• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So long UN Small Arms Treaty; Hello ISACS

since9

Campaign Veteran
Whereas the UN Small Arms Treaty was primarily targeted at military arms, ISACS includes provisions restricting the sale and ownership of both handguns as well as handgun ammunition.

Two of the more disturbing provisions include:

- Create a set of benchmarks against which to measure the implementation of global small arms commitments

- Provide a basis for the development of national small arms control standards.

In their defense, they claim it will help benefit "legitimate" small arms trade by helping curb illicit trade. The problem is, they don't define what's legitimate, and what's illicit. Are sales to national militaries considered "legitimate" while sales to private citizens "illicit?"

What really scares me is Table 1 (pg 5) - Working Outline of ISACS, which discusses destruction of both weapons and ammunition, "stockpile management" (what - now we can't own more than, say, 100 rounds?), and Designing and Implementing National Action Plans.

To be honest, this has all the earmarks of a way to empower nations around the world to eliminate small arms from their citizens in a programmed, systematic manner, while allowing the governments of those nations to retain small arms for their own purpose...

...precisely the opposite balance of power envisioned by our Founding Fathers.

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." - George Mason, Co-author of the Second Amendment during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

More

Yet more

Last edited: