• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ann Coulter cites Gun Control to highlight TSA nonsense

TFred

Snippet:

You can't stop a terrorist attack by searching for the explosives any more than you can stop crime by taking away everyone's guns.

In the 1970s, liberal ideas on crime swept the country. Gun owners were treated like criminals while actual criminals were coddled and released. If only we treated criminals with dignity and respect and showed them the system was fair, liberals told us, criminals would reward us with good behavior.

As is now well known, crime exploded in the '70s. It took decades of conservative law-and-order policies to get crime back to near-1950s levels.

It's similarly pointless to treat all Americans as if they're potential terrorists while trying to find and confiscate anything that could be used as a weapon. We can't search all passengers for explosives because Muslims stick explosives up their anuses. (Talk about jobs Americans just won't do.)

You have to search for the terrorists.​

Engaging as always, that's Miss Coulter.

TFred

bom1911

We can't search all passengers for explosives because Muslims stick explosives up their anuses. (Talk about jobs Americans just won't do.)

TFred

In that case, there is no reason that a cavity search should not be the next safety measure from the geniuses. While they are at it, best search everyone that gets near an airport. Safety first right.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

A few things Anne is missing. The sexual revolution with millions of unwanted youth and single mother families coincided with skyrocketing crime.

Legalized abortion seems to have stemmed that tide.

Read-Freakonomics for the complete break down on this.

P.S. I abhor abortion personally but facts are facts.

SFCRetired

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/744426

What Israel can teach us about security, a very good read and it is something we really need to look into.

A very good read and all I can say is a hearty, "AMEN!!".

Would it not be cost-effective to hire some Israeli experts to set up our airport security and then train our people as they have trained theirs?

zack991

A very good read and all I can say is a hearty, "AMEN!!".

Would it not be cost-effective to hire some Israeli experts to set up our airport security and then train our people as they have trained theirs?
Train our US military to do this job till then and if anything happens most are experts in handling high risk events to begin with and have the training to take down any possible threat.

Last edited:

rodbender

Personally, I think JMB (John Moses Browning) Airlines is in order. One question needs to be asked.

Agent: Are you armed?

Passenger: No

Agent: You should be. Here, take this.

DustoneGT

A few things Anne is missing. The sexual revolution with millions of unwanted youth and single mother families coincided with skyrocketing crime.

Legalized abortion seems to have stemmed that tide.

Read-Freakonomics for the complete break down on this.

P.S. I abhor abortion personally but facts are facts.

No, the drop in crime coincided with an over 400% increase in shall issue states. Crime peaked during the 90s, long after abortion became legal in most places.

TFred

It would certainly be more effective. We Americans must politicize everything. Israel lacks this luxury.
I could not agree more with this.

The pervasive culture of Political Correctness, as well as the entitlement society that we have built here in the United States are only possible when your country is an extremely wealthy and undisputed world power that is immune to attack by foreign enemies. Neither of those conditions are true any longer, but the benefactors of those traits simply do not understand that those were the conditions that allowed them to come about in the first place.

It is ultimately ironic that those who most strongly embrace those traits specifically wish to destroy both of the conditions that allowed them to come to exist in the first place.

TFred

JoeSparky

Centurion
Personally, I think JMB (John Moses Browning) Airlines is in order. One question needs to be asked.

Read this as if it were lines from the Airplane movies spoofing Airport! adding to the question above LOL

ticket agent: "Semi-Auto or Revolver?"
passenger: (insert YOUR answer here)

MKEgal

Personally, I think JMB (John Moses Browning) Airlines is in order.

LOL! I've been saying that to provide real security, airlines should issue every adult passenger a single-shot pistol with plane-safe ammo as they board (& retrieve it as they leave). Pacifists can opt out with no embarassing sexual assaults by the TSA.

Maybe there could be a sub-unit of Frontier Airlines with planes having pistols on their empennage instead of animals: JMB, S&W, Colt... For those who want TRUE safety while flying.

eye95

No need for "plane safe ammo." It is very hard for handgun ammo to significantly damage a commercial airliner. It is very easy for a terrorist who takes over an airliner to damage it and everyone aboard.

I'd rather be on an airplane where I know everyone is armed than be on one where the TSA thinks no one is.

sudden valley gunner

No, the drop in crime coincided with an over 400% increase in shall issue states. Crime peaked during the 90s, long after abortion became legal in most places.

That could be a factor, but it takes years for abortion effect to take place as pointed out in The book freakonomics. There would be no immediate drop you would have to wait 'till the age of the would be unwanted babies grow up old enough to be committing crimes in late teens through 30's to measure the actual effect.

Beretta92FSLady

Coulter-who *yawn* She makes tons of money blaming liberals for everything. I wonder, how did the war on drugs work for Conservatives again (one example (there are many) of Conservative failures)? Utter failure that is...kinda like Coulter's demogoguery is an utter failure in the substance department, but abundant in rhetoric. Just another trash-talker making millions of bucks a year.

TSA looking through our panties, while they are on, is nonsense. But this train left the station under George W. Bush. If the backlash is long lasting, the government will correct itself...chances are, given the short attention span of the average American, plan on being felt-up before boarding a plane.

Last edited:

Slayer of Paper

Coulter-who *yawn* She makes tons of money blaming liberals for everything. I wonder, how did the war on drugs work for Conservatives again (one example (there are many) of Conservative failures)? Utter failure that is...kinda like Coulter's demogoguery is an utter failure in the substance department, but abundant in rhetoric. Just another trash-talker making millions of bucks a year.

TSA looking through our panties, while they are on, is nonsense. But this train left the station under George W. Bush. If the backlash is long lasting, the government will correct itself...chances are, given the short attention span of the average American, plan on being felt-up before boarding a plane.

Oh, I agree, this is squarely in King George's lap. But that doesn't change the fact that Obama and his progressive buddies haven't lifted a finger to do ANYTHING about the curtailment of rights under the previous regime, and in fact, have worked on increasing them. The Patriot Act is still in full force, and as we can see, the nonsense we are required to endure before being allowed to travel about the country is only getting worse and worse. This latest affront is primarily the work of a non-elected bureaucrat deciding that he knows what's best for our safety, with nary a peep from the White House.

rodbender

I agree that the train left the station under Bush 43, but Obama opened the throttle. I thought he said something about not liking the Patriot Act while campaigning. Guess I was on drugs or something because Obama never lies.

Elkad

Author Jerry Pournelle suggests issuing every adult passenger a ball-peen hammer. Hard to poke holes in the plane with it, or negligently shoot a stewardess, but plenty lethal.

eye95

Author Jerry Pournelle suggests issuing every adult passenger a ball-peen hammer. Hard to poke holes in the plane with it, or negligently shoot a stewardess, but plenty lethal.

Poking hole in a plane is not nearly the danger that folks think it is.

Last edited: