Thread: First time looking to open carrie

green bay

First time looking to open carrie

First time looking to open carrie.Does any one know if there is a planned get togther in or by Green Bay Wi ? Or know who to get a hold of ? THANK FOR THE HELP

High altitude of Vernon County, ,
    Welcome, glad to have you with us. Not sure of an event but here is a list of people willing to help you with your first oc experience.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

West Allis, WI
    As far as I know, there are no events planned for Green Bay, but I know at least 2-3 members up there.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

West Coast of Wisconsin
    Read through the links on the bottom of Protias' post. Learn the laws. Obey the laws. You either have or will purchase an appropriate holster with a retention system, for open carry and you will have a gun that you are familiar and proficient with. I do not recommend paddle holsters and favor belt holsters. You may wish to take a course. This site has a cornucopia of information. Use the search function.

I learned the laws when I started to carry in Wisconsin and have done so for several years. I carry a stainless steel 1911 in 45ACP. I carry in Condition One. That is; full mag inserted in mag well, one round chambered, cocked and locked, ready to fire.

Welcome and Carry On!

Hardballer out...
    Last edited by hardballer; 11-21-2010 at 07:41 PM.