• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Real life superheroes patrolling our streets

TheJeepster

I have had similar thoughts (sans costume) of a group or society of like minded individuals who stand up for themselves and others.

This group would watchdog not only criminals but incorrect police actions against citizens as well.

Anyone interested in more details?

Prophet

I have had similar thoughts (sans costume) of a group or society of like minded individuals who stand up for themselves and others.

This group would watchdog not only criminals but incorrect police actions against citizens as well.

Anyone interested in more details?

If there are no kickass costumes, then whats the point?

amlevin

what about an individual or group of individual who hunt down and lynch a person they KNOW has committed a horrible offense, such as a rape or murder? Knowing = visibly witnessed it happen.

Depends on how "healthy" they are when they are delivered to the Police.

Points are deducted for loss of limbs or pints of blood.

Leatherneck

Being a good witness is not enough because these RLSH will not identify themselves. Maybe they should resort to kicking the crap outta the perp and tying them up for the cops to retrieve. You know... like Batman does!

amzbrady

Lets not leave out Yosemite Sam Now!
yosemite_sam-logo-552BB0076C-seeklogo.com.gif

Stop breathing on my you idiget... You long eared, fur bearing, flatfotted Varmit... For any one of you lilly livered bow legged varmits care teh slap leather with me, in case any of ya get any idears, ya better know yer dealin with. I'm tha' hootiness, tootiness, shootiness bob tailed wild cat in the west. I'm tha' fastest gun north, south, east, andddd west of tha' pecos. I'm Yosemite Sam, the meanest, toughest, rip-roarin'-est, Edward Everett Horton-est hombre what ever packed a six-shooter!

Deleted_User

Stop breathing on my you idiget... You long eared, fur bearing, flatfotted Varmit... For any one of you lilly livered bow legged varmits care teh slap leather with me, in case any of ya get any idears, ya better know yer dealin with. I'm tha' hootiness, tootiness, shootiness bob tailed wild cat in the west. I'm tha' fastest gun north, south, east, andddd west of tha' pecos. I'm Yosemite Sam, the meanest, toughest, rip-roarin'-est, Edward Everett Horton-est hombre what ever packed a six-shooter!

+1 if you can remember all that tomorrow :)

Hammer

Here's what I want to know- if you're a superhero wearing a bunch of ballistic armor, and somebody starts shootin' at ya, do ya duck for cover or rush 'em and give 'em the Karate Kid treatment?
And, if ya dress up like Batman will all kinds of sound effects accompany a "save" of a citizen?
BONK! ZOIK! ZAM-ZAM-ZOWIE! and lots more I've forgotten, it's been so long since I watched Batman....

amzbrady

Super hero's should open carry.

Now this thread has something to do with open carry...

""""Hammer
Here's what I want to know- if you're a superhero wearing a bunch of ballistic armor, and somebody starts shootin' at ya, do ya duck for cover or rush 'em and give 'em the Karate Kid treatment?
And, if ya dress up like Batman will all kinds of sound effects accompany a "save" of a citizen?
BONK! ZOIK! ZAM-ZAM-ZOWIE! and lots more I've forgotten, it's been so long since I watched Batman.... """""

My favorite was always POW which usually involved a hook, or upper cut.

Aaron1124

I posted it on the Washington forum, because I doubt many people from Washington regularly check this forum, and most people aren't interested in news articles that don't involve surrounding cities of their own.

Moderator Note: Understand the intent; however, please note rule below - thank you.

(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules