• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Printing?

Phssthpok

I've read the actual TEXT of the law here in FL RE: OC.

Is there any established 'precedent' RE: printing even though the sidearm is not directly visible?

brboyer

I've read the actual TEXT of the law here in FL RE: OC.

Is there any established 'precedent' RE: printing even though the sidearm is not directly visible?

The crime of 'Printing' does not exist in Florida.

“Concealed firearm” means any firearm, as defined in subsection (6), which is carried on or about a person in such a manner as to conceal the firearm from the ordinary sight of another person.

The Florida Supreme Court has stated:
The critical question turns on whether an individual, standing near a person with a firearm or beside a vehicle in which a person with a firearm is seated, may by ordinary observation know the questioned object to be a firearm.

brboyer

I see no firearms in these photo's...so therefore they must be concealed.

The Florida Supreme Court said a firearm is not concealed if. . .
The critical question turns on whether an individual, standing near a person with a firearm or beside a vehicle in which a person with a firearm is seated, may by ordinary observation know the questioned object to be a firearm.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Ah, so I'm not a liar..... How long did that take to find? Did I not say it was case law?

I am not the fact welfare. You berated me publicly claiming that this does not exist and that I'm a loony for suggesting it, and here you are citing it yourself...........

brboyer

ah, so i'm not a liar..... How long did that take to find? Did i not say it was case law?

I am not the fact welfare. You berated me publicly claiming that this does not exist and that i'm a loony for suggesting it, and here you are citing it yourself...........

wtf?

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
Ah, so I'm not a liar..... How long did that take to find? Did I not say it was case law?

I am not the fact welfare. You berated me publicly claiming that this does not exist and that I'm a loony for suggesting it, and here you are citing it yourself...........

what-the-hell-talking.jpg

Attachments

• what-the-hell-talking.jpg
    what-the-hell-talking.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
You cannot possibly be pretending to forget what you've done and said here!

You two should be Politicians. What a steaming load.

2 Samuel 22

Couldn't printing be classified as improper exhibition of dangerous weapons or firearms as exhibiting in a "careless" manner?

790.10 Improper exhibition of dangerous weapons or firearms.--If any person having or carrying any dirk, sword, sword cane, firearm, electric weapon or device, or other weapon shall, in the presence of one or more persons, exhibit the same in a rude, careless, angry, or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense, the person so offending shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

brboyer

Couldn't printing be classified as improper exhibition of dangerous weapons or firearms as exhibiting in a "careless" manner?

790.10 Improper exhibition of dangerous weapons or firearms.--If any person having or carrying any dirk, sword, sword cane, firearm, electric weapon or device, or other weapon shall, in the presence of one or more persons, exhibit the same in a rude, careless, angry, or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense, the person so offending shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

No.