• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lone Star Citizens Defense League website is Live!

Fisherman

BTW - Thanks for the great response everyone. Folks are signing up and the other day, we even had someone sign up from Florida! If you haven't signed up yet, please do.

We're also looking for volunteers from the membership to help out. There is a lot to do. For instance, I wouldn't mind having another guy or gal who has solid experience with marketing, a writer or two, etc. LOL You can e-mail the the secretary from the website's contact page. Everyone will get a response.

Thank you for your support.

Last edited:

HeroHog

Congratulations! Looking good so far. I hope you have the same success as the VCDL has had and can draw the kind of members that they have.

KBCraig

I was one of the early joiners, then received an email notice that my dues would be refunded (changing payment systems, or something).

I'm not sure what my status is now, whether I'm a member or not.

Fisherman

I was one of the early joiners, then received an email notice that my dues would be refunded (changing payment systems, or something).

I'm not sure what my status is now, whether I'm a member or not.

There was a hickup with some PayPal settings (had to argue with them for a few days) and it's fixed now. Sometime soon (maybe a month), we'll get away from PayPal and get a merchant account and gateway of our own.

Thanks Herodog. We've gotten some pointers from VCDL and AZCDL. They've both been a big help.

HeroHog

Glad to assist, after all, I was born in Texas! We lived in Waco and I was born in Richmond, TX in 57. We left right after either Camile or Betsy (whichever came 1st) for Lafayette Louisiana. I still have several friends in the state of Texas and find myself over there every now and then so I try to keep up with y'all just to stay safe ya know?

Fisherman

I must have checked that website 100 times. Nothing seems to change. Whats happening with LSCDL?

Sorry. I got real busy with work. What we really need is some volunteers to help. What I need specifically for help with the website is one or two experienced writers. They would communicate with us, write the article, send it to me, I'd edit it if needed and put it up on the site. If someone is interested, just PM me with qualifications and phone number. Even if you aren't an experienced writer, we could use your help. Include in your PM any qualifications and what you want to help out with.

Texas is a big place and there's a lot to do!

pooley

Sorry. I got real busy with work. What we really need is some volunteers to help. What I need specifically for help with the website is one or two experienced writers. They would communicate with us, write the article, send it to me, I'd edit it if needed and put it up on the site. If someone is interested, just PM me with qualifications and phone number. Even if you aren't an experienced writer, we could use your help. Include in your PM any qualifications and what you want to help out with.

Texas is a big place and there's a lot to do!

Yeah, LSCDL is coming along very nicely. They even found a job for somebody like me!! I've enjoyed it there so far. Everyone is friendly, helpful & we're all bound by a common goal. Get every last scrap of pro-gun legislation passed into law including open carry once it's introduced!

EDIT: There are some parts of the forum there you can't see unless you're a member & by some odd stroke of fate that's where nearly all the activity is right now. Even if you don't want to be active, sign up! See what we have to offer & every penny of the dues goes straight toward getting our rights restored.

Last edited:

jecsd1

I Agree with pooley! So far there seems to be good things happening at LSCDL. TSRA it seems is not willing to push OC so let's back these guys that are.