• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Online Petition to repeal 941.23 200 signitures and growing

LOERetired

200 Total Signatures :monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey
Growing and growing the petition to repeal 941.23
Sign the petition today @
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?13359477

To: The Legislature and Governor of the State of Wisconsin

The people of Wisconsin demand that Wisconsin Statute 941.23 be repealed as it is unconstitutional on its face and in violation of Article I, Section 25 of the Wisconsin Constitution and the Second and Fourteenth Amendments of the United States Constitution as was decided in the United States Supreme Court decisions in District of Columbia v. Heller, 128 S. Ct. 2783 (2008), McDonald v. City of Chicago No. 08-1521 (U.S. June 28, 2010, and most recently in Wisconsin under State v. Donald L. Schultz, 2010 WI App 124 Jon M. Counsell Circuit Court Judge presiding for Clark County.

The people of Wisconsin demand their constitutional right to keep and bear arms which is a fundamental right, not created by the Second Amendment, but secured or recognized by it. The right to keep and bear arms is therefore not to be abridged by any State law. Wisconsin Statute 941.23 must be repealed under the application of the Fourteenth Amendment. Therefore, the people of Wisconsin demand the right to keep and bear arms for self defense and protection, whether open or concealed and to enjoy that right without imposing any governmental restrictions in doing so.

Sincerely,
The Undersigned :cool:

Lurchiron

Call the plumber

Up to 207 now.

Don't see that Doug Huffman has signed.

Doug, I urge you to sign the petition . . .let's get it moving in the right direction.

Don't ya hate it when ya flush the toilet, but there's always one big 'Ol Ugly turd still floatin 'round.

M

McX

ditto, copied and pasted over to the book.

added on edit; from the old cheech and chong: Oldman, sign zee papers! Would you like zee cigarette oldman?

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

Don, this petition will NOT get lots of sig's if this is the only forum it is posted on. Maybe Nick should email out a notice and a link to this petition to help out.

I hereby, nominate you, to be elected by WCI membership to the WCI BOD. Your tireless effort is not unnoticed by many of us.

BROKENSPROKET

I thought it would be alot higher.

How many websites has this petition been posted on?

WTF? I signed the petition and it gave me a number of 232. I got an email from Ole Olson, aka Fireball 357 on OCDO, with a link to the petition. I looked at who signed it and I am not 232. I am not even on the list.

WisconsinCCCW.org show 788 sigs. Is there more than one petition?

J.Gleason

Banned
WTF? I signed the petition and it gave me a number of 232. I got an email from Ole Olson, aka Fireball 357 on OCDO, with a link to the petition. I looked at who signed it and I am not 232. I am not even on the list.

There are many. We need to be on the same page and combine the signatures. Problem is everyone is thinking about who is gonna win instead of thinking about all of us winning. The authors will need to get together and combine the signatures.

Hopefully there will not be a lot of repeat signatures in the end

Last edited:

LOERetired

One is for concealed carry and the other, mine is to repeal Wisconsin Statute 941.23 so, basically they are getting attacked from both angles.

Don

LOERetired

Don, this petition will NOT get lots of sig's if this is the only forum it is posted on. Maybe Nick should email out a notice and a link to this petition to help out.

I hereby, nominate you, to be elected by WCI membership to the WCI BOD. Your tireless effort is not unnoticed by many of us.

I've posted the link on many forums in Wisconsin

Don