• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another VERY Successful OC Event in Los Angeles

hgreen

We had about 20 of us get together for dinner tonight at Domenick's Pizza in Rancho PV. The owner is very pro-2A and was delightful!

When we arrived we were greeted by 3-4 brady bunch protesters with signs saying "I don't want guns with my pizza". We invited them to join us for dinner but they opted to stay out in the cold, and boy was it cold (for socal standards).

They also brought news media, so watch the 11pm news tonight for open carry!

Pics are up: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=31782&id=122802434426757

If the brady bunch were so concerned for their safety why were no police called and no e-checks performed??

I posted a story about the evening: http://www.southbayopencarry.org/

KCAL 9 Coverage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHQWf8qWESc

CBS news coverage of last night: http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/vide...o=default&clipId=5310030&flvUri&partnerclipid

RVP News coverage: http://www.pvnews.com/articles/2010/11/19/local_news/news1.txt

Examiner Charles Nichols: http://www.examiner.com/la-in-los-a...number-3-open-carry-no-clash-no-confrontation

Last edited:

Ca Patriot

how did the bradys know about it ? I assume they just monitor this site and your site ?

hgreen

how did the bradys know about it ? I assume they just monitor this site and your site ?

We posted on their facebook page.

I encourage them to come to our future events, it brings us great publicity and makes them look crazy.

Who would stand out in the cold for hours when there is perfectly good hot pizza and a warm restaurant just a door away??

If they were smart enough to actually pro-actively monitor our sites they would have been out our earlier much more controversial events like the Manhattan Beach Fair...

Last edited:

oc4ever

Good job!

I saw the channel 7 news report at 11pm. It was short , mostly neutral but more attention to the Brady' bunch. OC'ing in a low key community like Palos Verdes, is not the same as OC'ing in LAPD occupied land. Somehow I think the nice experience in P.V. would have had a more military style police response if it was held in within the LA city limits if past history shows anything. I am glad you guys had a nice pizza meal, and extra points to the supporting restaurant business owner.

Last edited:

hgreen

I saw the channel 7 news report at 11pm. It was short , mostly neutral but more attention to the Brady' bunch. OC'ing in a low key community like Palos Verdes, is not the same as OC'ing in LAPD occupied land. Somehow I think the nice experience in P.V. would have had a more military style police response if it was held in within the LA city limits if past history shows anything. I am glad you guys had a nice pizza meal, and extra points to the supporting restaurant business owner.

We have personal meetings with LAPD brass in the workings right now, so stay tuned on that note.

coolusername2007

Nice event. I'm calling FUD on the KCAL9 reporter's last statement about not open carrying near schools, public buildings or airports! The only restriction is the 1000' victim disarmament zone around schools, not public buildings or airports.

Last edited:

Gundude

Also FUD on her "wild west" comment. She watched too many episodes of Gunsmoke.
Thats the show where the Marshal hung out in a saloon/whorehouse with the madam, guzzling beer, and there was a quick draw gunfight in every episode.
Chester never did learn how to make coffee.

Last edited:

Mike Hawk

I didn't realize we were "squaring off" against those Bradys. It's always interesting to watch how reporters spin things when you've seen something first hand, and then watch it on the news later.

Like many news reporters, she was attractive until she opened her mouth.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Nice work guys. Be sure to always try to shake the Brady people's hands when you show up. If they refuse and the media runs that video then they'll look worse. I imagine somebody coming out with slices of pizza on paper plates would also make the open carriers look very cool. Hearts and minds people, hearts and minds.

hgreen

Nice work guys. Be sure to always try to shake the Brady people's hands when you show up. If they refuse and the media runs that video then they'll look worse. I imagine somebody coming out with slices of pizza on paper plates would also make the open carriers look very cool. Hearts and minds people, hearts and minds.

LOL you think the media would cover anything to make the brady's look bad???

We spoke to the reporters and camera crew for almost an hour between all of us and they air a 20 second sound bite of the most mundane portion of the entire interview.

The best thing with the media is to NOT do or say anything negative.

Last edited:

Gundude

I didn't realize we were "squaring off" against those Bradys. It's always interesting to watch how reporters spin things when you've seen something first hand, and then watch it on the news later.

Like many news reporters, she was attractive until she opened her mouth.

The more sensational adjectives they use, the more the ratings go up.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer

Agreed. Provided you are not instigating a shouting match or easily provoked in confrontation, showing love and compassion could deflate their sense of righteous indignation in their protest.

Also...it's very difficult to conceal the dispairty of participation in all the news coverage. 20 or more supporters of open carry v. 3 Brady moms? What would be even more devastating than a bunch of men carrying, would be 3 Mommies carrying to protect their young, a single physically disabled carrier, or any number of minority proponents.

While Mr Green was articulate and was prepared to provide a cogent sound bite for the media, he is a fit caucasian middle aged male... someone who that is difficult to argue (in the court of public opinion) has an immediate need for self-defense.

hgreen

Agreed. Provided you are not instigating a shouting match or easily provoked in confrontation, showing love and compassion could deflate their sense of righteous indignation in their protest.

Also...it's very difficult to conceal the dispairty of participation in all the news coverage. 20 or more supporters of open carry v. 3 Brady moms? What would be even more devastating than a bunch of men carrying, would be 3 Mommies carrying to protect their young, a single physically disabled carrier, or any number of minority proponents.

While Mr Green was articulate and was prepared to provide a cogent sound bite for the media, he is a fit caucasian middle aged male... someone who that is difficult to argue (in the court of public opinion) has an immediate need for self-defense.

Middle aged?!?
When did 25 count as middle aged?