• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry - Minor Incident

redlinestg2

I went into the Shiloh Diner, in Shiloh Ohio to eat my lunch. I openly carried my Glock 23 on my hip in my Desantis Speed Draw holster. I stayed for about an hour and as I was getting up to leave the cook which is also the owner of the resturant, came over to me and said I would appreciate it if you didnt bring your gun in here again. I told him I wouldn't but he had to put a gun buster sign on the front door. I told him that a lot of people that do come in there and concealing and once he puts that sign up, hes going to see a drop in business. So I guess I may have ruined it for everyone there who does carry a firearm but I was just doing what I do on a daily basis. So if any of you know where that diner is, the gun buster should be going up soon. Sorry guys.

JSlack7851

The way its written, ORC. The GB sticker only applies to CC, NOT OC.

Get a copy of that restaurant story, in Georgia, that wasn't robbed b/c of OC'iers in side. Cops caught the (2)car loads of armed robbers waiting behind the restaurant for the OC'iers to leave. Give that restaurant owner that paper and leave it up to him after that.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-atlanta/open-carry-deters-armed-robbery-kennesaw

There, I'm not as lazy as I thought I was....

redlinestg2

JSlack

As you are correct as far as OC not being controlled by the GB signs. He is the owner and asked me not to bring it in again. With it being his diner he can say what goes and what doesnt. I will not be returning since I cannot keep myself armed in his establishment. Shiloh is just a small "Po-dunk" town in the middle of nowhere... do I think a robber will come in? Probably not. But the time you let your guard down is when something bad happens.

Last edited:

justherenow

Why would you ruin it for everyone? That is not the way to win the battle, makes it harder for your fellow carriers and for those of us trying to remove signs, this is just more work for us.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

zack991

Why would you ruin it for everyone? That is not the way to win the battle, makes it harder for your fellow carriers and for those of us trying to remove signs, this is just more work for us.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Honestly he did not ruin it for anyone, the man does not want any firearms on his premises and why would you wish to give funds to whom that support that stupidity.Overall he will save you from being charged with a misdemeanor, he may have asked him to leave but he may press charges on the next person. Let him learn the hard way, he will lose business because of it and will likely be robbed because of it. Whats to say if you had used your gun defensibly in his diner that he does not sue you for any and all damages. The only way you will change their mind is their pocket book and their first hand account with being robbed.

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Honestly he did not ruin it for anyone, the man does not want any firearms on his premises and why would you wish to give funds to whom that support that stupidity.Overall he will save you from being charged with a misdemeanor, he may have asked him to leave but he may press charges on the next person. Let him learn the hard way, he will lose business because of it and will likely be robbed because of it. Whats to say if you had used your gun defensibly in his diner that he does not sue you for any and all damages. The only way you will change their mind is their pocket book and their first hand account with being robbed.

Correct....
When you start reaching into a liberals pocket, they usually get the message.