Thread: Glock 29 and the 10mm

Glock 29 and the 10mm

Anyone have any experience with 10mm, specifically with the Glock 29?

Your experiences?

Recommendations for or against?

Other 10mm handguns to consider?

Thanks in advance.

10MM Glocks

I have a G29 and a G20. Both are great. Only bad thing with 10mm is the choise of ammo avaliable. I get mine from Double Tap and it is great ammo. I believe a better choise for self defence is the 45acp (G21). Ammo is available anyware in the world.
    Good luck and happy shooting. Remember a warm Glock is a happy Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGunMan View Post
    I have a G29 and a G20. Both are great. Only bad thing with 10mm is the choise of ammo avaliable. I get mine from Double Tap and it is great ammo. I believe a better choise for self defence is the 45acp (G21). Ammo is available anyware in the world.
    Good luck and happy shooting. Remember a warm Glock is a happy Glock.
    thanks.

I have a .45 for self defense already, this is more for fun. thanks for the ammo advice, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    Anyone have any experience with 10mm, specifically with the Glock 29?

Your experiences?

Recommendations for or against?

Other 10mm handguns to consider?

Thanks in advance.
    I have had positive experiences with the Glock 20 and it has never failed me. I mostly use it in the woods and mountains while hiking/backpacking for animal defense in Alaska. The type of handgun completely depends on your price range. You could buy a very dependable firearm in a Glock or a Witness in 10mm that run around $600, new. Or you could go high-end and spend $2500 on a Wilson Combat 1911. There are several manufacturers, makes, and models and it totally depends on the platform that you prefer.

I chose the Glock because I knew that I would be busting brush, sweating on it, and exposing the firearm to severe weather. It still looks new after several years.

As for the cartridge itself, it is awesome. I personally use Double Tap ammunition and I enjoy the feel and power of the 10mm.
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    PM agent19. He can offer a wealth of information about the 10mm.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

I've been wanting a 10mm since I learned what guns are.

My aversion to Glock has nearly been overcome. And the only reason I don't own a 10mm. I was 'this close' to buying one just a few days ago. I know my willpower won't last much longer. I already have several hundred rounds of brass, projectiles, powder, primers.....

After looking at the 10mm options out there, I am forced to admit that the Glock is by far the best option unless you're a millionaire. and even then, the pricier alternatives aren't really better, just "hey, look how much money I have to waste" kind of things....

If you just buy ammo, it's probably not the gun for you. The ammo price will make you realize just how expensive the expensive guns aren't by comparison. For re-loaders, it's win on a stick.

Buy the glock 10mm, I know I will and I'm a 1911 purist...

my usual carry gun is a Glock29sf I pack nossler JHP 180 gr ,from double tap .

Double tap ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Xion View Post
    my usual carry gun is a Glock29sf I pack nossler JHP 180 gr ,from double tap .
    Use the double tap 230gr equalizer. It has two projectiles 135gr hollow point and a 95 gr round ball at about 1,000fps more knockdown power than a 40 and will not over penetrate, and manageable recoil for fast follow up shots. I have a glock 20 with a lone wolf 6 1/2 in barrel, a Dan Wesson 1911 and a S@W 610 revolver and a 14in barrel for my Encore. In the 14 in Encore with my hand loads I can get some wicked performance out of the 10mm. 200 gr at 1500 fps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Birdman View Post
    Use the double tap 230gr equalizer. It has two projectiles 135gr hollow point and a 95 gr round ball at about 1,000fps more knockdown power than a 40 and will not over penetrate, and manageable recoil for fast follow up shots. I have a glock 20 with a lone wolf 6 1/2 in barrel, a Dan Wesson 1911 and a S@W 610 revolver and a 14in barrel for my Encore. In the 14 in Encore with my hand loads I can get some wicked performance out of the 10mm. 200 gr at 1500 fps.
    I was thinking those would be a self defense disaster prone to over penetrate. if im wrong I would love to put those sukers in her.

From what I've read, and would appreciate confirmation, many 10mm rounds are just .40 loads in a bigger case. One has to seek out or construct loads that represent the original 10mm power.

double tap offers true 10mm that's what I pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Xion View Post
    double tap offers true 10mm that's what I pack.
    Underwoodammo.com has some really good stuff. In my opinion doubletap has been going downhill these last couple years.

Too bad underwood is always out of stock on everything .