Thread: Any new laws in the past year?

Any new laws in the past year?

I am preparing for my annual trip to PA for the opening of rifle buck season. Last year, I could carry openly just about anywhere outside a vehicle, and I could carry, openly or concealed, in a vehicle with my own state CPL. Were there any changes to the law over the past year that merit my attention?

Quote Originally Posted by olypendrew View Post
    I am preparing for my annual trip to PA for the opening of rifle buck season. Last year, I could carry openly just about anywhere outside a vehicle, and I could carry, openly or concealed, in a vehicle with my own state CPL. Were there any changes to the law over the past year that merit my attention?
    Castle doctrine expansion, not law yet though. Check the PA Legis page for HB 1926. A person will have the right to self defense where ever the person has the right to be, including civil immunity for lawful self defense.

The bill is awaiting the governor's signature, non-signing(will still become law) or veto.

There's nothing new since last buck season, as far as I know, that would change any of that.

Which part of the state are you hunting? I'll be in WMU 2, which means a 4 point minimum this year, I think. I'm not sure yet if I'll be lugging a .308 rifle around or instead a .357 MAG. revolver.

I'll be by Oil City. It's Venango County, Cornplanter Township. I'm pretty sure it's still 3 points or better there. I'll have my .30-30, as usual.

I'll be by Oil City. It's Venango County, Cornplanter Township. I'm pretty sure it's still 3 points or better there. I'll have my .30-30, as usual.
    Yeah, I think it's 3 points or better there. I'll be in one of the special WMU's.

Continuing OT in PM...