policy for groups that size or larger. I think ill reserve the name under everyones least favorite recent local defendant we are waiting 3 weeks for.... im sure you can all guess who that is, or just look for the armed soverigns when you get there.
    Last edited by Firemark; 11-20-2010 at 11:02 PM.

^^^^^ Nice

This is filled with win.

Are you gunna be there pullinshoot? We have a lot to talk about.

Is Sam going to be there? Hey Sam if the LEOs come to inspect your firearm please please keep your clothes on. LOL
    Last edited by chewy352; 11-21-2010 at 08:24 PM.

Ill put in a reservation for 7 pm for at least 6, they charge gratuity as policy for groups that size or larger. I think ill reserve the name under everyones least favorite recent local defendant we are waiting 3 weeks for.... im sure you can all guess who that is, or just look for the armed soverigns when you get there.
    Ummm....it's actually 2 weeks now. Yay!

I may be slightly late but I'll see you guys there.

Anyone know if we might be graced by Ed's presence again?
    Last edited by J.D.Allen; 11-22-2010 at 02:46 PM.

I'm not going to be able to make it tonight guys. I just got called in to work my tonights off which are tonight and tomorrow night. With Thanksgiving this week I just couldn't resist the 24 hours of over time pay.

Got room for two more? My wife and I are going to try and make it out tonight.
    -Ant

"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetuated under the shield of law and in the name of justice." -Charles de Montesquieu

Quote Originally Posted by chewy352 View Post
    Are you gunna be there pullinshoot? We have a lot to talk about.

Is Sam going to be there? Hey Sam if the LEOs come to inspect your firearm please please keep your clothes on. LOL
    I can't but I see you can't either...

Anyone know if they'll have the Chargers game on???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast