Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 74

Thread: ak pistol capable of hitting a target over a mile away

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brentwood, Tennessee
    Posts
    1,956

    ak pistol capable of hitting a target over a mile away

    I learn new things every day. Did you know that 7.62x39mm ammunition, made by winchester and sold by Walmart, is high powered rifle ammunition and is capable of hitting a target at over a mile away when shot from an ak pistol with an 11.5 inch barrel?

    I guess the AK pistol wins the ar v ak battle.

    Cite coming March 2011.

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by kwikrnu View Post
    I learn new things every day. Did you know that 7.62x39mm ammunition, made by winchester and sold by Walmart, is high powered rifle ammunition and is capable of hitting a target at over a mile away when shot from an ak pistol with an 11.5 inch barrel?

    I guess the AK pistol wins the ar v ak battle.

    Cite coming March 2011.
    What size target? A battleship?
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  3. #3
    Regular Member rodbender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Navasota, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    What size target? A battleship?
    No, an aircraft carrier. A .22 long rifle has an effective range of.....you guessed it, one mile. Whatever effective range means.
    Last edited by rodbender; 11-20-2010 at 07:21 PM.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brentwood, Tennessee
    Posts
    1,956
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    No, an aircraft carrier. A .22 long rifle has an effective range of.....you guessed it, one mile.
    There is no way a .22lr has an effective range of one mile. Maybe a range of one mile, but not definately not effective. If you do not agree please provide evidence that a target can be effectively engaged at that distance. Effective probably means the bullet has some type of effect on the target. In this case the effect should be one of being able to wound or kill.
    Last edited by kwikrnu; 11-20-2010 at 07:28 PM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    welll,,,

    i saw a well known trick shootist shoot a balloon with a 38 snubby at one mile on tv.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brentwood, Tennessee
    Posts
    1,956
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    i saw a well known trick shootist shoot a balloon with a 38 snubby at one mile on tv.
    Bob Munden at 200 yards...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tied-...layer_embedded

  7. #7
    Regular Member rodbender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Navasota, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by kwikrnu View Post
    There is no way a .22lr has an effective range of one mile. Maybe a range of one mile, but not definately not effective. If you do not agree please provide evidence that a target can be effectively engaged at that distance. Effective probably means the bullet has some type of effect on the target. In this case the effect should be one of being able to wound or kill.
    Haven't looked in a while, but that's what it used to say on every box of .22LR I bought.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

  8. #8
    Regular Member rodbender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Navasota, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    i saw a well known trick shootist shoot a balloon with a 38 snubby at one mile on tv.
    Hot air balloon?
    Last edited by rodbender; 11-20-2010 at 08:03 PM.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Western, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    308
    At least the rest of us can carry an ak pistol, if we wanted to

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brentwood, Tennessee
    Posts
    1,956
    Quote Originally Posted by catass View Post
    At least the rest of us can carry an ak pistol, if we wanted to
    I can carry one too, just not in Tennessee.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Western, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by kwikrnu View Post
    I can carry one too, just not in Tennessee.
    why not? *bats eyelashes*
    Quote Originally Posted by Open Carry.org Member View Post
    I really disgree with this one! That means that we can have any yahoo running around with a gun with out the proper training. This really scares the hell out of me. Just my two-cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    Joe Schmedlap out there with a loaded weapon thinking he's going to deter crime and he's not even trained to fire his weapon safely just kinda makes my hair on the back of my neck stand up.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brentwood, Tennessee
    Posts
    1,956
    Quote Originally Posted by catass View Post
    why not? *bats eyelashes*
    Because the Tennessee government does not recognize the Second Amendment Right to bear arms.

  13. #13
    Regular Member rodbender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Navasota, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Sample
    I really disgree with this one! That means that we can have any yahoo running around with a gun with out the proper training. This really scares the hell out of me. Just my two-cents!
    Ivan, your 2 cents ain't worth 2 spits, not around here anyway.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    Ivan, your 2 cents ain't worth 2 spits, not around here anyway.
    You realize you are arguing with a signature?

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by kwikrnu View Post
    Because the Tennessee government does not recognize the Second Amendment Right to bear arms.
    Seems they go by Tennessee's constitution which states they can "regulate the wearing of arms" in section 26.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brentwood, Tennessee
    Posts
    1,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    Seems they go by Tennessee's constitution which states they can "regulate the wearing of arms" in section 26.
    It was decided in 1871 by the Tennessee Supreme Court, in Andrews v State, that regulation is not prohibition. By prohibiting me from carrying a loaded handgun in public they do not recognize the Second Amendment.

  17. #17
    Regular Member rodbender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Navasota, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    You realize you are arguing with a signature?
    Yes, a signature often reflects a personal feeling of the poster. I was just responding to her dumb assed signature.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by kwikrnu View Post
    There is no way a .22lr has an effective range of one mile. Maybe a range of one mile, but not definately not effective. If you do not agree please provide evidence that a target can be effectively engaged at that distance. Effective probably means the bullet has some type of effect on the target. In this case the effect should be one of being able to wound or kill.
    "effective" means that if someone fires the 22 at just the right angle and the bullet travels one mile and comes down and strikes you in the eye that you could shoot yer eye out kid!

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brentwood, Tennessee
    Posts
    1,956
    Quote Originally Posted by 6L6GC View Post
    "effective" means that if someone fires the 22 at just the right angle and the bullet travels one mile and comes down and strikes you in the eye that you could shoot yer eye out kid!
    Which is what I said. Now, were you targeting the eye, or was it a random shot?

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by 6L6GC View Post
    "effective" means that if someone fires the 22 at just the right angle and the bullet travels one mile and comes down and strikes you in the eye that you could shoot yer eye out kid!
    Someone posted videos of accurate shots from over a mile. I do not recall the caliber.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Western, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    Yes, a signature often reflects a personal feeling of the poster. I was just responding to his dumb assed signature.
    Fixed it for you. My signature is what an OCDO member posted in the Kentucky section of the forum ..his thoughts on unlicensed concealed carry are rather ironic, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Open Carry.org Member View Post
    I really disgree with this one! That means that we can have any yahoo running around with a gun with out the proper training. This really scares the hell out of me. Just my two-cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    Joe Schmedlap out there with a loaded weapon thinking he's going to deter crime and he's not even trained to fire his weapon safely just kinda makes my hair on the back of my neck stand up.

  22. #22
    Regular Member rodbender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Navasota, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by catass View Post
    Fixed it for you. My signature is what an OCDO member posted in the Kentucky section of the forum ..his thoughts on unlicensed concealed carry are rather ironic, eh?
    Excuse me, please. With a user name like that, I figured you for a female.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    2,247
    I have heard of people arguing with sign posts before but arguing with a signature is a new one. Evidently some people just love to argue over anything.

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brentwood, Tennessee
    Posts
    1,956
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Someone posted videos of accurate shots from over a mile. I do not recall the caliber.
    Not with an ak pistol or a .22lr pistol or rifle.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Someone posted videos of accurate shots from over a mile. I do not recall the caliber.
    My guesses would be either a .50 Barrett (or similar), or a good .308 heavy barrel sniper rifle.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •