• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Weekly San Diego OC Meet 6

Firemark

Monday the 22nd is approaching quickly, I decided to ask those attendees who regularly join us for some ideas for a meet location. I'll select a location in short order, 7-9 pm as usual.

Firemark

Diner, the majority approval

The Studio Diner sounds like a great place, and many people are in agreement, my quick check of my map web sites shows no k-12 anywhere near the location. Has anyone yet UOC there before???

Has anyone spoken to the owner previously to give him/her a heads up about UOC? Or know any employees that work there?

I always try to communicate with the owner prior to showing so they are educated, and hopefully are pro 2A. Things seem to work for us so much better if we are in agreement with the proprieter prior to arriving.

let me know otherwise ill attempt to contact by close of business today.

RockerFor2A

I will say this. Be prepared for higher than normal likelihood of LEO contact over there. That's been my experience. I've eaten there several times and it's a favorite of a lot of LEOs. It may be because it's open so late or the proximity to a substation, but just be aware.

Gundude

I decline to answer any questions without legal advice.
I don't consent to any search of my person.
Sorry, I don't have any ID with me.

Firemark

Checked with general manager today, he says he does not have a problem with us showing up, UOC'ing on monday and eating at the diner, he did however gently remind me they share property with SDPD SWAT and the regularly serve Sheriffs and SDPD personnel throughout the day, just in case that might be a problem.

But im sure none of you guys knew that before suggesting it did you??? :eek:

Gundude

Checked with general manager today, he says he does not have a problem with us showing up, UOC'ing on monday and eating at the diner, he did however gently remind me they share property with SDPD SWAT and the regularly serve Sheriffs and SDPD personnel throughout the day, just in case that might be a problem.

Recorders, and no ID!!!

Last edited:

chewy352

Actually I had no idea. All I knew was that it was right around the corner from Gores office :D

Maybe we can all stop by beforhand to pick up our CCW applications. :lol:

RockerFor2A

Yeah... that's what I figured as I mentioned earlier that every time I go there, there's LE personnel there. Should be fun! :) A big ol' group 12031 check. :)

elsensei

I'll be there! I was supposed to be out of town but I'll make it for sure! This will be fun as always. Remember, bring your weapon, your recorder and a newbie!

Firemark

I assured the GM after he wanted to make sure that none of our group would get nervous if we saw police cars or uniforms.

I informed him that many of our group have lots of experience with police and are quite comfortable around them, and dont forsee any problems whatsoever.

He looks forward to serving our group on Monday.

Ill put in a reservation for 7 pm for at least 6, they charge gratuity as policy for groups that size or larger. I think ill reserve the name under everyones least favorite recent local defendant we are waiting 3 weeks for.... im sure you can all guess who that is, or just look for the armed soverigns when you get there.

Last edited:

pullnshoot25

This is filled with win.

chewy352

Are you gunna be there pullinshoot? We have a lot to talk about.

Is Sam going to be there? Hey Sam if the LEOs come to inspect your firearm please please keep your clothes on. LOL

Last edited: