• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AMF Lanes - Lynchburg, VA: Armed Self / Family Protection Means Not Allowed!

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I got a call about 2 hours ago from Cathy Seeger (I believe I got her last name correct) who is the AMF Regional Manager for AMF Lynchburg Lanes. She was apologetic for the inconvenience that I experienced at the AMF Lanes, she said that she had spoken with the AMF legal team regarding their policy on firearms. The AMF policy, which has been in effect since December, 2005 is to prohibit firearms from being carried by both employees and customers in all cases. I asked if AMF made any exception for off-duty police who came in as customers and she confirmed that off-duty police get no special consideration and would be asked to leave or disarm just the same as anyone else who was discovered carrying a firearm. Ms. Seeger (sp?) was polite in her conversation, but needless to say I am disappointed by the result of the conversation.

This confirms that it is AMF corporate policy to leave both their customers and their employees of all sorts disarmed in a place where many people might consider taking their families and loved ones and wish to keep them safe. It reveals that we have another company that wants our money without leaving us a means of protection. Let your dollars do the talking and take your bowling elsewhere.

Why not take a moment to let AMF know what you think?

http://www.amf.com/corporate/inquiries/contact.amfx