• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone interested in a Milwaukee-area pancake breakfast?

Which date & place?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MKEgal

See post #24 for full details:

SAT the 18th of DEC
08:30 - 10:00
164th & Bluemound, Brookfield, WI

If you're planning to attend, please PM me or post here to be added to the head count.
I need to tell the manager by Wed. the 1st.

Last edited:

MKEgal

as long as it isnt a Culvers.

a) I don't think they do breakfast
b) It wasn't the restaurant that was the problem.

Another reason for going to this IHOP is that the station where my friend the motorcycle cop is assigned is just a mile or so away. I'll let him know, & invite them to come visit.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I'm thinking maybe SAT 04DEC or SUN 05DEC (which, yes, would be the same day as the Delafield coffee, but would be in the morning).

First place that comes to mind is the IHOP by the baseball stadium, but I'd be open to other suggestions. Too bad Heineman's closed. :( They did really good food.

That IHOP is easy to find, easy access from the freeway, etc. If there's interest, I'll check to see if we can get a section set aside, and (of course) warn them that most of us will be armed while spending our money there. (Can someone give me contact info for the guy from Lizzie's, to give as a reference?)

There's also a Starbuck's 2 doors down (literally - next is a McD's, then a strip mall which starts w/ Starbuck's).

Actually, there's a Dells IHOP thing on 12/4 and the Delavan Starbucks on 12/5. Delafield is 12/12. I would like to come to your event I just can't on those 3 days and Sunday mornings are generally out for me.

MKEgal

How about SAT the 18th?
Also, if we want to tempt fate, I found reference to a place called "The Original Pancake House" which is at 164th & Bluemound (between Calhoun & Moorland) in Brookfield. (Hey, we'll have lots of witnesses! Everybody bring your favorite piece of recording equipment.)

Reviews seem to be good, better than IHOP, so if they're OK with setting aside a place for a small group, plus having armed customers, I think this looks good.

http://www.originalpancakehouse.com/images/locations/MG_Breakfast.pdf
Prices are mostly between $6 - 9 for entrees, & they have QUITE a selection.

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

How about SAT the 18th?
Also, if we want to tempt fate, I found reference to a place called "The Original Pancake House" which is at 164th & Bluemound (between Calhoun & Moorland) in Brookfield. (Hey, we'll have lots of witnesses!)

Reviews seem to be good, better than IHOP, so if they're OK with setting aside a place for a small group, plus having armed customers, I think this looks good.

http://www.originalpancakehouse.com/images/locations/MG_Breakfast.pdf
Prices are mostly between $6 - 9 for entrees, & they have QUITE a selection.

I am good with both the date and the place! I would assume we would have to give a head count though.

range rat

I'm thinking maybe SAT 04DEC or SUN 05DEC (which, yes, would be the same day as the Delafield coffee, but would be in the morning).

First place that comes to mind is the IHOP by the baseball stadium, but I'd be open to other suggestions. Too bad Heineman's closed. :( They did really good food.

That IHOP is easy to find, easy access from the freeway, etc. If there's interest, I'll check to see if we can get a section set aside, and (of course) warn them that most of us will be armed while spending our money there. (Can someone give me contact info for the guy from Lizzie's, to give as a reference?)

There's also a Starbuck's 2 doors down (literally - next is a McD's, then a strip mall which starts w/ Starbuck's).

Hey I'm up for this !!! Both the 4th an 18th of Dec, are good. Both the 5th an 19th [ Sunday ] are my o.t. Work days at Quad, no can do those days...

MKEgal

OK... finally used the brains god gave a kumquat & added a poll.
(RETEST!!*)
I'm leaning toward the 18th in Brookfield, given of course that they can & will accomodate us.

*Extra points if you can identify the organization to which I'm referring.

Last edited:

LR Yote 312

George Webb does serve pancakes too, as long as we don't go to Sussex.
or Madison. i just aint in the mood to get 'proned out'.

I wouldnt recommend the Cudahy Webs then .
Cudahy might not prone ya out but they sure do like to use cuffs and waste your time.:banghead:

As for the date and location I really cant answer. Depends on the mood of the State and if they decide to cut me an unemployment check.

LR Yote

protias

I wouldnt recommend the Cudahy Webs then .
Cudahy might not prone ya out but they sure do like to use cuffs and waste your time.:banghead:

As for the date and location I really cant answer. Depends on the mood of the State and if they decide to cut me an unemployment check.

LR Yote
Then they'd be fighting an uphill battle.

The Sussex Webbs has a small sign INSIDE, next to the register. You'd have to really be looking for it in order to see it.

MKEgal

The Sussex Webbs has a small sign INSIDE, next to the register. You'd have to really be looking for it in order to see it.

When we were out there at the Chinese buffet Webbs had a piece of paper on their door saying something like "yes it's your right, but we don't want it here". Big bold type. I went & stood at the door, hoping to talk with an employee or manager about it, and nobody would come talk with me.

protias

When we were out there at the Chinese buffet Webbs had a piece of paper on their door saying something like "yes it's your right, but we don't want it here". Big bold type. I went & stood at the door, hoping to talk with an employee or manager about it, and nobody would come talk with me.
They've since removed the sign outside, same with the tanning salon. I have no idea if the tanning salon has one inside though, but there are no signs on the outside.

Have Gun - Will Carry

Did anyone mention a time to meet? I scanned the thread a couple times, but I didn't see one.

Don't know whether or not I can make it. We have a meeting in Big Bend at 1:00 on the 18th, but that leaves plenty of time to get there afterward. Problem is, I may or may not be out late the night before, so if it's not until 11-ish the chances increase. Anyone up for brunch? ;)