• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun-mounted flashlight blamed in fatal Plano police shooting

MK

I am kind of surprised that everyone is just taking the killer's word on this. Sometimes suspects are unarmed and are shot by officers with itchy trigger fingers, nervous, or think they see the target reaching for something. Look at the biker in Montana who was paralyzed on video by a police officer pointing his gun at him or look at Oscar Grant. If there isn't video of the event, than the officer and any of his partners on the scene are now open to give whatever accounting of the event they wish to give.

I am not saying that the story is a complete fabrication but I am also saying that it is a possibility especially with the tremendous consequences possible should he be charged with a crime. I think he should be charged with a crime, myself.

eye95

We don't have just the officer's word. A grand jury met, heard the evidence in the case, and made a decision. I doubt anyone accepts what the officer says completely.